FishDuck Article

Ducks Must Regain “The Eye of the Tiger”

If there are three things I know in life, it is Oregon Football, guitar-driven rock n’ roll, and the “Rocky“ film series. We all know (and love) the theme song “Eye of the Tiger” from Rocky III, and the Eye of the Tiger is exactly what the Ducks need on the cusp of their rematch with Utah. Admittedly, this might be a bit of a ...

Read the full article here...

• Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Wow, now that was writing, well done!

Maybe the boys just need some of this?

images-2.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Dramatic or not that was a great read. Thank you! 

Entertaining and a joy to read!  Thanks Darren.

Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey Darren, that was a knockout! Rocky lll is my favorite of the series and who knew that it was made for this 39 years ago!

Fun read. Thanks Darren. But with the comeback Rocky won the World Heavyweight Championship Title. In other words, The Natty.

On 12/1/2021 at 7:57 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Fun read. Thanks Darren. But with the comeback Rocky won the World Heavyweight Championship Title. In other words, The Natty.

psssh... the pac-12 title is way bigger than any boxing title! ; )

• Haha 1

Hey Darren, how about a "spoiler alert" for those of us who have not seen the movie?

On 12/1/2021 at 5:56 AM, Haywarduck said:

Wow, now that was writing, well done!

Maybe the boys just need some of this?

images-2.jpeg

Thanks. I might have to try one of those!

On 12/1/2021 at 7:13 AM, 30Duck said:

Hey Darren, that was a knockout! Rocky lll is my favorite of the series and who knew that it was made for this 39 years ago!

It was the first one I ever watched AND in the movie theatre. I honestly can't decide which one I like best. 

On 12/1/2021 at 8:57 AM, Steven A said:

Hey Darren, how about a "spoiler alert" for those of us who have not seen the movie?

Hahaha so true. My bad!

On 12/1/2021 at 8:57 AM, Steven A said:

Added. (thumbs up)

beach trip GIF

• Haha 1

Darren, I echo how I loved to read that and that movie hits the profile of so many that read here.  I can still hear Mick's gravely voice saying, "he'll knock you into tomorrow, Rock."  I know you had that quote in the article, but I loved it.

And the music!  The next movie against the Russian had some epic music in it as well.

So true...it is such a fascinating game to consider...

Try to watch this short tribute to the move and NOT get fired up!

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/1/2021 at 9:51 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Darren, I echo how I loved to read that and that movie hits the profile of so many that read here.  I can still hear Mick's gravely voice saying, "he'll knock you into tomorrow, Rock."  I know you had that quote in the article, but I loved it.

And the music!  The next movie against the Russian had some epic music in it as well.

So true...it is such a fascinating game to consider...

Try to watch this short tribute to the move and NOT get fired up!

Ah yes, gotta luv the tunes. Of note, and i didn't know this for the longest time, maybe some do. But, the lead singer of the band Survivor who sang "eye of the tiger" developed vocal issues shortly afterwards and was replaced. So, the lead singer for the Rocky 4 songs ( and other mid 80s hits) is a different guy. I had no idea back then!

I think this game is more akin to Rocky IV... Massive comeback in a lesser venue, but with big connotations for the future.

Edited by woundedknees

On 12/1/2021 at 12:13 PM, woundedknees said:

I think this game is more akin to Rocky IV.

Adrian: "You CAN'T Win!"

Rocky: "Oh Adrian...everybody knows Adrian tells the truth..."

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/1/2021 at 12:56 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Adrian: "You CAN'T Win!"

Rocky: "Oh Adrian...everybody knows Adrian tells the truth..."

Yeah, talk about pulling a total 180 from Rocky 3, Adrian! thanks!

Yo Adrian!

• Like 1

"Maybe the only thing I can do...is take everything he's got...and he's has to have the heart to stand in front of me..."    (A minute video)

Speaking of music....the scene after--he goes for a drive (below) with the song, "There is No Easy Way Out" which is superb, with wonderful flashback moments--thanks for the great memories Darren!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/1/2021 at 2:25 PM, Charles Fischer said:

"Maybe the only thing I can do...is take everything he's got...and he's has to have the heart to stand in front of me..."    (A minute video)

Speaking of music....the scene after--he goes for a drive (below) with the song, "There is No Easy Way Out" which is superb, with wonderful flashback moments--thanks for the great memories Darren!

And who can forget the great Robert Tepper!? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Isn't there a song from Rocky called" gonna fly now " it fits us better don't ya think.