30Duck

Which Ducks are we Going to Remember at the Alamo Bowl?

No KT, no Mykael, no Devon? In the article from Scoop Duck, Jarrid Denney highlights some Ducks that will need to raise their games. 

Which Players will step up in place of Oregon's Alamo Bowl Opt-Outs?

Oregon Ducks edge rusher Bradyn Swinson returns to form with critical late  tackle after missing 3 games following knee scope - oregonlive.com

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree with most of his picks, and would like to think the drop-off will not be as bad as most would think?

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I look forward to seeing the talent and new leadership. There was some rot occurring within the ranks and it will be important for the next group of Ducks to step up and take over, in a healthy way.

These Ducks need to compete, and a win would go a long way to helping Lanning guide this group going forward. The talent is only a part of what I will be watching, as the leadership of this team will be developing before our eyes.

• Thumbs Up 1

The article was pretty accurate.  As always, when's it's your turn, take advantage of the opportunity.

It's exciting that even after all the departures and season ending injuries that most of the back ups are 4/5 stars. Stars mean nothing but these youngsters are talented. Very talented.

Only 8 juniors and seniors are listed on the 2 deep roster. That means 40 plus youngsters will be playing in the Alamo bowl. That bodes well for the future. 

Hope Coach Lanning keeps the top talent coming to Eugene and they coach them up.

I take one exception in the article.  I just don't see where KT was dominant after his return. He had his moments but was not a dominant force. At times he was double and triple teamed. Something just wasn't right.......

• Thumbs Up 4

On 12/24/2021 at 9:03 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

The article was pretty accurate.  As always, when's it's your turn, take advantage of the opportunity.

It's exciting that even after all the departures and season ending injuries that most of the back ups are 4/5 stars. Stars mean nothing but these youngsters are talented. Very talented.

Only 8 juniors and seniors are listed on the 2 deep roster. That means 40 plus youngsters will be playing in the Alamo bowl. That bodes well for the future. 

Hope Coach Lanning keeps the top talent coming to Eugene and they coach them up.

I take one exception in the article.  I just don't see where KT was dominant after his return. He had his moments but was not a dominant force. At times he was double and triple teamed. Something just wasn't right.......

And chipped by the TE and or RB. Along with game planning around him.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/24/2021 at 9:03 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

A D-lineman can be invisible, at times, but each players impact is well known by the opposing teams and the pundits. I think KT had the respect of both factions, and should have the respect of the fanbase too. 

I think back to Ngata and how his statistics weren't all that amazing. His impact on every play was astounding when you really analyzed the game.

I will admit the qb is the most important position, and that one is easy to see.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/24/2021 at 9:35 AM, Haywarduck said:

Also, there was a game wherein Sewel wasn't credited with a single tackle, yet he had an impact as always.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/24/2021 at 10:08 AM, Steven A said:

Also, there was a game wherein Sewel wasn't credited with a single tackle, yet he had an impact as always.

By now, while a Sack is good, and easy to keep track of, they don't necessarily tell the story. Aaron Donald of the Rams won't get as many sacks because he is double teamed, which means it's that much easier for one of the other DL's to get the QB. 

so when PFF rates DL, what are they looking at?

On 12/24/2021 at 10:36 AM, DR Hilarius said:

so when PFF rates DL, what are they looking at?

Sacks are still the easiest to quantify, but now "Hurries" are being tabulated, which can result in an errant pass, which might be intercepted, or at least incomplete. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, this game, I'm not going to make a wager on this one. Will OK play hard for Bob Stoops? Will the Oregon at Ohio State team or the Oregon vs Utah/Stanford team, show up?

I know one thing, sending the Pac-12's 2nd best team to play the B12's 2nd or 3rd place team in San Antonio is, not surprisingly, more evidence of the absence of leadership and strategic thinking at Pac-12 HQ.

Edited by Jon Joseph

Jon, as we all know, leadership in the PAC was woeful. Why is our 2nd best team playing outside of the PAC foot print. 

But consider this.....

With all the money and billionaires in California why is their not a Second New Years Six Bowl in Socal?

2nd place team should be showcased in the PAC foot print. Theirs plenty of money, hotels and potential sponsors to make a big payday possible. I mean Rose Bowl type money.

Maybe the new council can get with it. If influemce and name recognition is all the council has, then use it.

The Jimmie kibble and bits bowl is just underwhelming.........

On 12/24/2021 at 3:13 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

The Jimmie kibble and bits bowl is just underwhelming........

This is what I thought. The biggest, brightest football stadium in the country is SoFi, right there in Inglewood, It currently is home to the Chargers and Rams. But I'm sure that if GK called, things could start going to get that stadium to host the Big Pac-12 Bowl game. 

Give the Rose Bowl to the CFP. 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 3:32 PM, 30Duck said:

Give the Rose Bowl to the CFP

Blasphemy, plus Keith Jackson just rolled over.

• Thumbs Up 1

Manning and Bridges.

On 12/24/2021 at 9:09 PM, Steven A said:

Blasphemy, plus Keith Jackson just rolled over.

As Keith would say, "Whoa, Nelly!" He's turned completely the other way now. Ohio State doesn't want their tickets? The Rose Bowl now, isn't anything like it was when Keith presided. The tradition ended when Texas played in it. It was supposed to be Pac-12 vs. B1G.

Now when it's not part of the CFP carnage, it's a participation game, and Ohio State doesn't even want all of its tickets. 

On 12/24/2021 at 6:13 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Jon, as we all know, leadership in the PAC was woeful. Why is our 2nd best team playing outside of the PAC foot print. 

But consider this.....

With all the money and billionaires in California why is their not a Second New Years Six Bowl in Socal?

2nd place team should be showcased in the PAC foot print. Theirs plenty of money, hotels and potential sponsors to make a big payday possible. I mean Rose Bowl type money.

Maybe the new council can get with it. If influemce and name recognition is all the council has, then use it.

The Jimmie kibble and bits bowl is just underwhelming.........

I would send the Pac-12 runner up to Las Vegas. Weather not a factor and possibly make it an invitational so the opponent could come from any conference. This year's LV Bowl has ASU playing Wisconsin. Why not Oregon vs Iowa?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/25/2021 at 10:58 AM, 30Duck said:

As Keith would say, "Whoa, Nelly!" He's turned completely the other way now. Ohio State doesn't want their tickets? The Rose Bowl now, isn't anything like it was when Keith presided. The tradition ended when Texas played in it. It was supposed to be Pac-12 vs. B1G.

Now when it's not part of the CFP carnage, it's a participation game, and Ohio State doesn't even want all of its tickets. 

It started with the BCS and the BCS x 2. Never should have happened! Pac 12 + B1G should have been smart enough to hold on the CFB's most valuable property. If CFB had split champions, so what?

On 12/25/2021 at 10:30 AM, Jon Joseph said:

If CFB had split champions, so what?

Exactly! The CFB, BCS, whatever we call it, has taken the spirit out of college football. Why not have two Champs? Conflict is energizing. Besides the fans of the Invited teams, nobody is waiting with bated breath for the semi-finals, much less the Rose Bowl.

It's why there are Bowls for 6-6 teams, or 5-7 now.