30Duck

After the Game, Sooner Fans are Duck Fans

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Got to love it, as yep...it makes the CFB world go-round.  Who do I root for in the ACC?

Whoever is playing Miami...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

I get it. There are 1000 reasons I root for other team. At times its a web of reasoning. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2021 at 6:29 PM, Log Haulin said:

I get it. There are 1000 reasons I root for other team. At times its a web of reasoning. 

And oft a web of fanaticism for CFB fans? 

On 12/29/2021 at 3:25 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Got to love it, as yep...it makes the CFB world go-round.  Who do I root for in the ACC?

Whoever is playing Miami...

I've some how become a new fan of FSU who are also attempting a resurrection in the sunshine state. Seems like whichever team gets on their feet first may swing the recruiting momentum for good. Of course if they both fall flat on their faces, that also works for me.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just love how FSU self destructed and we just picked up the pieces.  The Jimbo and Jameis show was epic.  Sadly, we would have our FSU moment against TCU the following year.  Karma, smh.

FSU and other ACC teams are going to get whipped like nobodies business in the recruiting game by MC and his staff.

Seriously.... 

However,  MC's offensive philosophy is predictable.  In game adjustments are non existent and player development is lacking.

Seriously......

The Miami fan boards will be fun to read when they witness this. Game after game, year after year.

You wanted him, you got him and he's all yours 

Seriously..........

• Thumbs Up 2

To me what Lincoln Riley did to OU feels much more like a Willie Taggart move than what Mario did to UO.

I've already forgiven Mario. Willie..... not so much.

Please do not get me wrong. I'm happy both left. But, I hope Mario and his family enjoy life back in Miami.

I'm hoping Willie ends up the Special Teams Coordinator at Everglades Community College. Go Pelicans!

So, yes. May the Ducks help OU out by taking care of USC for the next few decades.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I sat next to a fine young Duck fan from North Carolina at the Pac12 mugging in Las Vegas.

When asked his love for the Ducks, he explained he started as an NC and Russell Wilson fan.  Then Russ portaled to Wisconsin and gained a lot of national attention.  When Oregon beat Russ and Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, he became a lifelong Duck.  

His dream of attending Oregon after high school was scuttled by his mother’s lack of resources to cover out of state tuition.  He has since graduated, begun a successful business career, and travels to Duck games when they play outside of the Pac12 footprint.

The loss to the Utes was painful, but didn’t deter the love for the Ducks.  He is planning his first trip to Autzen in the Fall of 2022.

The vanquisher of an enemy appears to gain future loyalty.

• Thumbs Up 3