30Duck

Lanning has to Turn Washington Kids into Ducks

It would just be the right thing to do, look what happened to "Softy".

image.jpeg.5f060fc3c0d23f5c1fcc56caf0591803.jpeg

With all the talent in the state up north, JTT last year, Josh Connerly this season,

Under Dan Lanning, Oregon must recruit the state of Washington better.

Matt Prehm 247 sports

Bobby Moore, Jonathan Stewart are from Washinton

image.jpeg.dc9ba233dd0a8417324309215dae6094.jpeg                Fantasy Football Preview - Jonathan Stewart - Fake Teams

I think Matt makes a great case, and has superb information to support it.  But darn....aren't the State of Washington kids taught early-on to "hate Oregon?"  Seems hard to overcome, but perhaps the energy of Lanning and the further decline of the Huskies can do so?

Mr. FishDuck

How many years of genital licking does it take to change a mind?  Just asking.

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2022 at 5:47 PM, Steven A said:

How many years of genital licking does it take to change a mind?  Just asking.

its not just the genitalia, look farther back LOL

I always feel that Washington recruits are overrated.   Aaron Fentress on Talkin' Ducks this week basically stated that recruiting rankings are garbage.....that SEC 4 stars are not the same thing as Pac-12 4 stars.  

Back in the day, the Dawgman.com moderator  evaluated the King County talent and all of them were 4 and 5 stars.  Cody Bruns was that camel's final straw.

On 1/5/2022 at 6:42 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

I always feel that Washington recruits are overrated.   Aaron Fentress on Talkin' Ducks this week basically stated that recruiting rankings are garbage.....that SEC 4 stars are not the same thing as Pac-12 4 stars.  

Back in the day, the Dawgman.com moderator evaluated the King County talent and all of them were 4 and 5 stars.  Cody Bruns was that camel's final straw.

Yep, the owner of Scout.com was a Husky and Oregon verbals often lost a star and Washington verbals mysteriously received an upgrade with another star.  It is why I do not use 247 Recruiting Rankings (who bought Scout.com) over time because the bias in the rankings for so many years.

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Ok... I did write about Oregon's failure to recruit the state of Washington last summer right after JTT decided to go to Ohio State instead. 

I just feel the need to do a little victory lap while also shamelessly show off. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Might as well, the dawgs are doing their best to turn Washington recruits into anything other than huskies. 

Wasn't there a song written about that.

Momma's don't let your babies grow up to be huskies.

Don't let 'em lick there, and wear purple and yellow

Let 'em be Ducks and Students and such.

Momma's don't let your babies grow up to be huskies!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

These kids want to win, chase girls and get to the league. If Lanning becomes what we all hope he becomes, the best of the best will flock to Eugene regardless of where they are from. 

As far as I know we recruited JTT as hard as we could. We were in his and many others across the country top 3.

Usually the best man never the groom.  And so the story goes.