Haywarduck

A Revamp Of Our Recruiting

Interesting article on Lanning's idea of revamping Oregon's recruiting.

Obviously Lanning isn't satisfied with just continuing what was done. Not a rebuild, but a perfecting, reworking, and just touching up a process already working.

Exciting to see a guy not satisfied with the one area which was the most successful part of the Oregon Football Program.

Recruiting under Lanning

It's Coach Lannings first seat in the Big Chair. That means a learning curve is upon him at Duck Nation. That doesn't mean it's a good or bad curve. Just a curve.

Top recruits will and have come to Oregon. It appears that Coach Lanning can recruit. We are about to find out.

It is exciting.......

On 1/8/2022 at 9:26 AM, Haywarduck said:

Exciting to see a guy not satisfied with the one area which was the most successful part of the Oregon Football Program.

I feel like this is a great sign. He wants to make it even better, and built his staff with that in mind, and I'm confident that this attitude will carry over to an emphasis on player development and in-game coaching. A while back we discussed momentum; I feel it building at Oregon.

Tuesday is the big day next week for ducks fans because that's the day he is full time at Oregon. 

Next week we get to really see what Lanning has in store for us. So far we have really just seen the set up for the Lanning era... Some initial hires some small recruiting and roster preservation and a couple pick-ups from the portal. Next week is full power Lanning. 

It is very exciting to say the least.

• Thumbs Up 1

From that article:

"The 2022 Oregon offense promises to provide a new-look systems with Nix and the new coaching staff set to take over from Cristobal, offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead and quarterback Anthony Brown who all depart this off-season."

'nuff said!!  I am excited to be a Duck fan and experience this new enthusiasm and excitement at Autzen!

I do like the idea of revamping the recruiting, the defense, and the offense, basically needs to be rebuilt.

Fortunately for the offense, most of the materials are already on site. If the offense were a car it would need, maybe some new performance wheels, and upgrade the carburetor to fuel injection. The vehicle is worth the effort. It is going to be nice to see the offense go again!

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually do not agree with the article; first it was simply a collection of old-quotes and then blah-blah assumptions about the future.  Ducks Wire, in addition to this article at On3 is guilty of having an attractive title, but with no meat to the article.

Part of where my disagreement comes is out of respect for Coach Cristobal; he was a relentless, untiring recruiter who used the same Alabama blueprint for recruiting that Lanning got from Kirby Smart, who got it from Saban after working with him for 13 years.  I simply do not see anyone outworking Mario in the recruiting realm.  So a "Revamp" is hyper-stated writing fluff, and that comes from a guy who makes great titles a big part of his life.  

I take pride in good titles to make people want to click, but we must have the goods in a FishDuck article to back up a tasty title.  This article above does not, IMHO.

We do not know how good Lanning will be yet overall, but thus far--the players he has recruited back and the first 2023 verbal is nice.  But where I believe Lanning has established a higher bar is that he has recruited a better staff for recruiting than Cristobal had.  The Tight End Coach difference alone is VAST between the two staffs for recruiting.

Revamped...no.  Improved upon by way of recruiting better coaches who can recruit players?  Absolutely.

And thanks to Haywarduck for posting it, because while I may have reservations about it--the bottom line is it created great discussion.

Cristobal_Westside Gazette.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/8/2022 at 10:12 AM, Ktmguy2018 said:

From that article:

"The 2022 Oregon offense promises to provide a new-look systems with Nix and the new coaching staff set to take over from Cristobal, offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead and quarterback Anthony Brown who all depart this off-season."

'nuff said!!  I am excited to be a Duck fan and experience this new enthusiasm and excitement at Autzen!

I'm glad all those are gone finally. I hope Dye and CJ leave as well as they are not break away RBs and if this offense want's to go to the stratosphere then we need speed behind center.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:22 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I actually do not agree with the article; first it was simply a collection of old-quotes and then blah-blah assumptions about the future.  Ducks Wire, in addition to this article at On3 is guilty of having an attractive title, but with no meat to the article.

Part of where my disagreement comes is out of respect for Coach Cristobal; he was a relentless, untiring recruiter who used the same Alabama blueprint for recruiting that Lanning got from Kirby Smart, who got it from Saban after working with him for 13 years.  I simply do not see anyone outworking Mario in the recruiting realm.  So a "Revamp" is hyper-stated writing fluff, and that comes from a guy who makes great titles a big part of his life.  

I take pride in good titles to make people want to click, but we must have the goods in a FishDuck article to back up a tasty title.  This article above does not, IMHO.

We do not know how good Lanning will be yet overall, but thus far--the players he has recruited back and the first 2023 verbal is nice.  But where I believe Lanning has established a higher bar is that he has recruited a better staff for recruiting than Cristobal had.  The Tight End Coach difference alone is VAST between the two staffs for recruiting.

Revamped...no.  Improved upon by way of recruiting better coaches who can recruit players?  Absolutely.

And thanks to Haywarduck for posting it, because while I may have reservations about it--the bottom line is it created great discussion.

Man he looks demonic there! Whew we dodged a huge 50 Caliber Bullet there people. That just isn't a good look to me anyways and thanks for the picture Fish. Yes mario was a great recruiter but a terrible Xs and Os HC and really no coaching up players. So I really didn't like where this team was headed. Ugly offense and he will not succeed at Miami if he stays with his failure to evolve which is fine with me because I still have a BAD Taste in my mouth from his terrible offenses. Good Riddance.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:22 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I simply do not see anyone outworking Mario in the recruiting realm. 

I can see respect for Mario, but that should stay well below the level of reverence. Mario may have worked very hard, but it is just like Frost saying you can't recruit to Oregon to say Mario can't be beat. You can recruit to Oregon and I think you can out work Mario. You gave away the method, better coaches, and he has that. 

JTT never should have went to tosu. I think recruits want to come to Oregon to play offense. The difference with an elite Defensive Coach is he will be able to bring in more defensive talent. 

My glass is always half full of lemonade I make myself, and I mostly view things with green and yellow glasses, I fully admit. I will stand firm, I am not going to give away anything to the way Mario did it, as the best, just not going to happen.

Totally agree with Charles, nothing to see except the headline.  I'm not surprised, the author has posted seventeen articles on that one site in the past 24 hours.  How much time can he devote to each one?

On 1/8/2022 at 1:22 PM, Charles Fischer said:

With all due respect to the the poster, this article is an obscure insight into the obvious. Coach speak to the Nth degree. I do think like Mario he will bring in quality players but I hope these players are far better coached up by this staff.