30Duck

A Calming of the Storm between Arizona and Oregon

This just muddies the Duck waters to me.  On one hand she could be right about a "double-standard" in what Men can say versus Women during a game.  Or maybe she is playing the "Sexist" card?

Or maybe she is a bit more sensitive? Or maybe Graves did call her the "B" word, and that is not nice.  Hard to know the truth!

Adia Barnes not apologizing for giving passionate speech after Arizona's  win over UConn - Arizona Desert Swarm

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I have no doubt there is a double standard, but it doesn't mean either side should cross that line. I am glad a coach can't act like Bobby Knight use to. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe I'm naïve but I don't see the coach of a women's team freely using a term generally considered derogatory towards women.

What I hope this shows is that, as expected, tempers have cooled down.  But if these teams can get to, "They really don't like each other" that would be great. As we have lamented, the Pac-12 doesn't have the passion found in other conferences these days. I remember back in the 70's, Kamikaze Kids time, The Pit did shake, Bill Walton, Marques Johnson said they loved and hated playing there, Wooden hated it.

Overall, today, for crazy we have Cameron Indoor at Duke. In the final 5 minutes of a nail biter, it's as wild as The Pit was 5 hours before a game started. In Arizona, the crowd won't sit down until the opponent scores. Wow, that's intimidating. 

So, no, we don't want Bobby Knight, But a win over a hostile crowd on the road is as good as it gets. 

Sticks and stones!

I wish people would just grow up. Names don't hurt anybody unless you let them.

That said, coaches gotta show restraint as leaders. We all make mistakes, but flipping the bird to rival coaches on national tv?!! Not once but twice?!?

Seems to me she has the problem and perhaps the word allegedly used fits.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

"It was the mask...the mask, I tell you.  I was calling her 'Coach,' not 'B**ch.'"

• Haha 1

Absolutely throwing shade at KG. It could have been "quit bit**'n about the calls, coach". Who knows, but I find it a little tough to believe that Graves would throw that kind of verbiage at an opponent's woman coach while coaching his own players, particularly women like Sedona Prince who are outspoken on the sexism issues in college sports.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/19/2022 at 4:10 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Absolutely throwing shade at KG. It could have been "quit bit**'n about the calls, coach". Who knows, but I find it a little tough to believe that Graves would throw that kind of verbiage at an opponent's woman coach while coaching his own players, particularly women like Sedona Prince who are outspoken on the sexism issues in college sports.

Really good point.  Coach Graves would be fried by his own team.

Mr. FishDuck

She is one of those coaches that complain constantly on the sideline. 

On 1/19/2022 at 3:20 PM, DanLduck said:

We all make mistakes, but flipping the bird to rival coaches on national tv?!! Not once but twice?!?

How does this mesh with the after game handshake??

On 1/19/2022 at 3:20 PM, DanLduck said:

Sticks and stones!

I wish people would just grow up. Names don't hurt anybody unless you let them.

That said, coaches gotta show restraint as leaders. We all make mistakes, but flipping the bird to rival coaches on national tv?!! Not once but twice?!?

Seems to me she has the problem and perhaps the word allegedly used fits.

Good call. 

Book 'em, DanL.  (I've been dying to say that.  🙂 )

Edited by Mudslide
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2022 at 6:14 PM, Mark R said:

test post