NJDuck

Rivals Predicts Two Massive Commitments for Oregon Ducks Football

Rivals predicts Oregon will land both 247Sports five star  offensive tackle Josh Conerly Jr. and consensus four-star offensive/defensive lineman Dave Luli.  Link to story below by Andrew Nemec.  Though, like Nemec says "In other words, Rivals’ predictions are a good sign for Oregon, but those commitments are far from locks."

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Sure is a hopeful sign, but yeah, I would like to see signatures on letters of intent. But wouldn't this be a great start for recruiting for the Lanning staff! Hope Rivals is right.

Here's what I think, Lanning and his new super duper recruiters will close this class somewhere between 15th to 9th. Bet on it. Every player they are going after will help Oregon.

I never count a 'commitment' or a lean until they have signed. And today? They could enter the portal the day after they signed!

• Thumbs Up 1

I think a sportswriter is telling the faithful what they want to hear....

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

So much click bait going on it has become difficult to separate facts from fiction. Both these players would be great recruits if they sign their LOI's.

Not sure that even guarantees that top players will stay put with the program. Because the landscape can and is changing daily its difficult to even get excited about a player becoming a Duck. Let alone a sportswriter who heard it from a friends brother in law, whose sister in law once dated an assistant coach. It seems with NSD fast approaching we seem to know more about what isn't happening than way may actually occur  .........

Recruiting will still matter. It's just that much tougher for roster management. 90%+ of the Ducks are staying at Oregon even with all our turmoil.

We aren't the only ones going through this. Look at UGA which just won the natty. You would think they would be the least likely to have any decommits or transfers. And yet! 

On 1/24/2022 at 9:54 AM, Jon Joseph said:

They could enter the portal the day after they signed!

Jon, are you sure they have to wait that long?

• Haha 3

Oregon should be a possible destination for many highly touted recruits. It’s a nice discussion, but Lanning and company still need to prove themselves both on and off the field. 

I believe that if this staff can lead the team to some impressive wins next season they will quickly gain traction with their recruiting efforts. 

However, while predictions are nice…end results matter. 

We all shall see come Feb 3rd ( Connelly could wait like JTT last year), S Training also Sept 22. Can't hardly wait.