Charles Fischer

Wright Still Finds Stanford Loss Wrong

Sounds like he really went over many times...

1344498390.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Do you remember the numerous crazy flags at the end of Stanford vs. Oregon that cost the Ducks the game? Mykael Wright does, and he isn’t over it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Guest Axel

Sir Charles’ FishDuck Forum has earned a sterling reputation for its decorum, integrity, and a fairness that’s undistinguishable from the jurisprudence of wise, old King Solomon.

As such, we in the forum always look rationally and objectively at both sides of a controversial call, even one as rotten, terrible, and utterly incomprehensible as Mykael Wright’s holding penalty against Stanford that never should have been called in a billion quadrillion years.

To demonstrate the fairness and good sportsmanship that exists in this forum, I reached out to that typically incompetent Pac-12 referee who made that incredibly bogus call against Wright, so that he could present his pathetic side of the story.

The referee asked that he remain anonymous; I promised that I’d create a neutral-sounding pseudonym. I think “Jerry Glaucoma” fits the bill.

Glaucoma denied my accusation that he was blind drunk when he made the holding call. He refuted my charge that he and his crew had consumed a gallon of Wild Turkey at halftime. He continued the denial no matter how hard I shook him by the shoulders.

The chief administrator of the psychiatric institute that is treating Glaucoma described the referee as “a pitiful slug who should never work another Pac-12 game, unless it’s one that screws the Huskies.”

Was the Mykael Wright holding call against Stanford justified? I hope that my impartial interview of Jerry Glaucoma will help you arrive at a fair and just answer. After all, rational thought is the hallmark of this forum—even if it isn’t the standard of Pac-12 referees.

On 3/6/2022 at 7:51 PM, Axel said:

I think “Jerry Glaucoma” fits the bill.

I wish I could give 20 "thumbs-up" and another 20 "laughter" icons, as that was a riot. Your post is the only good thing to come from that game!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I still find the Stanford loss wrong... I have never been quite so angry by an Oregon loss. 

At least not for quite a long time. 

I really can't wait to see Lanning and company shut Stanford down as Oregon will have a better roster and hopefully now coaches that can use that roster to their full abilities. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it was a bad call. But, the fact that Stanford was in that position to potentially win the game still sickens me. No way that game should've even been close. It was just one of several games this past season, though, that the Ducks managed to make much closer than they should have been. Water under the bridge. Dan's here. Let's joyfully move on.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 3/6/2022 at 11:09 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I wish I could give 20 "thumbs-up" and another 20 "laughter" icons, as that was a riot. Your post is the only good thing to come from that game!

Between Axel's takes and cat GIFS, my cardiologist is on speed dial. 

'Do you have a license for that monkee? What! Are you blind!'

Axel, you are the man! I understand that your application to join Pac-12 HQ has been declined? Shocking!

• Haha 1

I don't consider WSU or Stanford to be rivals, particularly - any more than ASU, Cal, etc.  But for some reason, it seems like the crushing, inexcusable, damn-we-could-have-played-for-it-all, what-the-*&$^!-happened losses always seem to come against one of those two teams, and particularly Stanford.  And I have no idea why. 

At least with WSU I can occasionally blame the weather and/or the fact that they have often run an unusual game plan given that their talent level tends to be on the lower end of the Pac-12.

But freaking Stanford?!

• Haha 1

Some say this Glaucoma guy refereed in the Super Bowl. Niners fans sure think so.

• Thumbs Up 1

Isn't Jerry Glaucoma the front man for The Grateful Dead (Refs?)

On 3/7/2022 at 12:51 PM, Kurt Rambis said:

I don't consider WSU or Stanford to be rivals, particularly - any more than ASU, Cal, etc.  But for some reason, it seems like the crushing, inexcusable, damn-we-could-have-played-for-it-all, what-the-*&$^!-happened losses always seem to come against one of those two teams, and particularly Stanford.  And I have no idea why. 

At least with WSU I can occasionally blame the weather and/or the fact that they have often run an unusual game plan given that their talent level tends to be on the lower end of the Pac-12.

But freaking Stanford?!

NEMESIS?

• Thumbs Up 1

In related news, his 4.57 time in the 40 at combine was slower than Georgia’s punter.

Wright had said he aimed to run in low 4.4s.  Leaving early to draft may have been a mistake.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/7/2022 at 11:48 AM, AllOregon said:

In related news, his 4.57 time in the 40 at combine was slower than Georgia’s punter.

But it was faster than Georgia's 341 lbs, DT Jordan Davis, who ran 4.78

• Haha 2

On 3/7/2022 at 7:42 AM, David Marsh said:

I still find the Stanford loss wrong... I have never been quite so angry by an Oregon loss. 

I really can't wait to see Lanning and company shut Stanford down as Oregon will have a better roster and hopefully now coaches that can use that roster to their full abilities. 

We owned them the whole second half.  When Oregon took the foot off the gas, they allowed Stanford to get back in the game.  Worst game management I had ever seen.

Had Oregon, attempted to put the game out of reach, everyone would not be talking about the refs and the penalties.  Oregon had injuries through out the season but they have had the better players, now coaching, that was the concern.  Watch the change in this team, even with a fair amount of transfers out.

On 3/7/2022 at 7:42 AM, David Marsh said:

As bad as that loss was, and as bad as that pass interference call was, I think we can all agree that the Ducks had no business letting Stanford hang around long enough to steal the win. That was the main issue.

And the loss of Moorhead certainly didn’t help.

• Thumbs Up 1