kirklandduck

All-Pac-12 Edge Rusher Visiting Oregon This Weekend

Mitchell Agude, UCLA transfer and all-Pac-12 2nd team member is visiting this weekend, it would be a nice pick-up to help shore up the DL.

Y6K3X4TIHNFBVORCIIU55PRM4I.JPG
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

UCLA senior defensive end/linebacker Mitchell Agude is visiting Oregon this weekend. He has a top four of Miami (Fla.), Oregon...

• Thumbs Up 3

Book 'em Dano!

Tweets with replies by Not Dan Lanning (@lanningseason) / Twitter

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Whatever pieces it takes to have a 2 deep defensive roster in place September 3rd against the Bulldogs.

Mingle a little veteran experience with the baby Ducks, pour in the seasoning of the Coach Lanning Defense and take the PAC by storm.

Georgia, BYU, WSU and Utah offensive schemes and talent will push the D to the limit. The D may need to win 2 of those games. The difference between 10-2 and 8-4 could be a few key pieces.

• Thumbs Up 5

More significantly, both Josh Conerly and Lebbeus Overton (plus his brother) will be in Eugene this weekend. Open wide the Overton window!

• Thumbs Up 5

You cannot have too many good players if, in today's free agent world, you can keep them at 'home.'

This young man is leaving a team that played significantly better last season and finished 8-4. He was foundational piece to this improvement. His DC has departed but his team's QB, DTR, is back. And UCLA with its cupcake OOC schedule will be 3-0 to the start the season. Regardless of the competition, after week 3, UCLA will be ranked in the AP top 25.

If I'm the guy tasked with tracking and recruiting the portal, I would definitely want to know why this young man is leaving LA? Ditto for why any young man heads to what he believes will be 'greener pastures.'

As we often see in the NFL, free agents who leave their team to sign for more money elsewhere quite often do not play as well or better, for their new team.

If the coaches see Agude is a team player, sign him up.

• Thumbs Up 3

If we signed all three (4), it would be an epic weekend. If we just sign the brother, not so much.

Agree about transfers, motivation is a critical question with these guys. If they are just looking for another place which will solve all their problems then a transfer isn't a good catch. A senior trying to be highlighted for the NFL Draft, not too bad if he is a team player.

If Agude wants to be a disruptive force on national tv against Georgia to start the season, bring him on! If I was selling Agude on Oregon that is what I would be selling, and then see his reaction and hear his plan. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I sure would like to know where all the schollies are coming from...must be expecting more exits from our existing roster...asking for a friend. 

On 3/8/2022 at 2:12 PM, DanLduck said:

I sure would like to know where all the schollies are coming from...must be expecting more exits from our existing roster...asking for a friend. 

I think they are anticipating after Spring Football, that a couple of players will see newbie freshmen pass them on the depth chart and they can see the PT handwriting on the wall.  I would not be surprised to see the No. 3 QB transfer out as well in May/June.

I don't like it, but it is the world now.  Play me or I'm gone...

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

And if you play me, pay me.

Any P-5 defensive player who watched the Natty could envision or dream about playing for Coach Lanning. Only so many high 4 and 5 star players can go to Georgia, Bama, tOSU, etc.

Oregon with Coach Lannings scheme can never get enough of those type of players on the roster. If Coach calls and asks you to come visit, WHY NOT?

Deciding between Oregon and UCLA? That choice could be the difference between a NFL Combine invite or just finishing your degree and on to your 40 year career. Or maybe just a legitimate shot at the CFP.

Young people have dreams. Dreams that drive your personal motivation engine. Playing for a national brand on national TV could be part of that dream

Go Ducks find those hungry, talented players willing to work for the team and make their dream come true. Find players who are committed to 2022 being a 15 game season.

Another visitor to add to the list.

• Thumbs Up 2