Haywarduck

Does Lanning Meet the Expectations of Noah?

Read below

d5d5691338f618a9989248460b83b3f8
WWW.YAHOO.COM

A Noah Sewell-led defense coached by Dan Lanning and Tosh Lupoi? That could be dominant beyond belief in 2022.

• Thumbs Up 2

Love it! Just reading the opening of the article tells us that Sewell and Lanning are a great fit and that he's excited about what the defense will do in '22!

Wasn't Noah seriously considering Georgia when being recruited by Lanning?  It appears so from his 247 recruiting profile.

The blitzes by Inside Linebackers in the Georgia system are PERFECT for Sewell, Bassa and Flowe!

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/1/2022 at 1:20 PM, McDuck said:

Wasn't Noah seriously considering Georgia when being recruited by Lanning?  It appears so from his 247 recruiting profile.

He had to know Lanning before coming to Oregon. Maybe there was a connection before Lanning was hired?

On 4/1/2022 at 1:20 PM, McDuck said:

it would have been a dereliction of duty if lanning had not gone after noah sewell out of HS. there had to have been prior contact. 

Sewell took an official visit to Georgia, was impressed, and the Bulldog fans still remember him and wanted to know about his progress when I was on their board.

Mr. FishDuck

My question is did Noah reach out, or his dad reach out to DanLan as the job became open. I was actually afraid he would jump ship and head to Georgia. Instead, Georgia came to him, coincidence? We do live in an age of conspiracies, so why not ask the question.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/2/2022 at 3:12 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Sewell took an official visit to Georgia, was impressed, and the Bulldog fans still remember him and wanted to know about his progress when I was on their board.

Correct, he came to the Notre Dame game in Athens in 2019.  Based on reports he and his family had an awesome time, great game with a great atmosphere.  

Congrats you got a good one no doubt.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah Noah was coveted by Georgia and I think we would have landed him had it not been for the existing family connection in Eugene. I have watched a fair amount of Duck football over the past two years and followed along with Noah when the Ducks defense was out there.

He is great when the play unfolds  in front of him but a bit sluggish many times going side to side. Lanning will get him over that in a hurry,  I suspect,  and make him the pro prospect that he hopes to be (although he will never go as high as his brother). 

On 4/2/2022 at 11:24 PM, amcdawg said:

Correct, he came to the Notre Dame game in Athens in 2019.  Based on reports he and his family had an awesome time, great game with a great atmosphere.  

Congrats you got a good one no doubt.

If you can't have a good time in Athens on game day something is wrong with you, very wrong.

'Tween the Hedges is a great place to watch a game. Just don't let mascot UGA literally take a bite out of you as he once did to an Auburn player after the guy had scored a TD!

• Thumbs Up 1

One more point about Lanning and defense. At Georgia, competition was stressed in  all position groups and I am told  that practices were extremely physical. But so  too was the TEAM ethic. Kirby and Lanning got the defense to always pull together and move to the ball in systematic ways.

In fact a good friend, who is a big Alabama fan, paid Georgia's 2021 defense an immense compliment by saying that that unit played like a well-coordinated organism. Lanning was not the only brain child here. Kirby's defenses at Alabama played like that, and  Georgia also had the good fortune to have Will Muschamp, a stellar defensive coordinator everywhere he ever was, as a planner and  defensive analyst.  So commentary in this article suggests to me that Lanning and Lupoi are working to install exactly that kind of climate in Eugene.

He is a players coach and, if the if team leaders like Sewell and hopefully  the alpha players on offense  buy in, the  rest will take  care of itself.

• Thumbs Up 7

On 4/3/2022 at 3:25 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

One more point about Lanning and defense. At Georgia, competition was stressed in  all position groups and I am told  that practices were extremely physical. But so  too was the TEAM ethic. Kirby and Lanning got the defense to always pull together and move to the ball in systematic ways.

In fact a good friend, who is a big Alabama fan, paid Georgia's 2021 defense an immense compliment by saying that that unit played like a well-coordinated organism. Lanning was not the only brain child here. Kirby's defenses at Alabama played like that, and  Georgia also had the good fortune to have Will Muschamp, a stellar defensive coordinator everywhere he ever was, as a planner and  defensive analyst.  So commentary in this article suggests to me that Lanning and Lupoi are working to install exactly that kind of climate in Eugene.

He is a players coach and, if the if team leaders like Sewell and hopefully  the alpha players on offense  buy in, the  rest will take  care of itself.

I must say, I find myself very grateful to have a Bulldog here on our board. Your opinions and insight are very much appreciated by this Ducks fan 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1