chrisjenn99

Can I Use 'That Word' Now? Reacting to a Paul Finebaum Joke/Observation

Jeez! This dude hasn't coached a game yet. Pump the brakes Paul. Let's see if the guy can coach before you belt out "Long live the King!".

Trying to keep it highbrow…

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

It's waaaaay to soon. But we need to be thinking ahead just in case he turns out to be great like we all believe he will.

There are several jobs I think would take him away from us. Alabama, UGA and tOSU. Would you fault him those dream jobs? I wouldn't!

• Go Ducks! 1

On 7/18/2022 at 4:31 PM, Duck 1972 said:

It's waaaaay to soon. But we need to be thinking ahead just in case he turns out to be great like we all believe he will.

There are several jobs I think would take him away from us. Alabama, UGA and tOSU. Would you fault him those dream jobs? I wouldn't!

As a rational human being in his right mind, of course not. As a Duck fanatic that bleeds green and yellow,  heck yea I would blame him.

However DL's tenure ends at the UO, as long as he is honest and forthright I am good.

We all know what would keep him here--it starts with an M and ends with a Y

Go Georgia!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/18/2022 at 5:46 PM, Steven A said:

Go Georgia!

OH No!!!!!!!!---GO Ole Miss

Go Arkansas

GO Missouri

Go Miss ST

Go Vanderbilt

Go Tenn

• Thumbs Up 1

College football has been stratifying for two decades.  Homo sapiens are the evolutionary apex predator because of hierarchies.  If DL is as good as advertised, then he probably will elevate to the highest level of the CFP hierarchy.

The only news that would be better for Oregon is if we replaced Bama at the top of the hierarchy first.  Which I am on board with, but I don't see a viable blueprint yet.

Let's get to work.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love and share his enthusiasm for DL but I'm pretty confident that the next head coach of Bama is currently coaching at Clemson. 

Dabo played at Bama and has already slayed the dragon impressively...beat the brakes off them in the natty a few years ago. 

As far as DL goes, I get the sense he wants to build his own legacy and sees Oregon as the perfect place to do it.  I think the conference realignment may impact that, but if we end up in the B1G or a situation where annual revenue and exposure are in the same ballpark, I think he could be the guy to make it happen.

Edited by DCDuckfan
  • Go Ducks! 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/19/2022 at 3:53 AM, DCDuckfan said:

As far as DL goes, I get the sense he wants to build his own legacy and sees Oregon as the perfect place to do it.  I think the conference realignment may impact that, but if we end up in the B1G or a situation where annual revenue and exposure are in the same ballpark, I think he could be the guy to make it happen.

If Lanning is the next Saban then he will build his program into his vision. Lanning will have the program he wants and that builds loyalty between him and his institution... Hopefully Oregon. 

Saban is one of the highest paid coaches in all of college football (if not the highest) but if say LSU or Auburn or even Oregon came knocking at his door with more money, I would find it unlikely he would leave Bama, he has built his program in his vision. Why start over? 

That's what Oregon has to do with Lanning if he is the next great head coach. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 7/19/2022 at 7:15 AM, David Marsh said:

I would find it unlikely he would leave Bama

No kidding.  Seems how he is twice Lanning's age and there would be nowhere to go but down.