florida duck

Bo Nix Highlights From 2021

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the video F Duck.

Clear to me that Bo has a ton of talent. He sees the field well, makes decisions quickly, can make all the throws, doesn’t lock in on one receiver, can run well, and has a strong arm which I saw in the spring game.

I believe our offensive line will give a better pocket than he had in the SEC and he won’t be facing a pass rush like he saw from LSU, Alabama, Florida, ex ex.

That being said the only knock I’ve heard is he throws picks at the wrong time, not that any time is a good time. If he can clean that up we have a gem in the making.

In the Pack he should do extremely well and I know, along with the rest of our Fishduck family, that this season has the potential to be something to remember.

Go 🦆🦆🦆

Edited by Just Ducky
  • Thumbs Up 1

If he averaged 2/3 TD passes a game, ran for another one, and we win, would the occasional interceptions be a problem? 

I don't think I would mind much. What about y'all?

Does anybody have his low-lights so I can make an educated conclusion? His highlights look pretty encouraging!!!

On 7/24/2022 at 10:56 AM, Duck 1972 said:

I don't think I would mind much. What about y'all?

. It will be, "What the?" Wow!!" But. I don't think Nix will be Johnny Footbawl, 

I am a member of 247, and thus a part of their nationwide system.  I just posed the questions to the Auburn board, and we'll see what they say.

Bo Nix_ Gary Breedlove.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

When Klemm fixes our pass blocking I don't believe he will have to be anything like Johnny.

He's is a gunslinger though, like Farve, so you have to expect the occasional ' what the hell was that.'

Other than the front 7 players from Georgia, Utah and maybe BYU, Bo will not be facing the same type of pressure or pass rush from  the PAC as the SEC. Same for TT and JB....

The experienced Duck OL will help BO keep opposing D's honest and off balance. Its time for Bo to lead and take charge. Minimize the mental errors and execute.

He has the talent, skills and real game time experience from playing against some of the best. The opportunity is before him.

GO BO.....GO DUCKS...........

• Applause 1

Is it just me, or did I see a lot of receivers having to adjust to the ball?

He led a few nicely, no doubt, but there were some wide open receivers who had to break off a route or come back to the ball.

I have no doubt BN is an upgrade from AB, and has the edge in experience, but I remain unconvinced he is hands down better than our 2 waiting in the wings.

It seems that a lot of Bo's interceptions were   when he was on the run. Hopefully the Oregon line will offer better protection and thus less need for forced throws. I gota say though  some of those scrambles would sure get the adrenaline pumping. Can you just imagine how Autzen would sound after one of those.  

On 7/24/2022 at 2:07 PM, PittDuck said:

Is it just me, or did I see a lot of receivers having to adjust to the ball?

He led a few nicely, no doubt, but there were some wide open receivers who had to break off a route or come back to the ball.

I have no doubt BN is an upgrade from AB, and has the edge in experience, but I remain unconvinced he is hands down better than our 2 waiting in the wings.

After only 10 practices, with a whole new playbook and players, we know he led the receivers well enough in ST. By Sept 3 he will have had 6 months. I believe as long as he doesn't have to break the pocket most of the time, we will see even more touch.

Bo is going to have a huge year. Very talented QB and great athlete. This is the year he lives up to his 5 star rating. A big bonus is he is an exciting player to watch. Really looking forward to this year!

• Thumbs Up 1