FishDuck Article

The End Zone Fade: Oregon Can Run It Now!

Duck fans, I’m sick of getting beat by the Stanford Endzone Fade play. Has there been a game in the last decade (besides the Ducks’ 21-6 win in 2019) in which Stanford hasn’t scored at least one touchdown on the Endzone Fade? Does last year’s 4th down pass interference penalty, then Stanford’s untimed down to tie the game and send ...

2022-07-05_19-01-21-300x300-cropped.png?
FISHDUCK.COM

Duck fans, I'm sick of getting beat by the Stanford Endzone Fade play. Has there been a game in the last decade (besides the Ducks' 21-6 win in...
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Loving all these articles.  I agree, this should be in the play book to become a perfected end zone play.  Always loved the End Zone Fade.  As you mentioned, I can't imagine KD not adopting this into the Oregon playbook with the size we have on this team to make it successful.  

Here's a youtube showing End Zone Fade plays to go along with this great article.  Thanks again, for pointing out this important scoring play.

Edited by NJDuck
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

I'm down with your proposition and rationale, DNC. I would love to see the end zone fade called often.

Similarly, It would be useful to run some of the red zone patterns that Tom Brady and Gronk used successfully. Gronk used his wide body, speed, and great hands, along with body positioning to overwhelm the best DB's in football.

With the end zone fade, and TE slants, crossing patterns, and jump balls, all the Ducks need is a QB with accuracy, good timing, and touch to be consistently formidable. The Ducks are loaded with talented Tight Ends.

Go Ducks. Game day is coming.

That and the qb sneak are plays I too have been scratching my thinning haired head on for a while. Maybe that is why my hair seems to have thinned a bit more the past couple years?

You have the big running qb and you don't run the qb sneak, WHAT! You have the tall receivers and you don't run the end zone fade, WHAT!

I suppose throwing the deep ball is another play we need to see, but there is also the trick play on occasion too. What other play needs to be added to the play book, which was more like a comic book the past couple years.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've heard from many OBD members about how the fade pattern should be back with a very tall receiver room, and I'm delighted with the article by DZC.  It is back!

Mr. FishDuck

As excited as I am to be able to run this play on offense, I am even more excited by our DBs finally having the size to defend against it. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Having the safeties like Breeze, where he disrupted a receivers route or timing is so important.  Seems like we have gotten away from that.  Having offense that were quick to line up and stress the D hopefully returns.  Love to see where we make the defenses head spin and make the opposing QB's fearful again.

Oregon Ducks "FSUing" their opponents once again.  Just another Ez Dreaming Moment.  Sigh. . .

Can run it out of five spots each with a receiver 6’4” and up. 

Receiver group build different this year 

On 8/14/2022 at 7:41 AM, Dr Hilarius said:

I am even more excited by our DBs finally having the size to defend against it. 

Completely agree. It was so depressing seeing Stanford send out its giraffe and have the Oregon DB looking up at his neck.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

I like it on one condition: we ram it down Stanford’s throat until they never want to see the play again.

• Haha 3
  • Great post! 1

Juwan Johnson caught an end zone fade from Justin Herbert in the spring game. The fans went wild.

• Applause 1