Haywarduck

Anthony Brown Drops a Dime, What!

Check this toss out, and we wonder if he would have been allowed to try this pass in our offense.

vykjpd2mvuxixs4qggl9
WWW.BALTIMORERAVENS.COM

Undrafted rookie wide receiver Makai Polk pulls in a tough catch on a perfect throw from undrafted rookie quarterback Anthony Brown.

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

When allowed to...he could throw long!

Troy Franklin.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

And it never ends.............

Not new info, but I have been told the coaches definitely had Brown #1 for a reason.  Just the prevent offense limited what we do and/or focus as priority downfield.

We saw open frustration from receivers even in game, but in the end most quotes seemed to point at scheme rather than AB

So much of me wonders if Cristobal would have even made it as a head coach at Oregon; were HE the one hired to replace Helfrich after he was canned. Cristobal would have to pick a team up from the worst season in 25 years (Taggart at least did well with what he had to work with). He would have gotten an extra season with Herbert and I do not mean this in a good way. This would have been an extra season under the tutelage of a man hell-bent on making the QB a non-factor in games. 

I feel like after 3-4 seasons, the crowds with pitchforks would be massing at Rob Mullens doorstep demanding a change.

AB had his faults, as evidenced by his prior stint at Boston College. But with an offense full of playmakers, all he had to do was get the ball to them and take care of the ball. He took care of the ball just fine but never got the opportunity to get the ball to his play makers in mismatch situations. That offense was more vanilla than a Portland State spring game and it was all MC's fault. He hired one inept OC and his next one quit.

He would have gotten himself and Rob Mullens fired if he was hired as HC instead of Taggart.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heck they beat OSU

so they had talent 

The 2021 team had talent, but nobody on offense was all pac-12, 1st or 2nd team, other than lineman. We had honorable mention all pac-12, but as the winner of the north division nobody who put up points got honors. Further proof we had no offensive direction. 

Our qb is now on an NFL squad, pathetic.

Fortunately it did end, 😉 and we got talent that is going to be released!

Also I am extremely happy for Anthony who was a quiet warrior who put himself at great risk for the program.

• Thumbs Up 1

IF you watched the replay that was one heck of a throw by Brown.   Man I feel for the guy.   He has talent, must be thinking "why did I go play at Oregon for Cristobal".   Mario sold him on "come play for me I'll make you an NFL quarterback". 

What a waste of talent.  Makes me wonder about Tyler Shough, and Robby Ashford.  Were they in over their heads or were they just wasted talents.  It will be interesting to watch their performances this year to see how they do.  

Has Mario learned anything from his time at Oregon?  Will he take the reigns off the offense and let his offensive coordinator do his job? 

If the offense sputters will Mario take back control and lock down the offense?

So many questions, two more weeks until we start to get some answers.  🙂 

One thing I always noticed was that he could definitely throw a touch pass

Saw AB and the Ravens play the Cardinals on TV tonight. I only saw the second half and he was playing the whole time. He's getting more comfortable and more playing time. His numbers were 10/13, 91yds, 2 TD, 1 Int, no sacks. Ravens won 24-17.

His first TD was a 3-yd pass. Here is video of his second TD...

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/20/2022 at 2:28 PM, ManhattanDuck said:

I always like the very catchable throw to the RB on the swing pass.

That was a great throw. Glad Mari-no-o didn’t destroy AB’s chance at the NFL. 

On 8/20/2022 at 1:28 PM, ManhattanDuck said:

I am happy AB may land a spot with the Ravens as he seems to be a great kid with tons of heart. But all too often, be it a result of MC's anemic passing game strategy or Brown's case of the yips, the "touch" was the hash mark 3 yards in front of his target, the DB's fingertips or the sideline Gatorade cooler. The Raven's QB coach has gotta fix those jai alai windmill throwing mechanics for AB to stick in the league. 

QB Anthony Brown is breaking out in the preseason, leaving Oregon fans to question Mario Cristobal. This article is fresh off the FishDuck Feed this morning. His play in the Ravens' preseason is not what we saw last year with the Ducks...

It turns out he’s capable of a lot more than what we saw with the Ducks a year ago.

Mario Cristobal, you have a few hundred calls on Line 1.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

This sure isn’t the Anthony Brown we saw in Eugene last season. Duck fans react to the former Oregon QB’s preseason breakout in...

Note AB's preseason numbers so far below.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good game numbers...and in the NFL? Yikes.  Miami fans....are you believing you have a QB-Killer on your hands yet?

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Anthony Brown threads a 23-yard dime to Ravens  wide receiver Makai Polk between two defenders

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/18/2022 at 4:21 PM, shawnski said:

Heck they beat OSU

so they had talent 

I feel if you look at the Cristobal era you will find 1-2 well coached and well schemed games. 

1-2 absolute head scratchers of bad coaching that result in losses that should have been wins. 

And the rest where Oregon wins but generally plays down to the level of their competition. 

Beating Ohio State was perhaps the best coaching jobs of the Cristobal era. But in reality Oregon probably should have won by at least 14. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/22/2022 at 10:33 AM, David Marsh said:

I feel if you look at the Cristobal era you will find 1-2 well coached and well schemed games. 

1-2 absolute head scratchers of bad coaching that result in losses that should have been wins. 

And the rest where Oregon wins but generally plays down to the level of their competition. 

It gets really bad if you break it into quarters or halves.

2019 game against Auburn as an example. Jump out big then pull a turtle act in the 2nd half. Loss

Just head scratching 

If Lanning just brings consistent whatever, I'll be happy 

• Thumbs Up 1