Charles Fischer

Why Running on Georgia Will Be Difficult...

Good gosh, some superb strength and skills there!  (From the FishDuck Feed)

• Yikes! 1

Mr. FishDuck

If Cristobal was the head coach still I'd feel even more concerned. He'd want to run right into the teeth of those linemen to prove how tough we are. 

I'm sure Lanning and Dillingham are working on some ways to disrupt what those Georgia linemen want to do. It won't be easy but I think we have some great runningbacks who can bring a variety of running styles. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I think the key will be constant change on the O to keep them guessing.

Auburn in 2019 had similar players and we did well in the first half.

Until Mari did a turtle 🐢 in the second half with constant pistol plunges 

Movement, roll-outs, play-action, and TEMPO

WE'LL see

What gives me comfort is how the middle three of our offensive line are highly acclaimed and seniors.  But that guy is good...

Mr. FishDuck

With all due respect, the guy had the #1 draft pick on one side and the #13 pick on the other who took on two guys. Those guys are gone, and we have their coach!

We also lose our best defensive player, but he didn't play all the time and another of our extremely talented player saw extremely limited time. 

I just think there are many question marks for both teams defenses, and that is what makes it even more exciting.

I like our defense, but can give great respect to Jalen Carter! We do have a couple guys at 6' 3" and over 300lbs on our D-line too getting 1% better each day!

Taking nothing away from Carter’s obvious strength and skill, IMO, the OL facing him in the video utterly lacked in good foot work and a strategy in how to use that to his advantage. All he needed was an additional 1/2 second to change that play, but instead played right into Carter’s arm move. 

To be fair, that was Vanderbilt.  But the other side of the coin is that I saw him -Carter 88- do that same thing against Michigans OL too. We have a couple of other dudes that will be on the DL that are good, but lack some experience. The played in the rotation in relief, but just couldn't unseat the starters Davis and Walker. We don't have the "A 6'7" 350 dude" but we will be more traditional SEC defense with a bit smaller (if you can call 6'5" 300 small- y'all have the same type DL I think) 

I hope they will be enough to tie up your IOL so the edge guys can roam a little more free;  I think our strength in the front seven will be the edge guys. Some fast dudes.  They're pretty good; Nolan Smith and Robert Beal.  Inside backers a youthful, lots of potential but young.

And just like that, this pops up on my feed.....Kirby knows the same thing.  And so does Lanning 

This is a good fast read.

WWW.DAWGNATION.COM

ATHENS — Kirby Smart turned his focus to Georgia’s opening game, and the matchup between the Oregon offensive line and...

• Thumbs Up 2

MCDawg: Dissing your own team is great bulletin board material for your own team!

On 8/26/2022 at 1:15 PM, McDawg said:

To be fair, that was Vanderbilt.  But the other side of the coin is that I saw him -Carter 88- do that same thing against Michigans OL too. We have a couple of other dudes that will be on the DL that are good, but lack some experience. The played in the rotation in relief, but just couldn't unseat the starters Davis and Walker. We don't have the "A 6'7" 350 dude" but we will be more traditional SEC defense with a bit smaller (if you can call 6'5" 300 small- y'all have the same type DL I think) 

I hope they will be enough to tie up your IOL so the edge guys can roam a little more free;  I think our strength in the front seven will be the edge guys. Some fast dudes.  They're pretty good; Nolan Smith and Robert Beal.  Inside backers a youthful, lots of potential but young.

Yea, Vanderbilt. Didn't Dawgs win that 60 something to nothing? Not a great example but dude is a beast nonetheless.