McDawg

FishDuck Forum: THIS is What a Good Fan Page Should Be

I found a couple of other Ducks pages to visit, but those boys are all either too lazy to post, too ignorant to post, or just don't know anything about football.  I am not sure how long I will hang around after the game, but I want to commend y'all on how pleasant this forum has been. I have yet to experience any unreasonable smack talk or expectations. I hope the other Georgia fans feel the same as I do and will chime in on this. 

I have only joined one or two other opponents pages in the past and I will say that Oregon has been the most welcoming.  I was on Hawaii's page in 07' when we played them, and they were nice as St Pete, but those poor folks didn't have a clue about football; Ducks fans know football and that is nice. Truly I say, I hope the Ducks go 11-1 this year. Y'all deserve it.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

We feel the same about "y'all," (and that is the first time I've ever written that!) and would ask you to send any other Oregon fans you run into to this forum.  We have something very special here, but not enough Oregon fans know about it, and I do not have the budget for marketing and advertising.

And Georgia fans...let's enjoy this next week together going into the game!

Fans in 2018_Kevin Cline.jpg

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/26/2022 at 1:38 PM, McDawg said:

, I hope the Ducks go 11-1 this year. Y'all deserve it.

I'd prefer 12-0, but if we have to drop a game it might as well be to the reigning national champions that so graciously supplied us with a new head coach. 

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Unlike those false dawgs up north (properly referred to as fuskies), most old school Duck fans remember our lean and almost there years all too well. 

Our bandwagon fans can be as annoying as any other schools but clawing your way up from the bottom creates a humbling appreciation for success.

I’d say this is why we generally have appreciation for Utah’s climb to the top  as well as UGA’s conquest of Bama. Glad our two schools have created a coast to coast connection via Coach Lanning.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

This has been a rough off season with portal and conference realignment. The bright spot has been Dawg fan and Duck fan talking football.

It has rekindled my Dawg fandom from when I was a kid. Being the start of game week, I will have to put that on hold for a sec. On the 4th I will be rooting for Ducks and Dawgs the remainder of the season. 

Well done Georgia fan👏

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Uga is definitely the second best mascot, and No.1 with four legs. 

image.jpeg.bb6e23932d391546398c847de89ec33d.jpeg

image.jpeg.e1da4beeeca66b6904a7a4cd9c3ad618.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

On 8/26/2022 at 4:54 PM, 30Duck said:

Uga is definitely the second best mascot, and No.1 with four legs. 

image.jpeg.bb6e23932d391546398c847de89ec33d.jpeg

image.jpeg.e1da4beeeca66b6904a7a4cd9c3ad618.jpeg

I like Harry Dog. One of my favorite. Top two mascots in college-football, Puddles and Harry Dog.

Damn ... heard the term fair weather fan above and think about sitting thru 1983 zero/zero Ducks versus Beavers. Tried talking friends into going but no takers. Weather sucked and I sat thru the entire game. Times much better now!

• Thumbs Up 3

On 8/26/2022 at 6:19 PM, LADuck said:

Weather sucked and I sat thru the entire game.

Yes, the days are gone when winning a contest got you 2 tickets to a game and second place was 4 tickets!

On 8/26/2022 at 1:38 PM, McDawg said:

Truly I say, I hope the Ducks go 11-1 this year. Y'all deserve it.

Does it count against us if I say I hope the Dawgs go 0-1 next week? 

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2022 at 5:38 PM, Log Haulin said:

I like Harry Dog. One of my favorite. Top two mascots in college-football, Puddles and Harry Dog.

That’s UGA. He’s the live mascot that’s been around since 1956. All a part of the same line. Owned and handled by the Seiler family in Savannah Ga. UGA is treated like royalty. Big lines to see him before a game. 
Usually very well behaved. Only once have I ever seen an UGA get testy. 

That was in 1996 and one of the more famous and charactered UGA’s, UGA v tried to bite Auburn WR Robert Baker after he scored a TD; he came too close too fast  to owner Sonny Seiler and UGA wasn’t impressed. That was the first overtime game in CFB. “The Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry” too. Dawgs won in four OT. 

“Hairy Dawg” is the costumed mascot that was introduced in the 1980 season. 
Fun and nice to have. But he ain’t UGA. 

B6124F0B-3E76-4C1C-B881-F509DC1D0D14.jpeg

• Haha 2