McDawg

Good Read on Dawg Site of Georgia/Oregon

These boys are a bit different, but are usually pretty objective, even for a bunch of homers. I think it gives a fair assessment of how the Ducks offense matches UGA’s defensive front. That’s is what I think is the key to the game.
Even if they all drink drown liquor before noon, they’re harmless. 
Bourbon is the house wine of the SEC

BLUTARSKY.WORDPRESS.COM

Via Seth Emerson ($$), here's a little something to get us started on the opener: Maybe “wide” is too strong...

and yea, James Brown was a huge UGA fan

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice read. I enjoyed reading all the comments. You are right. Most folks commenting seem pretty objective also.

I don't think Oregon had to "chase" Bo Nix at QB... the last statement in the article 'A Little Oregon Talk' above.

Nix sought out his old coach and Oregon welcomed him because they're developing two huge talents at QB.  I guess the idea is to stay near the top of the collegiate ranks without having to go thru any down years while they develop them.

We'll see who gets the most starts this season: Nix, Thompson or Butterfield.  It's not a case of needing Nix to be able to compete.

Very reasonable opinions expressed on that site. Thanks for posting the link.

It is a common factor with the very "elite" OC college football, having quality ready to play depth - without a huge drop off.

That allows the to absorb a reasonable amount of injuries during the year without changing their overall level of play dramatically.

Taimani, Rodgers, Riley, Swinson, LaDuke, Bassa, Brown, Hill, Stevens, Jaramillo, Powers-Johnson, Conerly, Matavao, Dollars, Irving, Whittington, Cota, Chapman.

Other than CB, this season opens on paper with some pretty good Duck depth, It won't be surprising to see many, if not most of those guys play in the Georgia game, not because the Ducks are forced to play them, but because the guys are good enough - that using them at times increases the team's overall performance.

Obviously Georgia has recruited like gangbusters and that should mean awesome depth; but, the typical #3 something ranked team playing #12 ranked something team - and #3 is going to wear them out because #3 has a huge advantage with the twos (and threes) seems... well, at least following the usual narrative, without actually bothering to do much further analysis.

Maybe off base but I find myself unconvinced the 2022 Ducks are at a "normal" huge depth disadvantage: some prolonged recruiting success, some key portal additions, and some growing players last season due to having a injury heavy season (being three possible factors contributing to the argument).

"This season’s OL might be the best in UGA history. I expect them to dominate the LOS. Front 7 on D will do the same if Zion does his job well. He can’t fill JD99’s shoes but he has to make opposing OLs pay for doubling JC88." 

I took this off the reply board in the above mentioned article. I researched this.  He isn't kidding folks.  And their D line we keep calling young really isn't.  They rotated so much last year that this seasons replacements have experience. (they played in NC game)  Not being negative, but we better show up to play,  because we will be playing a team that is a legit top 4 right now.  Not later on in the season, but right now.

A lot of the commenters on that board seem to feel the same way about Bo that I do.  He is experienced and has played in the SEC.  That don’t impress me much.

I think Ty and Butters both have a higher ceiling, they just need playing time.

On 8/27/2022 at 2:56 PM, Pac10again said:

"This season’s OL might be the best in UGA history. I expect them to dominate the LOS. Front 7 on D will do the same if Zion does his job well. He can’t fill JD99’s shoes but he has to make opposing OLs pay for doubling JC88." 

I took this off the reply board in the above mentioned article. I researched this.  He isn't kidding folks.  And their D line we keep calling young really isn't.  They rotated so much last year that this seasons replacements have experience. (they played in NC game)  Not being negative, but we better show up to play,  because we will be playing a team that is a legit top 4 right now.  Not later on in the season, but right now.

You are absolutely right.  The Startes on the GA D-line do have experience.  GA rotates the DL probably more than any other position group.  It keeps the big guys fresh in case of a close game.  Also, last year the starters played limited in the second half of many games.  Although, GA will be rotating guys this year that have little or no experience on the DL.  

The Oregon O-line is very good and experienced.  It’s possible that they might take advantage when GA’s young inexperienced guys come in.  

So many things to look for in this game.  So many players I haven’t seen play much, or at least play much when it matters.  I’m excited as heck for this game!  May the best team win, unless Oregon has the best team………….. just kidding.  My hope is that the best team does win and neither team suffers any major injuries.  

Go Dawgs…….and……..Go Ducks

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/27/2022 at 5:31 PM, SoGaDawg said:

You are absolutely right.  The Startes on the GA D-line do have experience.  GA rotates the DL probably more than any other position group.  It keeps the big guys fresh in case of a close game.  Also, last year the starters played limited in the second half of many games.  Although, GA will be rotating guys this year that have little or no experience on the DL.  

The Oregon O-line is very good and experienced.  It’s possible that they might take advantage when GA’s young inexperienced guys come in.  

So many things to look for in this game.  So many players I haven’t seen play much, or at least play much when it matters.  I’m excited as heck for this game!  May the best team win, unless Oregon has the best team………….. just kidding.  My hope is that the best team does win and neither team suffers any major injuries.  

Go Dawgs…….and……..Go Ducks

I hope it's competitive between the :00s on the clock. If it takes a field goal to win it last minute. No matter who wins I'm dancin. Be a huge statement by this Duck prog'rm. 

• Salute 1
  • Like 1

This is pretty cliché but…this game will be won at the LOS. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/28/2022 at 12:22 PM, McDawg said:

This is pretty cliché but…this game will be won at the LOS. 

So many games are won or lost on the LOS. I completely agree, this game will be no different in that respect.