DazeNconfused

Miami Fans Meltdown Mid-Game Week Two

It's 10-7 Miami over So. Miss at the half and Mario ball is not going over well -- Run, run, pass in front of the chains and punt. Fans are posting on cainsinsght aren't happy with the play calling, or the QB play of TVD the ACC offensive rookie of the year.

It didn't take long for Mario to regress TVD it appears

"Throw the ball Gattis."

"Where has you gone Rhett Lashlee" - last years OC 

"Making some plans. I will not be watching the 2nd half. Y’all enjoy. Go canes"

"Pull tvd"

"Even Van Dyke’s balls look like ****"

"Awful throw TVD. TD if it’s up the sideline."

"Southern Miss had zero fear of this offense. They're coming for us. Blood in the water"

"Took us until 20 seconds before halftime to score a TD against Southern Miss. wth"

"Everybody needs to wake, up coaches included"

"It's not good, but TVD playing like me out there and the Oline absolutely getting their a$$ kicked"

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Haha 1

Some more....

"How did Gattis win the Broyles award?"

"We are so slow we have to call timeouts, it takes us 30 sec minimum to snap the ball"

"28 point favorites can't even score a td"

"We gonna lose to FSU"

"WTH are moving with no urgency? This looks no different than a Manny Daiz led team"

"I really laugh at the people that say pack the stadium. who the **** wants to spend their hard earned money to watch this trash?"

"Mediocrity. We're watching mediocrity."

"Gattis is not saving **** for A&M. This is his offense."

Edited by DazeNconfused

24-7 Miami now.  The wheels just fell off of So. Miss's wagon.  Miami will more than cover today.  They're beating SM up.

On 9/10/2022 at 11:07 AM, Mic said:

24-7 Miami now.  The wheels just fell off of So. Miss's wagon.  Miami will more than cover today.  They're beating SM up.

The point is it's game two with TVD the rookie of the year and fans are freaking out about the slow pace, run up the middle and punt offense. 

Maimi finally had an explosive offense the last half of the year and Mario took it from them and gave them Mario ball.

They go on the road to Texas A&M next week and will get drilled.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mario still has a chance next week in College Station. Jimbo can mis-manage a game as well as anybody.  

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

One thing Mario doesn’t have to worry about is his defense’s ability to communicate. It’s so quiet in their stadium that the players can talk to each other in a conversational tone.

• Haha 2

So... Business as usual for Cristobal then. 

Charles has said Mario has 80 million reasons not to change his style. You'd think Cane fans would have saw this coming. These two posts tell it all.

"Mario wants to grind out games. It’s clear effecting the passing game."

"Should’ve stayed at Oregon then." -  that's from one of the site admins in week two! hahahahhahahahahaha

• Haha 1

There was a Miami fan that I eventually banned because he refused to consider what we stated about Mari's style and game management.  To him...we were missing out because of his recruiting, and we would regret the loss of Mari no matter what we said.  He kept steering the conversation back to recruiting and would dismiss everything else.

I told him to quit hijackings threads, and he then proceeded to lecture me by email, as if we did not know Cristobal.  (Things did not go on much longer with that 'Cane fan)

Edited by Steven A
gave Mari an O
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/10/2022 at 12:24 PM, Charles Fischer said:

There was a Miami fan...

I told him to quit hijackings threads, and he then proceeded to lecture me by email, as if we did not know Cristobal.  (Things did not go on much longer with that 'Cane fan)

As one who has been taken to the woodshed a time or two by Charles, I can only imagine how that went down!.... 😇

On 9/10/2022 at 12:24 PM, Charles Fischer said:

There was a Miami fan that I eventually banned because he refused to consider what we stated about Mario's style and game management.  To him...we were missing out because of his recruiting, and we would regret the loss of Mario no matter what we said.  He kept steering the conversation back to recruiting and would dismiss everything else.

Cristobal is VERY VERY GOOD in the offseason.

FISHDUCK.COM

Mario Cristobal will be Oregon's head coach in 2022. The only way this doesn't happen is if he opts to leave for another program...

He hires incredible offensive and defensive coordinators and he is a monster recruiter... but we have yet to see a team come together that is truly great. I get what that Miami fan was feeling.... Cristobal makes you feel anything is possible with every off-season but in-season is a completely different story.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/10/2022 at 12:30 PM, David Marsh said:

He hires incredible offensive and defensive coordinators and he is a monster recruiter... but we have yet to see a team come together that is truly great. I get what that Miami fan was feeling.... Cristobal makes you feel anything is possible with every off-season but in-season is a completely different story.

Perfectly stated.

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/10/2022 at 11:01 AM, DazeNconfused said:

It's 10-7 Miami over So. Miss at the half and Mario ball is not going over well -- Run, run, pass in front of the chains and punt. Fans are posting on cainsinsght aren't happy with the play calling, or the QB play of TVD the ACC offensive rookie of the year.

It didn't take long for Mario to regress TVD it appears

"Throw the ball Gattis."

"Where has you gone Rhett Lashlee" - last years OC 

"Making some plans. I will not be watching the 2nd half. Y’all enjoy. Go canes"

"Pull tvd"

"Even Van Dyke’s balls look like ****"

"Awful throw TVD. TD if it’s up the sideline."

"Southern Miss had zero fear of this offense. They're coming for us. Blood in the water"

"Took us until 20 seconds before halftime to score a TD against Southern Miss. wth"

"Everybody needs to wake, up coaches included"

"It's not good, but TVD playing like me out there and the Oline absolutely getting their a$$ kicked"

On 9/10/2022 at 11:05 AM, DazeNconfused said:

Some more....

"How did Gattis win the Broyles award?"

"We are so slow we have to call timeouts, it takes us 30 sec minimum to snap the ball"

"28 point favorites can't even score a td"

"We gonna lose to FSU"

"WTH are moving with no urgency? This looks no different than a Manny Daiz led team"

"I really laugh at the people that say pack the stadium. who the **** wants to spend their hard earned money to watch this trash?"

"Mediocrity. We're watching mediocrity."

"Gattis is not saving **** for A&M. This is his offense."

Sounds like Deja Vu all over again.... Hahaha!!

On 9/10/2022 at 11:37 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Mario still has a chance next week in College Station. Jimbo can mis-manage a game as well as anybody.  

Aside from Oregon games.  The Texas A&M vs Alabama game at College Station, will go down as one of my best football memories.  I truly enjoy watching Bama lose. 

I feel bad for TVD. That guy is likely going to lose millions and millions of dollars in draft money. 

On 9/11/2022 at 7:29 AM, GeotechDuck said:

I feel bad for TVD. That guy is likely going to lose millions and millions of dollars in draft money. 

Maybe not.. Herbs is proof that Mario holds his QBs back and AB looked way better this preseason than he did a Duck.

Based on TVD's numbers last year under OC Rhett Lashlee teams might see TVD as a steal if they can get him. He was projected as a top 20 pick by some. 

This was the grade given to Miami for the game yesterday by CBS Sports, odds were 100-1 for win

The boo birds were out when Miami entered the locker room at halftime up 10-7 on Southern Miss.

Running back Henry Parrish Jr. looked good on the ground and quarterback Tyler Van Dyke spread the ball

around nicely as the Hurricanes pulled away to a 30-7 win. It wasn't a complete game by any means, though.

Grade: C-

Miami is now ranked in top 10.   USC is number 6, but must be because of their offense alone? 

On 9/11/2022 at 8:37 AM, Pac10again said:

Miami is now ranked in top 10.   USC is number 6, but must be because of their offense alone? 

Thats so ATM will jump when they beat Miami. USC is typically over ranked.

Edited by 1Ducker1

On 9/11/2022 at 8:40 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

Thats so ATM will jump when they beat Miami. USC is typically over ranked.

Oh good point.  I didn't consider the A&M angle.    

On 9/11/2022 at 8:55 AM, Pac10again said:

Oh good point.  I didn't consider the A&M angle.    

The good ole SEC takes care of its self LOL.

• Thumbs Up 1

Keep in mind that five teams ranked higher than Miami lost, most of them to unranked teams. The move up in standings isn't so much about Miami and USC as the teams in front of them losing.

On 9/11/2022 at 11:10 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

This was the grade given to Miami for the game yesterday by CBS Sports, odds were 100-1 for win

The boo birds were out when Miami entered the locker room at halftime up 10-7 on Southern Miss.

Running back Henry Parrish Jr. looked good on the ground and quarterback Tyler Van Dyke spread the ball

around nicely as the Hurricanes pulled away to a 30-7 win. It wasn't a complete game by any means, though.

Grade: C-

That’s another thing Mario loves about coaching Miami. When the fans boo him it’s not as noticeable when there are only a couple thousand people in the seats.

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1