Tandaian

Ducks Have a New Player Going in the First Round of the NFL Draft

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

After 5 games, one of Oregon’s breakout defenders is being projected as a top-10 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.

Any list that has the Tanner McKee I saw last weekend as the ninth overall NFL draft pick is suspect IMO.

• Haha 1

I got to say, he looks pretty lock-down.  When I read the title, I immediately assumed it was Gonzalez. 

Corners and edge rushers are high value in todays pass happy NFL. It's tough for LB's to crack top 10.

Noah is a huge talent playing exceptional team defense this year. If his pass D continues to get better he could go first round. I think he probably goes late 1st early 2nd.

On 10/6/2022 at 2:10 PM, Log Haulin said:

If his pass D continues to get better he could go first round.

One of Stanford's touchdowns was a wheel route by the running back that Sewell was late/slow on...

• Oh no! 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/6/2022 at 2:19 PM, Charles Fischer said:

One of Stanford's touchdowns was a wheel route by the running back that Sewell was late/slow on...

Yea, this has been a bugaboo for Sewell. He has played better in the pass D this year but it is vital in NFL for LBs to play the pass well. 

I think this is what pulls Noah into 2nd round. Sewell might understand this and want to stick around. Right now his head coach is one of the better LB coaches in CFB 

On 10/6/2022 at 9:01 AM, Tandaian said:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

After 5 games, one of Oregon’s breakout defenders is being projected as a top-10 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.

Why is this not good news to me?  Because Noah Sewell still has 2 years of eligibility left, that's why.  Yes, I'm selfish.  I'd like to see him stay at least one more year and try for a 1st round pick.  For selfish reasons, of course. Oregon could use him!

Christian has it all, and all the measurables. Once he goes to the combine he should stay a high draft pick.

He screams next level every time I watch him. I would pay to watch Troy Franklin and Gonzalez go head to head in practice. Thankfully we have Franklin  for 3 years. Best receiver I have seen since being wowed by Bobby Moore back in the day.

This article looks at the draft slightly different. However, two Ducks are currently projected in first round.

247SPORTS.COM

Through five games this season, two Oregon Ducks are making noise as potential first-round draft picks.  Josh Edwards of CBS Sports released his own mock draft on

Christian will make a living in the NFL. You'll see Sewell back next year.