Charles Fischer

Hold Your Hurl: Unbeaten USC, UCLA Driving College Football Resurgence in LA

The article below just makes me ill, at how they are both playing good football for the first time in over 15 years--on the eve of leaving the conference?  It is not right, and feels like either we have been delivered a dose of bad karma, or perhaps....Oregon is destined to spoil it for both?

WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

It's a vibe playing out across Southern California among families, friends and just about anybody who loves sports. Excitement is high on both sides of this crosstown rivalry for the resurgence of...

Mr. FishDuck

I wish them both nothing but the worst. Sorry, but I'm that petty and mean-spirited.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

On 10/14/2022 at 8:27 AM, jrw said:

I wish them both nothing but the worst. Sorry, but I'm that petty and mean-spirited.

Me too.  

"I never said I was noble."

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

I feel it is not where they are right now that matters but where they finish the season. 

Under Cristobal and Taggart Oregon had seasons where they were ranked mid season but by season's end we were unranked. That was not a truly successful season. 

If you want to say a team had a successful season that team needs to finish the year RANKED. 

So let's see how these LA teams finish the year. They'll probably be ranked but something could happen that dismantles their seasons. 

And I would love to see Oregon be the reason their seasons come crashing down.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 3

Name two ranked programs with as pathetic attendance as these two LA schools. I am sure they will sellout out for their Rutgers games in the future, good riddance!

80.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

I saw that article yesterday but dismissed it as probably a one sided drivel piece.  I see now it was a fair assumption.

I look forward to seeing a loss by one of the traitors this week and a loss handed to both of them next  week, and to see the smugness wiped from their fan bases.

I too, can be petty and mean spirited.  SoCal has long earned a certain reputation among Oregonians, and in a lot of ways, this is more of the same.

Sorry!  I...can't...hold...back...vomit GIF

• Haha 1

I think Belushi said it best when thinking about the socal fanbase. Socal fanbase on the left, Oregon fanbase on the right.

The CFB media getting excited about a USC UCLA conference title game just means Oregon will be there to crash the party and win the conference. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Since when has it ever worked for anyone running away from who you are? Pretend has always been the cryptocurrency of SouCal, and this is just another example of their sandcastle-building awaiting to be washed away by reality. It’s never wise to put all your eggs in someone else’s basket.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2022 at 9:42 AM, Haywarduck said:

I think Belushi said it best when thinking about the socal fanbase. Socal fanbase on the left, Oregon fanbase on the right.

Zits of the world, UNITE!

UCLA just broke the 5 digit barrier in attendance for their last game. If that’s not a resurgence then I don’t know what is.