Ktmguy2018

Recruits Get An Amazing Experience

ESPN GameDay, Top-10 matchup, Top notch facilities, Autzen crowd.  Could a recruit ask for anything else? 

The atmosphere in Autzen yesterday was UNREAL!!  It was the loudest I have ever experienced and it never let up!  I know everyone in my section took credit when UCLA had a false start.

The electricity and buzz in the crowd could have powered the lights!  I can't imagine being a recruit on that field, unable to hear your own thoughts, and feeling in your core the support and love of the crowd.

What a day to have some visits.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yep!  

(but imagine the same if they were in the Horseshoe with 105,000.  It'd look like the entire state of Ohio had turned out for the game.)

Edited by Mic

On 10/23/2022 at 10:15 AM, Mic said:

Yep!  

(but imagine the same if they were in the Horseshoe with 105,000.  It'd look like the entire state of Ohio had turned out for the game.)

I am not going to think about other teams right now, but enjoy Our Beloved Ducks.  If the Big House was that cool....why is the (arguably) nations best HS QB coming from Michigan to Oregon?

QUACK: Oregon Football Lands Five-Star QB Dante Moore - On3

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Mic drop 2
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 5

Mr. FishDuck

Yep. Recruiting may have been the biggest win on the day!

MIC

And imagine being a recruit with 105,000 and watching your team lose to an away team with an inferior coach; as opposed to watching your team win with a coach who has some bravado aganst a coach who we know has some bravado.

Just thinking that Dan Lanning "Won the Day."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 10:54 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Yep. Recruiting may have been the biggest win on the day!

Subscription required. 

Can someone please summarize what the recruits had to say? 

Yep!  

It’s all about the atmosphere, not how many people are sitting in the stands. 

“I think Autzen Stadium. Per person, the Oregon stadium is the loudest stadium I’ve ever been in.” -           — Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/23/2022 at 11:29 AM, OregonDucks said:

It’s all about the atmosphere, not how many people are sitting in the stands. 

“I think Autzen Stadium. Per person, the Oregon stadium is the loudest stadium I’ve ever been in.” -           — Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay.

You're right, but I was saying (in effect) imagine the scene IF the crowd in the Horseshoe were as loud, as active, as pumped as the Oregon fans? Translation: I want to see Autzen get bigger!

• Thumbs Up 2

Yep!  

The Horseshoe doesn't have Shout.  I think any recruit, looking at the crowd and then the players on the sidelines has to think "that looks like fun'.  

Look at all the recruits who were here for the game from Mater Dei.

Look at the crowds since 2011, how many times did we really need a bigger stadium?

Nothing worse than playing in a stadium that's half full and not rocking. Right Bruins, Cardinals, Bears?

You might be able to add 7,500 seats and still keep Autzen, Autzen; even in the Taggart of times.

Besides, what else is there to do in Ohio this time of year? Beach, ocean, mountains?

Autzen is the loudest stadium per capita in the country last I checked. 

And it is darn close to the same noise level as some of those 100k stadiums... If not louder than several of them. 

And the other thing is that Oregon brings the eyeballs to the TV so that doesn't hurt either. 

Come to Oregon.. you'll get plenty of exposure. 

• Mic drop 1

Phil Knight ought to just buy the whole plane-load.  Players and all.  Or ... maybe it was his?  With this new 'NIL' thingy, give 'em all a gold rolex.

(just kidding)