Pennsylvania Duck

If Ducks Win Out, Who Do We Help?...USC?

Oregon’s resurgence may benefit one team more than any and it’s not Georgia

That’s great news for Oregon. It’s better news for Georgia, whose victory in Week 1 looks better by the day.

However, the team with the most to gain is actually USC. Read the scenarios below...

FANSIDED.COM

Oregon's climb back into the Top 10 is good news for Georgia, but another rival could benefit even more from the Duck's strength: USC football. A season-op...

USC will get rolled by Oregon, Alicia. But hey, keep the hope alive. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Part of me hopes that Oregon will face USC in the Pac-12 championship so we can give them the Beatdown they so soundly deserve. The other part of me hopes they don't make it there because because they're overrated. Either way, I hope we get a chance to beat them before they scurry off to that other conference.

On 10/25/2022 at 5:15 PM, CountryProf said:

Part of me hopes that Oregon will face USC in the Pac-12 championship so we can give them the Beatdown they so soundly deserve. The other part of me hopes they don't make it there because because they're overrated. Either way, I hope we get a chance to beat them before they scurry off to that other conference.

USC comes to Autzen next year, I think.

• Applause 1

On 10/25/2022 at 5:15 PM, CountryProf said:

Either way, I hope we get a chance to beat them before they scurry off to that other conference

We play them next year and I believe they get to come to Autzen. 

So many things have to happen in order for the Ducks to get a CFP invite. IMHO....

Ducks must win out. One game at a time. Roll each and every opponent. They must be an impressive 11-1 going into the P-12 Title Game.

usc needs to win out and beat at 10-1, ucla. They need to live up to their press clippings and cowherds natty annointing for them. The trojans carry more chache than the bruins. Writers and talking heads will bring a Duck vs usc game to the top of the national spotlight. Beating ucla for a 2nd time may not move the CFP committee's emotional meter.

2 other important things MUST HAPPEN. First, Georgia must beat Tennessee. No committee member will put Oregon ahead of a 11-1 Georgia. OBD's had their chance and got destroyed. Chasing a rematch will be more compelling than asking the committee members to have Oregon jump The Dawgs....

2nd, Georgia needs to hand Bama, Ole Miss or LSU their 2nd or 3rd loss of the season in the SEC title game.

That scenario will shorten the top 4 to Georgia, tOSU, Clemson and a 12-1 Oregon

An undefeated TCU could and would be problematic for our Ducks.

GO DUCKS! Destroy Cal.  ..

USuCk: a speed bump on the road to Duck supremacy!

If, and only if, they get past the Bruins.

I quit reading at "Now, USC won’t have to worry about complex tiebreakers when it comes to the Bruins. If they beat them when they meet later in the season, the Trojans will have the edge with one Pac-12 loss to two."

The complex tiebreaker is who won head to head.  The brilliance of a U$C education, although her bio doesn't say she graduated.

We help ourselves most of all.