Charles Fischer

Good Gosh…Cal Scores 35 on USC?

And going for an onside kick with 2 1/2 minutes left? I cannot even imagine that the game would ever be in doubt, and it is in the Colosseum?

Colorado beat Cal, and scored a boatload on Arizona State, who is now giving UCLA fits at the end of their game.

Maybe we ought to appreciate our road victories a little more than we are?

It is all there for the taking, and to achieve. Do it Ducks!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I think the biggest threat to the Ducks right now is The Beevs.  Don’t expect there will be allot of room for Duck fans in the Big Dip this year.  In other words, We Win Out and Face UCLA in the Championship.

UCLA is a much more complete team than SUC and Utah will be the first team to keep us under 40 points but still come up two tds short.

Minus a tragic injury we will be looking at a rematch with Georgia in the first game of the Playoffs.

Huck the Fuskies!

• Thumbs Up 2

The Ducks have a really hard path.  Lossington and the Utes are going to be tough games. 

The Beavs will be a really hard road game.  

And then, assuming they go 3-0 they face a 1 loss USC or UCLA.  

They go 4-0 they deserve to be seriously considered for the CFP

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah... USC has some defensive problems. 

I know Oregon kept Colorado to 10 points but I feel our defense has some major problems but at least we only really let Cal score on us in garbage time. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2022 at 8:33 AM, CalBear95 said:

The Ducks have a really hard path.  Lossington and the Utes are going to be tough games. 

Agree with all of this. The remaining games will not be easy.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2022 at 9:33 AM, CalBear95 said:

Spot on. These next 3, and hopefully 4 games, are a juggernaut. I could see pretty much any outcome a possibility. . 

On 11/6/2022 at 8:33 AM, CalBear95 said:

Going forward, yes, but two of the hardest are in Autzen.  The toughest (imo) will be the trip to Corvallis because the Beans are always tough even when they're having a difficult year.  Oregon will need to be healthy and at full-strength.  No sit-outs for targeting and such.  And everyone will get to see how good (or not) the Beaver defense really is.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/5/2022 at 11:01 PM, Charles Fischer said:

And going for an onside kick with 2 1/2 minutes left? I cannot even imagine that the game would ever be in doubt, and it is in the Colosseum?

Colorado beat Cal, and scored a boatload on Arizona State, who is now giving UCLA fits at the end of their game.

Maybe we ought to appreciate our road victories a little more than we are?

It is all there for the taking, and to achieve. Do it Ducks!

My gosh.  I just noticed Oregon has only played in 4 home games so far this season.  Everyone else has played 5 except for Washington and UCLA which has played in 6!   Yeah, Oregon has played well on the road!  Their only loss was the 1st one to the defending Nat. Champs.  Good point Chas.

On 11/6/2022 at 8:08 AM, RealtimeDuck said:

I think the biggest threat to the Ducks right now is The Beevs.

OSU is going to be tough, UW and Utah at home is a huge help.  Vegas isn't going to be a neutral site, that will be a tough "road" game.

It's all within reach but nothing is certain and Oregon needs to keep playing well.

The playoff is getting kinda murky.  Ohio St. Michigan could go either way but I think tOSU gets the edge with a better offense.  A one loss Michigan could get in if the game is very close.  TCU could drop a game to Texas or Baylor and I'm actually betting Texas pulls out the win at home.  Tennessee is iced out of the SEC championship but could still get into the playoffs.

I think if Oregon wins out and shows strong in the PAC championship Oregon definitely gets in.  We just don't want to be #4 and play Georgia right out of the gate.  Best case scenario, Georgia, Ohio St, Oregon and Tennessee.

On 11/6/2022 at 9:56 AM, Duck Fan 76 said:

I think if Oregon wins out and shows strong in the PAC championship Oregon definitely gets in.  We just don't want to be #4 and play Georgia right out of the gate.  Best case scenario, Georgia, Ohio St, Oregon and Tennessee.

After last night's outcomes Oregon does have an outside chance if they win out to the end.  

Clemson's loss as well as Alabama's really helped the Ducks.  Tennessee's loss - not so much, yet.  Hated to have to root for ND but it was 'necessary'.  Same for USC.  Oregon needs to face an 11-1 USC (or UCLA) in Las Vegas.  The preference for the Playoff committee would be a win over USC.

Sans the Beavs, Utah will be THE game for Oregon left on the schedule.  I don't think UW will be able to stop Oregon. Not as long as Bo's healthy.

I believe the toughest opponent Oregon faces in the Pac-12 is themselves.

They have shown they can lose focus.

Too many 4th downs against low ranking defenses for my taste.

The comeback on the Palouse tells me they can rise to the occasion.  They need to against UW, Utah and OSU, end to end.

Edited by nw777b
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2022 at 8:34 AM, David Marsh said:

Yeah... USC has some defensive problems. 

I know Oregon kept Colorado to 10 points but I feel our defense has some major problems but at least we only really let Cal score on us in garbage time. 

Yea those 2 interceptions by Gonzalez really helped ensure the score stayed low for Colorado, by stealing  2 extra possessions from them, otherwise I didn't like how Colorado was moving the ball against the Duck D. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2022 at 11:07 AM, DuckFan33 said:

Yea those 2 interceptions by Gonzalez really helped ensure the score stayed low for Colorado, by stealing  2 extra possessions from them, otherwise I didn't like how Colorado was moving the ball against the Duck D. 

Granted I do feel we felt the loss of Johnson as a pass rusher and Taki is still out. It makes sense to sit so many guys to get them some extra rest. 

• Thumbs Up 2