Steven A

Beat the Beavs and the Rose Bowl is Ours?

Seems pretty reasonable that an L to usc in the Pac 12 CShip would vault sc to the playoffs and the Rose would be ours.

Of course, we would all prefer sc take the L and knock them out of the playoffs.  They would still get a NY6 game and good $$$ for the conference.

GO DUCKS.

• Go Ducks! 1

Oregon is almost a lock win or lose. It would require UCLA to lose to Cal and a Oregon loss to Beavus, Fusky loss to Cougs. I think. 

Strange year.

USC going to the CFP and Oregon the Rose is the highest payout for the conference. 

Well, Oregon to the CFP and uscsuck to the Rose Bowl sounds and feels better. Brings the same payout.

Just a dream until we beat the Beavs.

Go Ducks.............

• Go Ducks! 1

I don't think so, unless SC beats Notre Dame first.  A two-loss USC team probably isn't going to the playoffs, even if they win the Pac-12.  So we go to the Rose Bowl if...

1. SC beats ND and Oregon beats OSU (SC goes to the CFP and Ducks are in the Rose Bowl)
  2. Oregon beats SC in the conference title game (we won't go to the CFP but will be in the Rose Bowl)

If SC loses to ND and then beats us in the conference title game, they would go to the Rose Bowl as a non-CFP conference champ.

• Thumbs Up 1

Notre Dame’s defense locked Ohio State’s vaunted offense down pretty well. I don’t think USC beating them is a forgone conclusion.

• Applause 1

Laying out the updated Pac-12 Championship Game matchup scenarios after Week 12

If Oregon can beat the Beavers, then they seal the deal and get a highly-anticipated matchup with the Trojans.

Should that not happen, then Duck fans become the biggest Washington State fans in the world, hoping that they beat the Huskies.

Best Advice: Just win, baby.

I think this article lays out the scenarios pretty clearly by individual schools...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

USC cliched a spot int he Pac-12 title game with a win over UCLA. Is Oregon in? Not quite yet. Here’s what needs to happen.

On 11/20/2022 at 1:52 PM, Kurt Rambis said:

unless SC beats Notre Dame first

Opps, my bad.  Dang, another game, sc v nd, where normally wishing both could lose.

On 11/20/2022 at 5:04 PM, Steven A said:

Opps, my bad.  Dang, another game, sc v nd, where normally wishing both could lose.

I'm still pulling for both of them to lose. Annually the two most overhyped teams in CFB. I can not stand either of those programs.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/20/2022 at 1:00 PM, Steven A said:

Seems pretty reasonable that an L to usc in the Pac 12 CShip would vault sc to the playoffs and the Rose would be ours.

Of course, we would all prefer sc take the L and knock them out of the playoffs.  They would still get a NY6 game and good $$$ for the conference.

GO DUCKS.

There are actually some (not many) fans saying that IF USC should make the Championship game it would benefit the Pac-12 for them to win it and go on to the Playoffs.  Banish the thought!  They're leaving the PAC.  Send them off with a loss and ruin their high hopes of a Playoff berth.  

But I'm warning my friends, whomever USC faces in the Championship game, (Oregon or some other team) expect the Referees to lean USC's way.  It's just the way things work in this crooked Playoff system we have where $$ drives everything.  GO OREGON!

Edited by Mic