Charles Fischer

There is a Story With Bram Walden...

...and I'd love to know what it is.  We are desperate for offensive linemen and searching the portal for OL, as well as the JCs...and we lose a former top-80 recruit?  Who better to learn from than Klemm?

Some guys are snake-bitten with injuries...is he one of those?

Coaches not sold on upside?

He isn't sold on his ability to break-through?

I do not get this at all...

Bram Walden (@bramwalden42) / Twitter

Mr. FishDuck

This was the only thing I saw regarding his entering the portal...

I trust Klemm, but do wonder about the back story on Walden and Thornton. Are the coaches ok with these transfers, it did seem like Lanning was able to turn Seven around last year. 

I know Georgia ran off some pretty talented kids and came out pretty well on the other side. The creation of the culture building Lanning wants has begun in earnest.

Obviously no idea if history is repeating itself but there were abuse allegations brought up when Klemm was hired.  Not sure what happened with the various lawsuits.

WWW.DAILYNEWS.COM

Bruin training staff failed to follow concussion protocols and denied exams for injured players, former players charge

I think Klemm is leaving anyway if USC job becomes available, so I’m not sure if it has anything to do with klemm. I’d guess not. 

On 12/4/2022 at 9:33 PM, McDuck said:

Obviously no idea if history is repeating itself but there were abuse allegations brought up when Klemm was hired.  Not sure what happened with the various lawsuits.

WWW.DAILYNEWS.COM

Bruin training staff failed to follow concussion protocols and denied exams for injured players, former players charge

There have been no issues with Klemm this year. Atleast as far as I have heard. Just great offensive line play and players having fun.

Kinda unfair to dig up old news and see if it will stick imo. 

• Thumbs Up 4

On 12/5/2022 at 3:18 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Bram Walden (@bramwalden42) / Twitter

Man, does that look like a kid having a happy birthday?  Looks more like someone piddled on his cake to put out the candles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, who knows with each player why he's transferring?  Some are pretty obvious, like Butterfield who couldn't get onto the field no matter what the situation was, or other players who aren't getting playing time and are watching other high-level recruits come in.

With guys like Walden, it could be the coaches have advised him to leave due to injuries, demonstrated ability, or culture fit.  It could be he chose to leave for one of those reasons, or because he misses home, doesn't like the rain, doesn't like his position coach, thinks he can get a better NIL deal elsewhere, got a girlfriend in another state, needs to be closer to home for family reasons, doesn't like the offensive or blocking schemes, thinks he's being unfairly held back by coaches - whatever.  I had plenty of classmates at Pepperdine who transferred out, and each one had a different reason.  I imagine it's much the same for athletes.

• Thumbs Up 3

Maybe he wants to play for MC...

• Haha 2

He was also offered by Dillingham today.

I'm wondering if the Ducks know they flipped Proctor thereby mitigating his moving on.