Charles Fischer

HUGE Final Recruiting Weekend: Big Fish, Big Swings, BIG Closer...

The Recruiting Dead period begins on the Sunday, so starting tomorrow--we have the final recruiting weekend with some tasty-tidbits to ponder from many sources.  One source at 247 felt that Oregon had the most excitement of all the schools because of who they could lose, and who the Ducks could pull in at the last minute.

The NLI (National Letter of Intent) day on this next Wednesday is going to be exciting as some players will announce then. While this can be frustrating to some--this is high drama and screamin' when the final tally is taken.

Watch for Visits:

Kadyn Proctor: the massive 5-Star offensive tackle has an in-home with Klemm and Lanning today, but then he travels to Alabama for a visit...maybe. Iowa sites feel that Proctor is locked down to the Hawkeyes, but if he is considering a trip to the 'Tide...that ain't so. Oregon has a real shot at flipping this guy.

Caleb Presley: This corner has dropped in the standings, but he is still a Rivals 4-Star and a stud corner we need.  He lives in Seattle, and Washington has made a great push for him recently.  If he visits the Huskies again this weekend....not-good for the Ducks.

Dante Moore: If Moore agrees to visit one more time and get to know new OC Will Stein even further--this is a good sign that Oregon can hold off that bas***d Chip Kelly.  (So you are going to start recruiting well now?) I believe that Oregon has been honest and told Moore that Nix is returning, and Moore is pondering going somewhere he can play immediately. Or is he jonesing for more NIL?

Phil Knight_Gary Breedlove.jpg

The Big-Time Closer:

Pretty incredible, but the visitors are going to get to meet Phil Knight, and perhaps his magic can tip the balance in our favor with some BIG FISH who are showing up.

Elite receiver Jurrion Dickey is locked into Oregon and will be here as well as Idaho stud, Kenyon Sadiq, a 6'3" 220, TE/WR who has moved up the rankings into the top 150!

But the visitors that Oregon is swinging at...whew!  (Rivals) High 4-Star DE Ashton Porter, 4-Star TE Jamari Johnson, 4-Star RB Jayden Limar, and 5-Star Safety in Peyton Bowen?

Holy Crap!

Don't forget that the No. 1 defensive lineman in the country David Hicks is committed to Texas A&M and returns to College Station this weekend, but has taken four trips to Oregon including two in the last month, one last weekend and no question he is high on the Ducks.

Oregon has LSU commit Daylen Austin visit last weekend, and he is a Rivals 4-Star corner, and the Ducks are in the final three for 5-Star Matayo Uiagalelei, a defensive lineman.  Wowsa.

My FishDuck Friends...the drama of how this could swing! The Ducks could land a Top-Five Recruiting class, or get dumped down to No. 20...whew!  (Oregon is No. 12 now on Rivals)

This could get hot!

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Yikes! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Indeed, that is a lot of talent on a knife edge, with many possible outcomes. 

At this spot in the NIL/ Portal road I sadly think that the phrase to keep in mind is, money changes everything. 

• Let’s hope! 1

On 12/15/2022 at 6:23 PM, jrw said:

At this spot in the NIL/ Portal road I sadly think that the phrase to keep in mind is, money changes everything. 

There are times to roll-in-the-bleak-cynicism, and many can, but I am going to savor this moment of supreme Oregon entertainment.  Very exciting!

giphy.gif

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

It’s good to have a recruiting wish list of top players. Even better when those players have us on their wish list. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, i think the $ can break Oregon’s way, not cynical in that sense; my guess is that Ducks can and will compete and win in that arena. Just looking forward to when this brave new world settles down a bit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Time was the ducks would not get a sniff from a list such as the one above. Now that all the cards are on the table let’s see if shoe  daddy and the boys can  close this thing out.

hold-on-to-your-butts-jurrasic-park.gif

If this recruiting weekend goes well, even losing Moore could still result in a monster class.

We’ll just get a portal QB next year…

But these other players-whew!

• Let’s hope! 1

Mr. FishDuck

There is definitely room here for a very good class without Moore, but I think Oregon is still in good shape with him. There was a reason Ohio State swooped in and got the Huskie recruit and stopped trying on Moore.

I'm still not convinced Nix is coming back. I think he needs a great showing in the bowl game to get the taste of the Washington and OSU losses out of people's mouths. He needs to show again that uninjured he can play at the next level. 

A 4 touchdown, 300 yard passing, 100 yard rushing game or something impressive anyway, and Bo may be gone. 

Of course that comes after Moore's decision. 

We'll just have to watch with bated breath and see what happens. 

High excitement in any case!

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

According to a report from 247Sports, the Ducks will host UTEP OT Jeremiah Byers on a visit this weekend.

On 12/15/2022 at 6:23 PM, jrw said:

This is why I think it is great that Uncle Phil will be meeting with recruits this weekend. He's not going to promise them the moon. He's going to be frank about what is reasonable and all the ways that being involved with Oregon and Nike can help them further their future.

Oregon Ducks at epicenter of nation's wild recruiting finish - for better or worse

Oregon is in the mix for a number of the nation's top prospects

It is projected to be a wild finish to the 2023 recruiting cycle with the early signing period beginning Wednesday. 

Few programs have more on the line than the Oregon Ducks, who are among the finalists for several five-star prospects.

NEWS.SCOREBOOKLIVE.COM

It is projected to be a wild finish to the 2023 recruiting cycle with the early signing period beginning Wednesday.  Few programs...