Charles Fischer

High Drama: Signing Day Evening Update on Oregon's Remaining Verbal Commits

We have four left we have been waiting on today, and here is what I know.  (Nothing else!) Is this incredible twists and turns....what drama....what entertainment!  (Pardon me while I pause to take a Valium)

Jurrion Dickey, the 4-Star receiver (Rivals) just announced on Instagram that he is signing and coming to Oregon with his brother. (Don't ask me anything about that!)

Peyton Bowen: he is the 5-Star safety who announced for Oregon, but the paperwork has not been digitally sent and some fear of cold feet by him or his mother.  This could go either way, and Notre Dame has not given up.

George Silva is the top JC offensive lineman coming, and he had paperwork hoops to jump through at his school, and then will sign as planned.

Blake Purchase is the elite edge rusher, (4-Star Rivals) the best prospect in Colorado.  He may have paused due to all the edge rushers we have taken already, especially 5-Star Matayo Uiagalelei.  Deion Sanders is making his pitch and making him reconsider, and this will probably go through Friday.

We may not win that one, but it is too bad; Purchase would play on a losing team, and will be the first one in the portal in a year or so.  (IMHO)

Jurrion Dickey

Jurrion Dickey's sensational debut for Menlo-Atherton stuns Bellarmine

And you will have an analysis of this class versus prior recruiting classes in a FishDuck article tomorrow by you-know-who.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Applause 2
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

What about TE prospect Jamari Johnson?  I thought he might decide and be signing today?

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

What a day. Hope Bowen decides to join us. He is a key to getting Hicks per what I’ve read. 

• Go Ducks! 1

Don't forget that we are also pursuing Rodrick Pleasant, a 4-Star defensive back for February, and for Friday....we are not out of it for 5-Star David Hicks.

Rodrick is also a Track Star...

Serra's Rodrick Pleasant shows blazing speed on first day of CIF State  track meet – Press Telegram

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Jurrion Dickey's Brother...

I can't find too much recent info on Jajuan Dickey but he graduated high school in 2021.

Here is some info available on internet...

WWW.MAXPREPS.COM

Check out Jajuan Dickey's high school sports timeline including game updates while playing basketball and football at Valley...

WWW.HUDL.COM

Watch JaJuan Dickey's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: Valley Christian High School - Boys Varsity Football / T / Class of...

Jajuan Dickey is No. 58 in listing

FOOTHILLOWLS.COM

2022-23 Foothill College Football Roster

This is a fun read. . .

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

The Ducks were the talk of the college football world on Wednesday.

Here is video from Instagram of Jurrion and Jajuan signing LOI.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Regardless of what happens from here on out, I’m excited about the class that our coaches were able to pull together. We’ve addressed a number of positions of need with elite talent. There are some players who could have an immediate impact. 

Most importantly we have signed player who want to be Ducks and play in Eugene. As Dan Lanning proudly said not one signee from last year’s class has entered the transfer portal.  

• Thumbs Up 1

PODCAST: Oregon just had its best National Signing Day ever

Oregon just had its biggest action on National Signing Day with the commitment of two new 5-star prospects to the Ducks, flipping 4-star prospects committed to Baylor, Notre Dame, and LSU, landing yet another verbal commitment from a prospect who was committed to Arizona two weeks prior, and putting themselves into position for its best recruiting class in school history.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon just had its biggest action on National Signing Day with the commitment of two new 5-star prospects to the Ducks, flipping...

On 12/21/2022 at 8:31 PM, Steven A said:

This is a fun read. . .

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

The Ducks were the talk of the college football world on Wednesday.

One of the best Tweets I've read recently:

image.png.baa1cea3a438d709a5ca94bdb92f28b7.png

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow! 19 kids transfered out! 19!!!

We have 5 transfers coming with a 4* grade except the Alabama kid, he's 3*.

Seems to me that DL is having heart to hearts with all the kids and giving them a grade. Oregon ja getting the right fit for what's coming next. A 'Winners' culture!

According to DL, the 'new' kids want to be here and we shouldn't expect Portal transfers from 'His recruits'. After all, no Freshmen hit the portal this year. 

Just Wow! ..... to it all.

Is Jajuan getting a scholarship? 

Lots of negative comments coming from jealous fans of other teams. Especially around the topic of NIL money. Since did when money become a non factor in deciding where to go to work? It isn't the only factor but it is a big one.

Do people badmouthing these young kids not consider compensation when deciding where to work or start their careers? If so, they are a distinct minority.

Plenty of hypocrisy out there!

Edited by LADuck

On 12/21/2022 at 10:13 PM, LADuck said:

Lots of negative comments coming from jealous fans of other teams. Especially around the topic of NIL money.

Yep, and they have no idea if we paid big NIL money or not. Heck, WE as fans don't know what was paid or not.  Many of our fans claimed last year--if we lost a recruiting battle--it was due to being outbid by NIL.

And none of us know the truth.

• Salute 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Mr. FishDuck

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck