The Kamikaze Kid

Camden Lewis Actually SAVED the Game

Camden Lewis kicked that crazy extra point off the up rights to seal the game. If you take a closer look on the replay, you can see his planting foot almost spin completely to the left causing him to nearly fall down. He was kicking on that freshly tilled side of the field.

In real time I thought he almost blew the game but now I see that he actually saved it and should get some well deserved props.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Boy...I don't know.  I cannot help but wonder if a bit of the mental "yips" did not get to him?

But he made it, and had a terrific year placekicking; now if we could solve the punting and kickoff return issues!

_EWJ-Cam Lewis congrats.JPG

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Actually, on his earlier XP from the same spot, he hit it perfect but spun out just after contact.  I think that was on his mind a couple minutes later for the best dunk of his life.  Kinda like Nate Costa's save v AZ years ago.  At 8:55 of the video.

All the highlights worth watching.

• Thumbs Up 1

That field at the holiday bowl was deteriorating fast. If you just look at the uniforms over the course of the game they were real muddy by the end. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some added slickness to it. 

• Applause 1

When I saw it hit the goal post I thought OMG overtime --My heart was on overload. Thankfully it bounced the right way. And as Dave Marsh mentioned the field was pretty soft and muddy. Players had dirt and grass stains early in the 1st.

All I know is that Lewis had one of the most accurate kicking seasons for any Duck kicker in program history. 

14-16 FGs

64-64 PATs

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

All the kickers struggled. The footing and surface was abysmal. No more non-football fields. 

On 12/30/2022 at 1:27 PM, Steven A said:

Actually, on his earlier XP from the same spot, he hit it perfect but spun out just after contact.  I think that was on his mind a couple minutes later for the best dunk of his life.  Kinda like Nate Costa's save v AZ years ago.  At 8:55 of the video.

All the highlights worth watching.

Watching LaMike run...man, what a back!!