Charles Fischer

Whoa! 90 Minute Joe Moorhead Podcast with TONS of Information

This looks like I am going to spend some fun time curled up with...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Sounds like Charles may need to adopt Jim Rome's theme song, "Up All Night"!

1 hour ago, woundedknees said:

Sounds like Charles may need to adopt Jim Rome's theme song, "Up All Night"!

Love it 

Something good to listen to for the dry period before spring practices start up. Thanks Charles. 

The podcast illuminates how bright and articulate Coach Moorhead is. He communicates clearly. It would be interesting to see the Ducks play a full 2021 season following an off season then spring and summer camps with JoeMo at the helm of the offense.

Edited by Notalot

Two things I took from this....

1.When your OC creates his own offensive language from scratch then he's a STUDENT of the game. 

2. He was asked who he watches for offensive inspiration and his answer was CHIP KELLY! 

Mario got us an OC that fits the Oregon culture with the EGO left in WESTWOOD!  Well played Mario, now let him coach! 

2 minutes ago, Southern Duck said:

Well played Mario, now let him coach! 

To me....the success of the program, whether we are just a consistent nine win team or become a Playoff team comes down to what you wrote....

Mr. FishDuck

2 hours ago, Charles Fischer said:

To me....the success of the program, whether we are just a consistent nine win team or become a Playoff team comes down to what you wrote....

You listen to that podcast and it's clear that besides  needing a football masters to follow that X's and O's chalk talk, that JoMo knows what the hell he's talking about.  I would hope Mario would be like "PHEW! One less thing to worry about!" 

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Southern Duck said:

Two things I took from this....

1.When your OC creates his own offensive language from scratch then he's a STUDENT of the game. 

2. He was asked who he watches for offensive inspiration and his answer was CHIP KELLY! 

Mario got us an OC that fits the Oregon culture with the EGO left in WESTWOOD!  Well played Mario, now let him coach! 

Chip Kelly  transformed the game of football....any ego smaller than our galaxy is an insult (lol).

Seriously though, I’d put Chip Kelly up there with Einstein.  Look at what he’s doing in Westwood (with a QB that can perform at the highest level).  UCLA is two years behind Chip’s abilities.  If he had a QB from day one at UCLA, Helton wouldn’t be at USC. 

27 minutes ago, Mike West said:

If he had a QB from day one at UCLA, Helton wouldn’t be at USC. 

Well, that is what a great coach does; when dealt lemons he/she goes out and gets winners. 

Coach Lombardi of the Softball team is the best example of that; look at what she was dealt and in the beginning of her third year she is No. 10 in the nation already?  She went out and recruited a whole new team ... she had one pitcher left and now has five?  Considered one of the deepest pitching staffs in the nation?  The QB excuse is a dog-that-doesn't-hunt with me...

Chip has not recruited, nor built a staff IMHO to prevail.

Mr. FishDuck

What a great listen!  Two things that stood out to me:

He told us the why behind why he had the backfield empty, then having the RB motion into the backfield and often immediately back out. It looked almost silly to me during the game (and exhausting to the RB) but it made sooo much sense listening to the explanation given.

The other thing was he explained, to a great extent, what happened against Iowa State's defense. What Iowa state did in creating a whole new defense. mid-season, built around the personnel they had.  Very interesting.

On 2/26/2021 at 9:07 AM, Southern Duck said:

He was asked who he watches for offensive inspiration and his answer was CHIP KELLY! 

Well played Mario, now let him coach! 

I believe his quote was Chip Kelly, and Chip's 'best stuff was when he was OC at New Hampshire.' Kind of a back handed complement.

I found it interesting that he just likes to see and talk to people who look at the game differently. You have to keep creating O's or the X's will shut you down. A creative guy at a point in ones career where most coaches get set in their ways.