Pennsylvania Duck

Look...Here's The Worst College Spring Game Crowd Ever

Social distancing guidelines are no longer implemented at college football games, but you wouldn't know it from yesterday's crowd in Washington. 

The annual intrasquad spring game for the Huskies apparently didn't capture the imagination of fans, as only a smattering of Washington supporters showed up. 

The image and caption below from Ethan Kilbreath summarizes the situation. 

"There’s no sugarcoating that the attendance for the [Washington Huskies] spring preview is light, from the stands to the press box. It’s also not a big deal. Spring game hasn’t been a spectacle for years for the Huskies, and they’re essentially playing a simulated scrimmage," he tweeted.

Funny that it was one of the cover stories on MSN tonight.

WWW.MSN.COM

Social distancing guidelines are no longer implemented at college football games, but you wouldn't know it from yesterday's crowd...

• Haha 3

Holy Crap!

• Haha 3

Mr. FishDuck

Tell you what, if the entire OBD forum shows up at Autzen this coming Saturday, we beat that crowd.

Heck, if my whole family shows up, we'll beat that crowd!

Edited by Ktmguy2018
  • Haha 3

I bet this makes Dana Altman feel better about crowd sizes.

To add even more fun to this topic, there seems to be significant concern in dawgland that they will have such a spectacular season (CFP is a lock) that the SEC or NFL will come calling and DeBoer will jump ship for another job.  Yes, this is true.  

I have a husky friend (who is very sane and rational and even he laughs at some of the nonsensory that emanates from Seattle) and he told me this is currently a topic of discussion on many of the message boards in the land of purple and gold.

Forgot to add to my previous comment, things were a bit sparse in Corvallis on Saturday as well from the pictures that I saw.  

I did notice that John C tried to 'enhance' things a bit in his column on Sunday by saying the there was a 'good crowd'.  

Seattle had two major league games going on that day, Mariners & Kracken.

Let's also guess that it wasn't important for whatever recruits they had at the UW spring 'game' to see an empty stadium.

Said one recruit to another "Wow, nice echo in here from that traffic on I-5 and the 520."

• Haha 3
  • Applause 1

I love beating UW at anything, but,

they beat us in the regular season.

Spring "games" are a practice.

I also love Lanning, but we lost last year to the two teams I HATE to lose to.

So, while it's fun to laugh at their measly attendance, we gotta win when and where it matters, on the field!

(It must be embarrassing for them though)

• Thanks 1

On 4/25/2023 at 10:45 AM, Augduck said:

To add even more fun to this topic, there seems to be significant concern in dawgland that they will have such a spectacular season (CFP is a lock) that the SEC or NFL will come calling and DeBoer will jump ship for another job.  Yes, this is true.  

I have a husky friend (who is very sane and rational and even he laughs at some of the nonsensory that emanates from Seattle) and he told me this is currently a topic of discussion on many of the message boards in the land of purple and gold.

Hi Augduck. I just ran across an example of what you are referring to about what Dawgland is saying.

Take a look below, it's hard to believe anyone with any knowledge would write this...

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

That ought to impress the B1G.  

The fans were probably watching the draft to see how many mutts were to be drafted! 

Not a single one for that school up north...

Oregon 6

Fusky 0 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1

In past years when Oregon had an open practice in Portland the Ducks drew larger crowds.