Charles Fischer

Colorado Leaving the Pac-12 for the Big-12?

This is rumor, and not a legit source--yet the discussion over at another site is going nuts.  The implications are vast if true...

--the beginning of the end of the Pac-12?

--it pushes Oregon to take a pared down revenue stream to join the B1G?

--the Pac-12 continues by adding San Diego State to replace Colorado?

--perhaps a ten-way split is another solution to the revenue issue? A return to the Pac-10?

As if this subject was not tiring enough for us, and now this?

• Yikes! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Neon Dion must realize he stands a better chance of winning against the likes of Nebraska et Co. then he does against the Pac12. 

Sounds like a panic move to me.

• Applause 1

At this point, I'd say whatever brings resolution to this topic is fine with me. The Pac expands, the Pac dissolves, the Ducks move here, the Ducks move there. The Pac gets a gagillion dollar deal by going to the QVC shopping channel. Just make it stop already.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

PS. I just want to give a huge thank you to FishDuck for posting some great Duck football articles. Sometimes I need a reminder about why I'm still a fan.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Colorado AD Rich George recently pledged allegiance to the Pac. However, when it comes to geography the B12 would make sense for CU.

BTW - CU does play Nebraska OOC this season but Nebraska is in the B1G (only non-AAU accredited B1G member school) and not the B12. Of course, CU used to play ball in the B12. Along with Nebraska, Missouri, and Texas A+M. Nest season add Oklahoma and Texas to the list.

The more GK fiddles the more the Pac-10 is at risk of burning down. 

Will the B1G come with a discounted offer for Oregon and Washington? Perhaps, but the B1G and Fox will not add more teams from the Pac-12 before knowing what the new Pac-10 media deal bottom line is.  The B1G is not going to arrive at a number without first knowing the number for Oregon and Washington.

The only no-brainer addition for the B1G is Notre Dame. 

I'm almost certain that USC and UCLA, especially UCLA facing a 'CAL tax' would prefer to see CAL and Stanford going B1G instead of more competitive in football Oregon and UW.

I believe Oregon and UW would be welcome by the B12 but who wants to go there? 

I doubt the Arizona legislature would allow 1 Arizona school to flip without the other. I know Utah wants to stay with the Pac-10. CU is already a tier above CO.ST. and would have no issues with the CO. legislature flipping to the B12. 

The Pac-10 could replace CU with San Diego State and not miss a beat.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 5/9/2023 at 10:54 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

At this point, I'd say whatever brings resolution to this topic is fine with me. The Pac expands, the Pac dissolves, the Ducks move here, the Ducks move there. The Pac gets a gagillion dollar deal by going to the QVC shopping channel. Just make it stop already.

Amen.  Oregon, with the 7th largest college fan base globally, (ahead of Alabama, LSU, Georgia, USC, Texas A&M, etc.) will be just fine where ever we land.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/9/2023 at 2:25 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Amen.  Oregon, with the 7th largest college fan base globally, will be just fine where ever we land.

No matter the alternative escaping from Larry's Loser Network will be a boon. 

Games that kick off at 10:30 and even 7:30 Eastern time on the network: If a tree falls in the forest ...

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Greg Flugaur mentioned during his last live broadcast a few days ago that something major was about to happen.  He wouldn’t say what it was and didn’t want to be the one to say what it was, but said it would happen by his next live broadcast.  

Edited by Rufus
  • Wow 1

On 5/9/2023 at 11:33 AM, Jon Joseph said:

No matter the alternative escaping from Larry's Loser Network will be a boon. 

Games that kick off at 10:30 and even 7:30 Eastern time on the network: If a tree falls in the forest ...

If Whatever Network doesn't decide to squeeze every last drop out the PAC by scheduling more night games...

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/9/2023 at 3:50 PM, Rufus said:

Greg Flugaur mentioned during his last live broadcast a few days ago that something major was about to happen.  He wouldn’t say what it was and didn’t want to be the one to say what it was, but said it would happen by his next live broadcast.  

Rufus, who is Greg Flugaur. Someone connected to a real source? Thank you. 

Would the Pac-6, CAL, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Washington, and Washington State be considered a member of the Power 5 (in reality today it is a Power 2) by adding - Colorado State, San Diego State, Fresno State, UNLV, Boise State, SMU, UT San Antonio, and Tulane? And possibly Tulsa and Memphis? 

If it comes to pass that only 6 Pac teams remain I believe the above-listed newbies would make sense. But would the Power 4 and Notre Dame buy off on this? 

Will this become, C U later Buffaloes?

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2023 at 3:37 PM, Jon Joseph said:

by adding - Colorado State, San Diego State, Fresno State, UNLV, Boise State, SMU, UT San Antonio, and Tulane?

😂😂😂.... bring on Tulane!!  They are welcome anytime! 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 11:48 PM, Notalot said:

Will this become, C U later Buffaloes?

I don't know but if CU leaves I'm going to Ralph(ie.)

Edited by Jon Joseph

On 5/10/2023 at 12:47 AM, Ktmguy2018 said:

😂😂😂.... bring on Tulane!!  They are welcome anytime! 

Yes, Tulane meets the required academic bona fides to join the 'Elite Club.' And last seen beating SC; THIS is in the Green Wave's favor.

Roll Waves!

On 5/9/2023 at 3:50 PM, Rufus said:

Rufus, Charles someone, who is this guy, and has he been a reliable source in the past? 

On 5/9/2023 at 4:57 PM, Annie said:

If Whatever Network doesn't decide to squeeze every last drop out the PAC by scheduling more night games...

However, Whatever Network likely has more than 13M subscribers/viewers.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/9/2023 at 6:13 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Rufus, who is Greg Flugaur. Someone connected to a real source? Thank you. 

He is the guy who publicly said USC would join the B1G three months before it happened.  At the time, he just posted on Twitter I believe. He is from Minnesota and last fall started a YouTube show called Peak Around the Corner.  He isn’t an insider but has connections that give him information. 

WWW.LATIMES.COM

Greg Flugaur says he's a nobody. Perhaps that's true, but the well-connected Minnesota fan was the first to report USC's interest in joining the Big Ten.

Edited by Rufus
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have confirmed Ron Burgundy is breaking news on the Pac-8's tv contract and the dawgs and buffs leaving the conference. I don't want to spoil it but here it is.

The dawgs are moving to the U Football league, the oldest football league and fittingly with much grandeur. Joining the Canadian college football league should allow the mens program to finally win a national title, granted it the Canadian title, but when has the school up north worried about that kind of thing. They are looking forward to many Vanier Cup Championships!

The Buffs are going it alone. I mean with Neon who needs a conference. They still need players, but that is also a very small detail.

As far as a conference tv deal, many won't like this but, Larry is coming back and reigniting the Pac-? network.  He is going to report the network is now worth $5 billion making all the university presidents happy again.

anchormanFILMSTILL.jpg.webp

• Haha 5
  • Applause 1

Thank you, Rufus. 

I get that a Minnie Ha Ha guy would have an in with B1G sources but B12 and Pac-12 sources?

I'm seeing this as more unfounded rumor-mongering and I will apologize if wrong.

The Pac-12 is facing more incoming than the Marines at Khe Sanh. The Marines fought back.

On 5/10/2023 at 9:53 AM, Haywarduck said:

I have confirmed Ron Burgundy is breaking news on the Pac-8's tv contract and the dawgs and buffs leaving the conference. I don't want to spoil it but here it is.

The dawgs are moving to the U Football league, the oldest football league and fittingly with much grandeur. Joining the Canadian college football league should allow the mens program to finally win a national title, granted it the Canadian title, but when has the school up north worried about that kind of thing. They are looking forward to many Vanier Cup Championships!

The Buffs are going it alone. I mean with Neon who needs a conference. They still need players, but that is also a very small detail.

As far as a conference tv deal, many won't like this but, Larry is coming back and reigniting the Pac-? network.  He is going to report the network is now worth $5 billion making all the university presidents happy again.

anchormanFILMSTILL.jpg.webp

Didn't this guy go on to own and coach a pro basketball team in Flint, Michigan? Where he traded a washing machine for Woody Harrelson.

What's the safe word? Spumoni. Spumoni!

In light of the Colorado rumors, thought all might like this article:

Opinion: Unpacking Latest On Pac-12 Media Rights Negotiations

SALT LAKE CITY – It’s been a while since I last addressed the topic of the ongoing Pac-12 media rights negotiations. From my perspective, not much has changed.

However, a handful of interesting rumors have come up lately making it seem like a good time to dive in once more and discuss what is being said and how that corresponds to things I’ve heard.

I want to make clear this is my takeaway based on educated leanings from the past several months. It should also be noted my circle is mainly focused around the University of Utah but does have some reach into the Pac-12 and national scene as well.

Opinions to the following information in article:

Where Is The Deal?

Let’s Talk About The “Timeline”

Is There Concern Of ‘Four Corner’ Schools Leaving?

Academics Matter In These Negotiations. A Lot.

Putting A Bow On This Round Of Discussion

"That is why I also feel it is important to continue applying these rules when consuming anything on the topic of this Pac-12 media negotiation:

1. Who would actually be involved in these discussions?
  2. Are the sources being cited reasonably specific to who would be involved?
  3. Has the messaging/attitude changed from those who would be involved?

Basically, watch closely those who would be involved in the negotiation room and take your cues from them. If they don’t appear to be panicking, you probably shouldn’t either."

KSLSPORTS.COM

It's been a while since I last addressed the topic of the ongoing Pac-12 media rights negotiations. From my perspective, not much has changed.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

He's a "Gopher by the Grace of Good Gosh".

Nuff Sed, Fred!

• Haha 1

I have no fear that Colorado is going to leave the Pac 12.  However in another 2 weeks there will be a post that the Arizona schools are preparing to leave.  Here's one for you, how about UW going to the ACC?

On 5/10/2023 at 3:23 PM, mrspenney said:

I have no fear that Colorado is going to leave the Pac 12.  However in another 2 weeks there will be a post that the Arizona schools are preparing to leave.  Here's one for you, how about UW going to the ACC?

That would be great for frequent flyer miles.

• Haha 1

'Educated leanings' have opinions? Who knew?

Big surprise, it's past mid-day Wednesday and no "huge announcement".  

• Applause 1

On 5/10/2023 at 12:23 PM, mrspenney said:

I heard that UW was headed to the Big Sky so that they could get a yearly chance to try to beat Montana.

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1