David Marsh

Tuesday Timing: The Wait May Soon Be Over

WWW.ON3.COM

Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff will reportedly present a media deal offer to current athletic directors in the conference.

For the media deal announcement anyways... then we enter the next phase of this long drawn out ordeal. So the waiting may soon be over for the media deal... but then we get to wait some more to see what happens next.

• Let’s hope! 3

I hope it's true.

Then quickly add SMU to take CU's place in '24.

Then add SDSU and one or 3 others.

And then finally, let's play football!!

• Thumbs Up 1

As a rule, desperation is to your disadvantage when bargaining for what you want. With the departure of Colorado, can’t help but wonder if the media types have taken the reins in negotiating price with GK and the universities.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why would GK be making the presentation to the AD's? They aren't the decision makers.......

Does this mean the Presidents /Chancellors have seen the numbers?

Are these the numbers and details that CU saw and went running to the G5 landing zone known as the BIG-12?

Not being pessimistic, just wondering why the AD's?

Glad something might be happen to push this saga forward onto the tracks or potentially push it off a cliff.

No matter what not everyone will be happy, including some members of this forum.

GO PAC 9......GO DUCKS........

PS: I will be disappointed if we dont hang 50 on the Buffs........

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

It’s being reported 200 million per year Apple only, if this is true…very sad

On 7/31/2023 at 5:18 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Why would GK be making the presentation to the AD's? They aren't the decision makers.......

Does this mean the Presidents /Chancellors have seen the numbers?

Are these the numbers and details that CU saw and went running to the G5 landing zone known as the BIG-12?

Not being pessimistic, just wondering why the AD's?

Glad something might be happen to push this saga forward onto the tracks or potentially push it off a cliff.

No matter what not everyone will be happy, including some members of this forum.

GO PAC 9......GO DUCKS........

PS: I will be disappointed if we dont hang 50 on the Buffs........

I'm good with 50 each on Colorado, USC and UCLA. A good parting gift!

On 7/31/2023 at 2:12 PM, Washington Waddler said:

As a rule, desperation is to your disadvantage when bargaining for what you want.

Yup, the panic caused by Colorado and possibly Arizona leaving means the PAC is going to get fleeced. 

On 7/31/2023 at 5:04 PM, Duckman1 said:

I've heard this as well...although I've heard a million different things lately. It wouldn't be so bad if it were $20M but with unequal revenue share...or $20M base plus a performance based modifier depending on how many households actually stream the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/31/2023 at 3:04 PM, Duckman1 said:

Yes, very sad. 😢

Media.com - Pac- 9 and B13, ranking of average viewer numbers watching football in 2022.

Pac - 9./ OREGON, 33. Utah, 34. UW, 41. WA St, 45. Cal, 47. Stanford, 57. OR St, 61, Arizona, 70. ASU

B13 - / 13. TCU, 24. Oklahoma St, 29. Baylor, 30. Kansas St, 38. BYU, 42. Iowa St, 51. W. Virginia, 52. Kansas, 54. Texas Tech, 55. Cincinnati, 61. UCF, 66. Colorado, 78. Houston

Which inventory would you rather be marketing? Which of the Pac-9/B13, went to the market with a realistic value of its worth? Which went to the market before the media market suffered a correction in the wrong direction? If you could destroy a media dollar competitor by taking in the numbers 13., 24., 29., 30., 52. and 54. ranked teams, adding millions of new viewers to your network and thus achieving far better national distribution, would you not have done so? Would effete academic concerns have prevented you from doing so?

Two decades of terrible leadership = $20M a team, although I remain more optimistic in regards to the bottom line number, why should any of us be surprised?  

You reap what you sow and do not sow. Oregon needs to find better partners ASAP and not be dragged down by partners with no business sense.