David Marsh

FishDuck Said It First!

When it comes to figuring some of this conference realignment stuff, FishDuck is a whole lot faster. This article was posted today on On3 and as I read it I was reminded of my own FishDuck articles! 

Here is the On3 article 

WWW.ON3.COM

Questions surrounding the perceived outsize influence of TV networks in realignment moves grew louder as...

But when it comes to to recognizing that Fox and ESPN are the overlords of college football I had them beat by over a year! 

FISHDUCK.COM

This will come as no surprise to any of you, but the NCAA is dead. It ceded away its power to the major...

And just this week I broke down how Fox and ESPN dismantled the Pac-12. 

FISHDUCK.COM

FOX and Disney/ESPN control virtually all of college sports. The Pac-12 has failed to make a deal with either of...

So my FishDuck friends... I'd just like to point out that we are all talking about these topics long before other parts of the media.

And though I feel like I am shamelessly promoting myself, I would also like to say it is because of the fantastic conversations we have here that often give me inspiration for the articles I write. So thank you all for the wonderful conversations.

• Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 4
  • Applause 5
  • Thumbs Up 14

I learn more, sooner, from FishDuck.com than any other Duck or ex-journalist website out there.  

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Perks of being tied to a computer for 3/4 of the day starting at 7AM! 👍

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/9/2023 at 9:26 AM, idontrollonshobbas said:

I learn more, sooner, from FishDuck.com than any other Duck or ex-journalist website out there.  

The greatest compliment...I am blown away and THANK YOU.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

Mr. FishDuck

I also often get Duck news first on Fish Duck.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is my only Duck website Period. Thank you Charles!

• Thanks 1

When I "need to know", OBDF is my first go to. From the writers to the members, this is where i usually rely on breaking info first. So many of OBDF members are dug in on everthing Ducks. 

One stop shopping for sure. Then there is the conversations. Every avg member (avg isn't really a thing here) gets me thinking outside the box.

I am a better fan because of the fans on OBDF.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

While I agree Fox pulled the trigger on this, the SEC and Big Ten realize they're going to have to share revenue with the players.

This was going to happen anyway.  Just discount see it happening so quickly.

That didn't exonerate the PAC12 leadership at all.  Or USC frankly.  Having a TV deal compared to selling candy is telling. 

And frankly, I wouldn't spend $30 million a year on a region that undervalues college football.  Let's be real about it, West Coast fans have too much to do- especially in California- besides watch college football.

Not one of the schools, including the LA school draw five million eyeballs a game- and let's face it- Cal, Stanford and UCLA don't even fill their stadiums every week.  That's a recipe for terrible finances.  

But Fox clearly put the nail in the coffin. ESPN did also, knowing the conference couldn't compete for eyeballs in the 12:30 and 4:30 time slots.  The conference was doomed once C Suite Larry couldn't snag   A&M, OU and Texas.

On 8/9/2023 at 9:19 AM, David Marsh said:

When it comes to figuring some of this conference realignment stuff, FishDuck is a whole lot faster. This article was posted today on On3 and as I read it I was reminded of my own FishDuck articles! 

Here is the On3 article 

WWW.ON3.COM

Questions surrounding the perceived outsize influence of TV networks in realignment moves grew louder as...

But when it comes to to recognizing that Fox and ESPN are the overlords of college football I had them beat by over a year! 

FISHDUCK.COM

This will come as no surprise to any of you, but the NCAA is dead. It ceded away its power to the major...

And just this week I broke down how Fox and ESPN dismantled the Pac-12. 

FISHDUCK.COM

FOX and Disney/ESPN control virtually all of college sports. The Pac-12 has failed to make a deal with either of...

So my FishDuck friends... I'd just like to point out that we are all talking about these topics long before other parts of the media.

And though I feel like I am shamelessly promoting myself, I would also like to say it is because of the fantastic conversations we have here that often give me inspiration for the articles I write. So thank you all for the wonderful conversations.

Not sure you are just talking and writing about these topics before the pundits, or are they copying Fishduck and the Fishduck contributors? 

There isn't a lot of thinking, or creativity with most pundits. I would guess they are copying ideas from Fishduck!

There is the first one, and then........

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2023 at 1:23 PM, Haywarduck said:

Not sure you are just talking and writing about these topics before the pundits, or are they copying Fishduck and the Fishduck contributors? 

I wouldn't be surprised at all. 

I just no I don't have any corporate association which other pundits do have. No one from the Fox or ESPN spheres are going to say either had a hand in killing a conference. 

On3 I don't think is tied to either though. 

247 is tied to CBS/Paramount.

On 8/9/2023 at 12:59 PM, Mike West said:

Not one of the schools, including the LA school draw five million eyeballs a game- and let's face it- Cal, Stanford and UCLA don't even fill their stadiums every week.  That's a recipe for terrible finances.  

It does kinda feel like Fox may be overpaying those LA schools by this logic. Are they worth paying 60 mil? Are they going to add that much value? 

Oregon and Washington will gather a good amount of eyeballs and only have a half share. 

It is a conundrum, TV market size vs actual TV numbers.  Rutgers, Maryland and UCLA TV numbers lag behind their actual market size, but are deemed valuable.

FishDuck is definitely a place I visit every day to stay up to the minute informed on my beloved Ducks. Judging from the slow down in loading speeds during all of the latest things happening, I think a lot of my fellow Duck fans feel the same way. This place is buzzing 24/7! The articles and information are unparalleled, the analytics are top drawer, and the strictly enforced code of ethics are much appreciated and make for a wonderful experience.

I can’t thank Charles enough for turning his passion for the Ducks into something we all enjoy, and for the tremendous time, effort, and money he has spent creating and maintaining this little piece of Duck fan paradise.

• Thanks 1

Our little corner of the world just got WAY better with a new dedicated server just for this forum. The problems of slow loading pages should be a thing of the past!

Now we can all get our Duck News that much faster, and it it going to be SWEET.

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck