Charles Fischer

Update! ANOTHER Billboard AND Building for Bo?

See post number 6 below for update....

On other sites they say it is in downtown Dallas....

and considering all the Texas players joining us?  Good call.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

NICE !!!

Love it

I think you can see Lubbock from here.

They should put up another one in Auburn, Alabama.  LOL.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1

And another building?

Mr. FishDuck

LOOK: Another billboard for Oregon QB Bo Nix is going up in Dallas

Oregon Ducks quarterback Bo Nix is making his way across the United States.

A week after the news came out that the Heisman Trophy candidate had a billboard going up in downtown New York City to launch his campaign ahead of the 2023 season, it’s become clear that another billboard is going up, this time in Dallas, Texas.

The NYC billboard features a pictures of Nix’s back with the words ‘Bodacious’ above him — the BO in massive letters.

In Dallas, it appears that we will get a different look, with Nix appearing to throw towards the viewer. The Dallas billboard appears to be across two buildings, instead of just one.

I think the picture being used is the one at the beginning of the article...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Bo Nix is making his way to the south, with the latest billboard featuring the star Oregon Duck going up in Dallas.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cool!

• Cool 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Impressive, two building effect in Dallas!

Thank you Uncle Phil!

On 8/22/2023 at 9:56 AM, NJDuck said:

Impressive, two building effect in Dallas!

Bo does Dallas! Or, something like that. 

I'd like to suggest putting the next one on the south facing side of a building in the southern most part of downtown LA.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/22/2023 at 1:36 PM, anyotherduck said:

I'd like to suggest putting the next one on the south facing side of a building in the southern most part of downtown LA.

The graffiti folks in South Central would make short work of this. 

On 8/22/2023 at 11:08 AM, Jon Joseph said:

The graffiti folks in South Central would make short work of this. 

Not before the condoms get an eye full!

College football is B1G time. This move showes Oregon is all in in becoming a national power. It tells every football player in the country "come to Oregon and Oregon will be fully engaged in the promotion of your career ". Love it!

• Applause 1

Remember years back when his opinion mattered?

Mr. FishDuck

Some people just don't get it...I like Paul's response

• Thumbs Up 3

"When in reality it is about brand-building, exposure and especially recruiting."

Wrong, it's about East Coast Media votes, just as:

2015 McCaffery breaks single season all purpose yards 3,864 with 15 TDs, and loses to Henry with 2210 all purpose yards, 28 TDs.  Sorry, an NCAA record trumps 28 TDs (unless, see below). 

And, 2009 Gerhart leads the nation in rushing yds (1871) and TDs = 28 ??? look familiar?  Winner, Ingram 1542 & 17 . .  HMMMM 

• Great post! 1

On another board a usc fan posted the original Bo picture in NYC, bashing Bo, the Ducks, the billboard. Another poster (I forget what school, but not a trojan) joined in, saying no one would ever see it because it's on Park Avenue and no one on Park Avenue was interested in football.

I then commented that, while I didn't know about people who lived and/or worked on Park Avenue, that the tourists would see it, they would care because they are interested in football.

Then I mentioned that actually it was all over the internet, including on that post on that site. There has been no response to my comment. 😉

• Applause 3

Unlike Joey's poster, neither of the Bo Nix billboards mention the Heisman. 

This is about promoting your players and program, and will show future recruits what Oregon is willing to do to for them. Perhaps this was part of Oregon's pitch to Bo for him to come back for his final year?

The purpose of advertising is to draw attention to your brand and/or product.  Given people are talking about the billboards are proof that they are effective.

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oregon,

I agree with you completely regarding the purpose of the Bo billboards.

But Joey's billboard literally promoted him for the Heisman.

Joey Harrington would finish 4th in the 2001 Heisman voting ...

Whoops,  my BAD Oregon.  You said exactly that and I misread your post.  Please accept my apology.  Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

No worries.

Edited by OregonDucks

Definition of small mindedness = Dwight James "I was a Heisman voter until a year or two ago and I must say, Oregon's whole billboard thing is obviously just a silly stunt with no impact...  It used to feel as if the Ducks were cutting edge. Big waste of money."

If you as a former journalist (loosest use of the term) to not think this type of publicity is:

1) good

2) even if bad = good

3) not cutting edge (just like our uniforms and helmets for the last couple of decades) so I guess he only watches ohio state, michigan and penn state games

then we are glad you no longer vote.

But thanks for your credibility informing us that don't even know when you stopped voting for the Heisman.

Oh yea... I remember that guy. Pfft

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2023 at 6:16 PM, Autzen Magic said:

Whoops,  my BAD Oregon.  You said exactly that and I misread your post.  Please accept my apology.  Go Ducks!

tenor.gif?itemid=15723337

🤣

• Yikes! 1
  • Haha 2

Jaynes and Fentress, PLEASE, Just R E T I R E ! Enjoy it, you both SO FULL of yourselves. Phil/Nike and Oregon created a marketing relationship that other schools, NOW embrace. Even Nick Saban, is singing praise of the Blur Offense, that was going to increase injuries to players and damage College Football for generations to come. Phil, Nike and the "O" knows Football Marketing, be BOdacious, Fly with the Flock!

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

This is an interesting view...

• Cool 1

Excerpt from John Canzano's article:

Can we momentarily pause the Bo Nix billboard debate to put one part of the argument to rest?

The campaign is a win.

The billboard at 315 Park Ave. South may not change the mind of a single Heisman Trophy voter. But what the thing has done is announce to every potential University of Oregon recruit: “You too, could end up towering above Manhattan someday.”.

Again, this is more than just Heisman, it's much much more!

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

Billboards vs Blue Bloods.  Oregon from most schools, has built their program up from taking on the Big Boys.  The big paydays of being the practice schools that the Michigan's, Penn States and others paid to take a beating from before the real competition.  The foundations for good coaches to seek talent, develop that talent above their expectations and build both sides of the ball to be competitive.

Rich Brooks started the work, laid the foundation.  Mike Bellotti continued the building of a homegrown team with coaches that found players to develop and teach to excel at a level not realized.  The relationship built between Bellotti and Phil Knight helped to extend Oregon's reach to younger kids for future roles and involvement in developing Oregon as a School to seriously consider for sports.  Chip Kelly as OC first gave the taste of a "different type of fast football" to the Oregon Arsenal that it was the sign of Bellotti having to move on or lose a trend setting Coach.

I may be assuming a little here but Chips work, made famous by the breakdowns of one FISHDUCK Fisher, may have turned the tide for Oregon.  Marketing you call it, nah, Phil Knight and Nike!  The relationship between a former Alumni's, Phil Knight and former Oregon Track Coach Bill Bowerman, formed the Souls or Soles of Nike.  Their marketing of top athletes along with an up and coming sports shoe giant, is Exactly an Oregon story.  The Oregon Ducks provided the testing grounds for shoes and apparel while show casing designs and looks that appealed to the masses.

The combinations of Style to the masses, opens eyes.  Winning and "the Blur" creates excitement and turn heads of potential future prospects.  Now, the move to the B1G puts Oregon in front of many Blue Bloods with better exposure for competitive programs.  I look forward to this next chapter of the Oregon Sports Programs and Nike Marketing experience.  But the Bottom line is Billboards build Exposure, key is to Win and win with STYLE!

• Thumbs Up 1

Was “Bo Knows” unavailable?

• Haha 1

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 2

Mr. FishDuck

Forget the Heisman campaign; Bo Nix's billboards are about Oregon recruiting

When a billboard went up in New York City last week featuring an image of Oregon Ducks quarterback Bo Nix and the tagline ‘Bodacious,’ the college football world got to talking.

A week later, when a similar billboard went up in Dallas, spreading Nix’s image to the south, the conversation continued.

Not all of the rhetoric was positive, and a lot of individuals on social media questioned the motives behind what was perceived as an outdated marketing campaign for the Oregon QB’s Heisman Trophy campaign.

Whether it was positive or negative, though, the Ducks were the talk of the town in the college football world for a large chunk of time leading up to the start of the 2023 season.

Mission accomplished.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

“At the University of Oregon, you’re going to have the opportunity to be recognized. You’re going to be seen not just at a local level...