Steven A

Colorado's Travis Hunter Responses to Lanning's Comment

WWW.MSN.COM

I'm not worried about their bulletin board.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought his comments were pretty good until he said "we comin".

Backing up his team while keeping one foot in the door with Lanning. Smart guy!

• Thumbs Up 3

I thought his comments were pretty classy. I expected trash talk coming from someone being coached by Deion Sanders. I personally didn't mind the "we comin" part. I think he pretty much had to assert some confidence going forward in his position. And, "we waitin"!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/29/2023 at 12:00 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Backing up his team while keeping one foot in the door with Lanning. Smart guy!

Yeah, he be "comin" to Oregon soon enough. He'd rather be in the B1G then the BIG 12.

DL was just keeping it real.

The last time they won a Bowl game was in 2004. Many years before they joined the PAC.  Their 9 total wins over the last 3 seasons is rather dismal. 

However, the buffalo have been the best team in the state of Colorado. So, at least they have bragging rights within the state. 

You have to wonder about his decision making capabilities.  5* kid, #1 CB out of HS for 2022 and instead of playing for DL at Georgia he follows Deion to an FCS school.  🤷‍♂️

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

Deion has another 5* CB that is a true Freshman this year.  Deion makes a good impression on CB recruits.

I have no problem with what he said.  He is being respectful to Lanning and still backing his team.  Is he misguided about they be coming?  Yes, but it is good to have confidence in your team.

On 8/29/2023 at 11:21 AM, Steven A said:
WWW.MSN.COM

I'm not worried about their bulletin board.

Nor I.  But it was still unfortunate that Dan said what he did.  It doesn't advance Oregon's image or status and gives opponents unnecessary ammunition or fuel for their aggression.  If I had to hazard a guess, I'd guess Dan Lanning is probably sorry it came out the way it did.  Just saying -

• Great post! 1

On 8/29/2023 at 12:21 PM, DanLduck said:

Yeah, he be "comin" to Oregon soon enough. He'd rather be in the B1G then the BIG 12.

I don´t think conference matters to him. Look at what conference Prime recruited him to as the #1 in his class.

I imagine that Prime got him to commit by promising him to personally coach him everything he knows about being a shutdown corner. You don't have to be on TV to get to the NFL. You only have to be good. The NFL will find you. Prime must have kept that promise because DH followed him to Colorado.

And, as Tandaian pointed out above, Prime got another 5* CB to commit to him in the '23 class... probably with the same promise.

"We comin"? He didn't say when. They are starting that journey this year. We will see how far they come. 

On 8/30/2023 at 9:54 AM, Jon Sousa said:

I don´t think conference matters to him. Look at what conference Prime recruited him to as the #1 in his class.

I imagine that Prime got him to commit by promising him to personally coach him everything he knows about being a shutdown corner. You don't have to be on TV to get to the NFL. You only have to be good. The NFL will find you. Prime must have kept that promise because DH followed him to Colorado.

And, as Tandaian pointed out above, Prime got another 5* CB to commit to him in the '23 class... probably with the same promise.

"We comin"? He didn't say when. They are starting that journey this year. We will see how far they come. 

Maybe so, but being on a winning team might count for something. Finishing at Oregon didn't hurt Gonzo any.

Players still want to win games. Going 2-10 might not sit well.

Might the season is finally here, so let the games begin!

On 8/30/2023 at 12:36 PM, DanLduck said:

Players still want to win games. Going 2-10 might not sit well.

Might the season is finally here, so let the games begin!

Without any evidence to back up my statement I'd hazard another guess and that is:  Colorado will finish higher than 2-10.  4-8 more likely.

And added to that I'd also suggest that to some it may seem Colorado is going to be on the beneficiary side of referee calls - esp. during their home games.  Human nature being what it is. In the long-run, I expect Sanders' team to be successful, assuming he stays put long enough to see things thru.

On 8/30/2023 at 12:45 PM, Mic said:

assuming he stays put long enough to see things thru.

I whole heartedly agree.  If he starts to turn things around, a bigger fish will come in and take him away and even with dimmished speed at his age, the door will not hit him!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/30/2023 at 9:54 AM, Jon Sousa said:

Deion's biggest ACE in the hole is his fame as an NFL all-pro D-back and his limelight of a career (always over-blown, if you ask me) which gives him inside connections to various NFL teams. Compare him to Dan Lanning, for example.  Which coach has the most inside dope on getting NFL scouts to look a player over? Dieon or Dan?

Dan could be the best coach on the West Coast and it still wouldn't count as much with the scouts as Dieon calling a former teammate, buddy, coach (or all three) on the phone and lauding his own players.  Kids will know or understand this, or they will certainly be informed about it at recruiting time.  Bet on it.