Pennsylvania Duck

Mel Tucker Suspended Without Pay at Michigan State

Hit the 'Show More' below to see entire post...

For those of you not on twitter, the rest of post says:

survivor Brenda Tracy, USA Today reported. School has called a 5 p.m. news conference.

Wow—sexually harassing the woman who is educating your team about sexual violence is a whole other level of predator.

• Thumbs Up 2

I read the full story in USA today.  It's pretty ugly.  He deserves this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Absolutely, the USA Today story is pretty damning.  You'll want to take a shower after reading it.

Holy Peacock! Sparty just saved $70M in ridiculous coaching salary payments!

• Mic drop 1

I don't feel comfortable posting the USA today write up, but if you would like to read it, click here.

Also, I have been reading more articles about this subject and there seems to be confusion whether Tucker has been fired or suspended without pay. I guess we'll find out when MSU has their news conference.

It appears that Tucker is on suspension until a hearing begins October 5th.

Poor judgement by Tucker and just down right......no words!

Just have to wait for the facts to fully surface. Currently just disgusting on the surface....

I will reserve judgment till Tucker gets his day in court. 

• Applause 1

Based on Week 2 AP Rankings ( two-thirds of the Pac-12 ranked!) and assuming the Pac-2 teams go to the Mountain West (MW) and do not rack up more billable hours, this is what 5 champs in, 4 highest ranked conference champs with a 1st round bye would look like come 2024.

1. Georgia - SEC vs. 9. UW at 8. Penn State

2. Michigan - B1G vs. 10. Notre Dame at 7. Ohio State

3. FSU - ACC vs. 11. Alabama at 6. USC

4. Utah - B12 vs. 12. Oregon State - Mountain West at 5. Texas

5 B1G/ 3 SEC/ 1 ACC/ 1 Independent/ 1 B12/ 1 Mountain West.

On 9/10/2023 at 2:29 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

Wow—sexually harassing the woman who is educating your team about sexual violence is a whole other level of predator.

Wow- alledged sexual harassment story convicts accussed through mass media one more time.

On 9/10/2023 at 6:09 PM, Log Haulin said:

I will reserve judgment till Tucker gets his day in court. 

Smart. But in today's world of Hive Mind (unsocial) media? Sayonara, Adios, Alveterzane, Ciao, Kaput. 

Get the Tuck out of town.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Wow 1

On 9/10/2023 at 2:29 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

It's an absolutely disturbing and disgusting story. This guy should be prosecuted to the fullest extant of the law. Unbelievable. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Harrassment? Or losing at recruiting and on the field? Hoping this was not a smear job, but if true then firing is the right action.

On 9/10/2023 at 3:15 PM, Log Haulin said:

Wow- alledged sexual harassment story convicts accussed through mass media one more time

Did you read the article? He doesn’t deny he did it.

He just said that the woman who literally coaches ncaa teams about consent gave her consent despite her saying she did not. Quite the nerve.

Also, she has witnesses, and he provably lied in his interview. There are receipts.

On 9/10/2023 at 4:56 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

Did you read the article? He doesn’t deny he did it.

He just said that the woman who literally coaches ncaa teams about consent gave her consent despite her saying she did not. Quite the nerve.

Also, she has witnesses, and he provably lied in his interview. There are receipts.

I did read it. This thread is super toxic. I will leave my statement where they are but I regret commenting. It helps no one to litigate this on OBDF. We have courts for that. It would be better for OBDF if this story was never posted here. 

I have formed no opinion on guilt or innocence. This will be the last thing I say about it on OBDF. IMO, if the thread continues it will damage this forum. Just my opinion.

Go Ducks

I appreciate your perspective @Log Haulin, and I agree that this is a difficult subject.

My perspective is that ignoring this type of abuse in sports is exactly how we perpetuate that abuse.It’s the ignorance that’s toxic, not the topic itself.

I think it’s fantastic that Brenda Tracy has a voice and is believed in 2023.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

On 9/10/2023 at 6:19 PM, Notalot said:

Harrassment? Or losing at recruiting and on the field? Hoping this was not a smear job, but if true then firing is the right action.

It is coincidental is it not that with the Fed raising rates, Mel's 2 sugar daddy's mortgage finance company is taking a bath 

I in no way, shape, or form intend to diminish the claims, if justified, lodged against the man. But there are any number of ways you can escape a deal that was senseless to begin with. 

Today? CU is happy that Mel is gone.

As a team, can we agree to take the allegations seriously without questioning Brenda Tracy’s motives?

Please OBD?! 🙏💪

On 9/10/2023 at 5:35 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Today? CU is happy that Mel is gone.

No kidding!  How he got MSU to pay him that much was beyond amazing.   

• Thumbs Up 1

We have taken this thread to its logical end, as she is being believed and he will have his day in court.

I am not going to delete it, as I did with another thread today, but will lock it.

Let’s stick to football here, and let the crimes of others be discussed extensively at forums built for that purpose.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck