Log Haulin

Games of Interest.

So far Buffs are playing SC much better that they were able to perform v. Ducks. Moved the ball but failed on the FG. 

OSU beat and over ranked, hobbled Utes team. Neither were impressive as far as I could see.  

Looking forward to see how Fusky look in the Desert. Right now, Ducks look like the most compleat power in the Pac

• Thumbs Up 1

Colorado going against USC is making me feel good about Oregon v USC right now. 

Colorado's defense has had some big opportunities against USC's line but lack the athletes to seal the deal. Oregon has those athletes and Williams will be under a lot of pressure against the Ducks in November. 

• Thumbs Up 4

On 9/30/2023 at 9:48 AM, David Marsh said:

Colorado going against USC is making me feel good about Oregon v USC right now. 

Colorado's defense has had some big opportunities against USC's line but lack the athletes to seal the deal. Oregon has those athletes and Williams will be under a lot of pressure against the Ducks in November. 

Thats were I am at. I will grade this one on eye test. Gotta throw stats and score out the window. 

Colorado is running the ball on the USC D, just wait till the see the Ducks running game. 

Edited by Dave23
  • Thumbs Up 1

Williams just got smoked. Thats gunna hurt.

UK up on gators big. Could get to 5-0. Should get them ranked if they can hold. 

Two more USC takeaways. 

USC can't run the ball. 

And USC cannot defense against the run. 

Oregon has to be drooling. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Buffs give away 14 points. Sanders team is beating themselves as much as USuC is beating them. 

• Thumbs Up 4

What is is called when you have no defense and bad offense??? Oh Yea I remember-Colorado

On 9/30/2023 at 11:20 AM, Log Haulin said:

Buffs give away 14 points. Sanders team is beating themselves as much as USuC is beating them. 

Very undisciplined football.

One glaring problem I see about Usuck is they are not ready at the snap of the ball on defense and seriously having problems substituting players. But they are still handling the Buffs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Buffs with 246 total yards And 15 first downs. Mistakes by Buffs or this is a 1 score game. USuC looks over-rated in my view. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/30/2023 at 10:54 AM, Log Haulin said:

Buffs with 246 total yards And 15 first downs. Mistakes by Buffs or this is a 1 score game. USuC looks over-rated in my view. 

You are correct LH. The pass blocking looks pretty good for usuck and Williams is a stud the rest however is average at best.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2023 at 10:20 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

What is is called when you have no defense and bad offense??? Oh Yea I remember-Colorado

Well... so far, this Buff "bad" offense has put up 21 points on USC with nearly 6 minutes left in the 3rd. 

I like it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2023 at 11:42 AM, Desert Duck said:

Well... so far, this Buff "bad" offense has put up 21 points on USC with nearly 6 minutes left in the 3rd. 

I like it. 

I don't think that is as impressive as you are hoping for. USC defense looks pretty soft to me. If it wasnt for USC one dimensional Offense, USC wouldn't be fawned over the way they are.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never said USC had good defense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Williams - 28/35 - 374 yards - 6 TDs - 1 Int

And that's after only 3 quarters. 

And since Colorado continues to score, I'm guessing that, unlike Bo last week, Williams will continue to play fairly deep into the 4th quarter. He's already put up ridiculous numbers, but they're gonna continue to pile up. 

Edited by Desert Duck

On 9/30/2023 at 11:52 AM, Log Haulin said:

USC defense looks pretty soft to me. 

That's why I like it. The Buffs, whom we abused last week, are exposing USC, while making our win over Colorado look even better... and the job our defense did, look even more amazing. 

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

There were already signs before the game that USC's defense had not improved significantly in any way since last season.  Oregon rag-dolled Colorado like a Doberman on a pork chop last Saturday.  Based on what I'm seeing so far, USC's defense is less Doberman and more mini-poodle.

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2

If usuc doesn’t score one more time I think the Buffs will this one. I guess they would put them back in the limelight enough we will all go blind from the glare.😎😎😎

Colorado has put more than 30 points up on USC. 

Sure USC scored more against Colorado than the Ducks last week but Oregon didn't need to score more either. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2023 at 11:59 AM, Desert Duck said:

That's why I like it. The Buffs, whom we abused last week, are exposing USC, while making our win over Colorado look even better.

I like how Buffs have responded to last week. Showing some grit. Secondary is getting destroyed but thebrest of the team is playing decent.

They have held SC to 91 on the ground. Have matched them in total yards. If it wasn't for 2 huge mistakes its a tie game

• Applause 1

With 12 minutes to go in the Colorado game, the Buffs have put up 34 points on USC. 

Last week, the Buffs didn't score on Oregon until we had our 3rd & 4th string players in with 2:51 to go in the game. 

Right now, our defense might just be downright scary. We'll certainly know more in a few hours. 

• Applause 1

On 9/30/2023 at 12:04 PM, kirklandduck said:

Oregon rag-dolled Colorado like a Doberman on a pork chop last Saturday.  

LOL. I hope you don't mind, but I'm flat out stealing this line 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't say USC beat the Buffs to this point. Buffs beat themselves to this point. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Fox Announcer: "That USC defense is just rock solid."

I believe that he's referring to the same defense that with 10 minutes to go in the game, has given up nearly 500 yards to Colorado. 

And Colorado currently has more total yards than USC. 

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/30/2023 at 12:09 PM, David Marsh said:

but Oregon didn't need to score more either. 

Exactly. And even with our 2nd and 3rd D in, Colorado didn't score until there was less than 3 minutes to go in the game. 

• Like 1

Colorado weak front 7 has two sacks. SC, as said above, exposed!

• Thumbs Up 2

How Cows! I don't care what the actual outcome ends up being, hands down, this is a Colorado win. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I can see Lou Holtz having a field day when his Irish play USC later this year. If he thinks Ohio State under Ryan Day has lost because of a lack of toughness. Look at Lincoln Riley's team in Norman and now L.A.

That defense has been exposed. Gotta give Deion a'lot of credit though. After last week and the first half today. Deion's son has outplayed Caleb by a wide margin in the second . To the Big 12, you better get them early next year.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/30/2023 at 12:37 PM, Desert Duck said:

How Cows! I don't care what the actual outcome ends up being, hands down, this is a Colorado win. 

If that game were 2 minutes longer USC might have lost.

• Thumbs Up 2

Colorado only loses to USC by 7. 

And USC has to play at Autzen this year... I'm so excited. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Thats an impresive response to last weeks loss to Oregon Colorado beat them selves today. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 9/30/2023 at 12:43 PM, kirklandduck said:

If that game were 2 minutes longer USC might have lost.

Or, if Colorado coaches hadn't screwed their team over on that last offensive series by blowing at least 2+ minutes off the clock.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

41 pts. Over 500 yds offense

USuC just made Oregon look really good.

I guess the CU hype train will continue to just keep rollin along.

I wonder if more teams will simply get rid of their players and rebuild through the portal.

Poorest clock management I’ve seen since MatinoO. 4 run plays when the Buffs were out of TOs. Horrible. Thank you Deon.

• Thumbs Up 1

And somehow. with USC winning due to 2 Colorado miscues, "Caleb Williams Balls Out", is the first headline I see... Didn't a Williams sack give Colorado the opportunity to score that last TD?

48-41 aint no beatdown!

• Like 1

Georgia better come to play. Auburn could give them hell. That a veteran D Auburn has. Could get interesting

On 9/30/2023 at 12:44 PM, Log Haulin said:

Thats an impresive response to last weeks loss to Oregon Colorado beat them selves today. 

I'm just downright impressed with the Buffs response today, especially given the merciless abuse we joyfully laid down on them last week.

That appears to be one resilient Colorado team.

And USC is gonna lose some games this season. In 2 weeks they're @ Notre Dame, then they've got Utah, and wrap the season up with UW, @ 

Oregon, & UCLA.

• Thumbs Up 1

It appears that our toughest opponent on the schedule is two weeks from today in Seattle. GO DUCKS and take care of business this afternoon in Palo Alto!

• Thumbs Up 2

I REALLY try not to get nauseous over how the national media fawns over the Trojans.

Almost as if they are trying to will USC into the CFP...

Coach Mullen finally mentioned that the only Pac-12 team that looks complete with a scary offense and good defense is Oregon.

Lincoln Riley must be kryptonite to defensive coordinators or something.

Edited by Ktmguy2018
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 12:46 PM, DanLduck said:

I guess the CU hype train will continue to just keep rollin along.

For me, the Buffs may have just stepped off the hype train. 

Hype doesn't put up 41 points, even on an overrated USC squad. 

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2023 at 12:52 PM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

It appears that our toughest opponent on the schedule is two weeks from today in Seattle. GO DUCKS and take care of business this afternoon in Palo Alto!

It's time to lay down some Oregon Lumber on the Trees.

• Go Ducks! 2

Wow, Auburn up 10-0 against Georgia at the end of the first quarter. Could Georgia actually be mortal this year?

Edited by CountryProf

5 things Oregon fans learned during No. 8 USC's win over Colorado

Colorado vs. Oregon and Colorado vs. USC... through three quarters of play each... side by side comparison:

F7S6ItkbUAAI5NP?format=png&name=900x900  F7S6EV9bEAA7aJQ?format=png&name=900x900

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon and USC have finally played a common opponent. So what did Duck fans learn during the Trojans’ 48-41 win over Colorado?

• Like 2

Either Colorado got better fast or USC is getting worse.  I opt for the latter.  Caleb says he's winning the Heisman a 2nd time, the National Title and then 8 Super Bowls. We'll see.

On 9/30/2023 at 1:23 PM, NJDuck said:

5 things Oregon fans learned during No. 8 USC's win over Colorado

Colorado vs. Oregon and Colorado vs. USC... through three quarters of play each... side by side comparison:

F7S6ItkbUAAI5NP?format=png&name=900x900  F7S6EV9bEAA7aJQ?format=png&name=900x900

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon and USC have finally played a common opponent. So what did Duck fans learn during the Trojans’ 48-41 win over Colorado?

Great stuff here from Canzano. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2023 at 12:12 PM, Desert Duck said:

LOL. I hope you don't mind, but I'm flat out stealing this line 😉

Since there's a little time before the Oregon game I fixed this up.  I used a labradoodle instead of a mini-poodle because it's even more comical....like the USC defense.

Quoting Charles, I never said I was noble...

image.thumb.jpeg.d0f3d6c1268e8521ac2e95ea013cc01e.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

Robby Ashford rushes for 6, AU up 7. Off a UGA turnover.