7.  ewe dub

8.  Ducks

9. sc

13. WSU

15. OSU

18. Utah

ucla got 18 more votes than CU's 1

They got it right in that we jumped sc.

We should be ahead of ewe dub based upon team stats, but I think they are looking as Penix stats.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/1/2023 at 12:51 PM, Steven A said:

7.  ewe dub

8.  Ducks

9. sc

13. WSU

15. OSU

18. Utah

ucla got 18 more votes than CU's 1

They got it right in that we jumped sc.

We should be ahead of ewe dub based upon team stats, but I think they are looking as Penix stats.

Yep.

If UW is so good, why has Penix had to play so much of the games?  Their SoS isn't any better than ours.

If we extrapolated Bo's stats for the same amount of playing time as Penix, they would be surprisingly close. Our Offensive stats would be ahead of UWs by a country mile.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Here's my conspiracy thought of the week.  O beats UW and O 'jumps' to 7.  UW beats O and they 'jump' to 4 or 5.  Just saying -

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2023 at 4:30 PM, Mic said:

Here's my conspiracy thought of the week.  O beats UW and O 'jumps' to 7.  UW beats O and they 'jump' to 4 or 5.  Just saying -

Probably right... 

We are flying under the radar and will get bumped up when we win but not as much as other teams. 

That's just fine because if we keep winning we'll be where we need to be through it all. 

Remember we are just starting the month of October.... lots of football to be played still. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/2/2023 at 7:30 PM, Mic said:

1. UGA - yes the schedule is easy but UGA will suffer a loss if it doesn't pick up its game on both sides of the ball. Auburn could not pass and still gained close to 200 yards on the ground.

2. Michigan and Ohio State will, of course, play one another in the last game of the regular season. And Penn State will test Ohio State in Columbus and be a very tough win for Michigan in front of a White Out crowd. And, I don't think Ohio State's game vs. Maryland and Tua's kid brother this Saturday will be a cakewalk. 

It would not shock me if PSU won the B1G E. If Notre Dame doesn't tank, a 1-loss Ohio State has a very good OOC win on the road. A 12-1 Michigan will not, if the Committee is at all objective, have a SOS close to that of a 12-1 Pac-12 champ. Michigan's OOC slate was embarrassing. 

3. Texas could have its hands full on Saturday in the Red River Rivalry. Will Texas not suffer a single letdown against B12 teams during the regular season? And Texas will likely have to face Oklahoma again in the B12 champ game. 12-1 conference champ Texas with a win at Bama is a playoff lock. Not so much a 12-1 Oklahoma that played thin air OOC.

5. Florida State will be favored in every game before the ACC title game and probably in the champ game, but FSU was fortunate to escape with a W vs. BC and if Clemson had a FG kicker FSU would have lost at Clemson. That win over LSU is not holding up. 

However, FSU misses UNC and gets Syracuse, Duke, and Miami at home. 

Like the AP Poll, I believe the Committee today would have 6 Pac-12 teams ranked. 7. SEC teams are ranked. 3-2 LSU being ranked 23 is a joke but one of LSU or 21 Mizzou, will lose when LSU plays at Mizzou on Saturday. I do not think that Tennessee will finish with only 1 loss. 

11 Bama (-3) has a tough game at A+M and 20 Kentucky ran roughshod over Florida. Will UGA be able to stop the Kentucky run game? 

Note to Kentucky DC - Triple team Brock Bowers.

I firmly believe that a 12-1 Pac-12 champ will be a playoff lock.

• Thumbs Up 3

A 1 loss team across all power 5 conferences with Oregon being one of them. Oregon is out.

If its any other Pac12 team then that Pac team is in. Oregon is the only team in College football that can't take a loss. Just reading the tea leaves.

• Oh no! 1
  • Wow 1

I am new to this forum. I am very excited about jumping USC and I wish the Fusky game was this weekend. Oregon has really improved over what we saw last year. October will define our season. I am looking forward to silencing all of my friends down south and up north!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wilner has Ducks No. 1 in Pac 12 rankings, below ewe dub in AP due to AP's rules (although not everyone abides by AP's stinkin rules [merely suggestions])

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2023 at 5:19 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I firmly believe that a 12-1 Pac-12 champ will be a playoff lock.

Yeah, they'd have to be.  And a second team might be too.  Remember, this is an expanded playoff this year and right now even the media are beginning to whisper that the Pac-12 just might be the best, (or most competitive) conference in the nation.  And I think they're right.

• Go Ducks! 1

No, this is not an expanded playoff this year,

• Great post! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Lou Holtz drops Ohio State five spots in his rankings after Buckeyes' bye week

WWW.FOXSPORTS.COM

Lou Holtz seemingly continued his feud with Ryan Day and Ohio State this past weekend, dropping the Buckeyes five spots in his rankings even though they were on a bye.

On 10/2/2023 at 5:26 PM, Log Haulin said:

A 1 loss team across all power 5 conferences with Oregon being one of them. Oregon is out.

I respectfully disagree. The ONLY B12 1-loss team that skips the Pac is Texas. And that 1 loss has to be a super close loss to OK, whom Texas then dismantles in the title game.

I’m not even sure that a 1-loss FSU champ skips OBD after all the games are played.

The Pac is finally getting some respect, and it’s not lost on me that it’s bc most of the Pac is _really_ in the B1G, ACC, and B12.

All that said, it assumes a non-Pac2 team wins the championship. I could definitely see the CFP committee snubbing the Pac2 despite the Pac being so strong.

• Applause 2

On 10/3/2023 at 6:21 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

he Pac is finally getting some respect, and it’s not lost on me that it’s bc most of the Pac is _really_ in the B1G, ACC, and B12.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

What’s disappointing is to see the top 3 B1G teams all ranked higher than every PAC12 team implying that B1G is head and shoulders above PAC12. At the same time all the pundits declare the PAC12 as the best conference this year. 

We’ll never fully know because the PAC12 will now start beating the crud out of each other while the talent gap between the top 3 B1G teams and the rest of their conference is so vast, they only have to worry about two conference games each year. It definitely puts the PAC at a disadvantage.

My prediction is that every team in the country has at least one loss heading into the bowl season with the exception of the B1G Champ unless those top 3 teams rock/paper/scissor each other which is possible if Penn St can finally get over the hump. 

Nobody likes to admit when they are wrong.

Preseason rankings                 Week 6 Rankings   

#2 Michigan                             #2 Michigan

#3 tOSU                                   #4 tOSU

#7 Penn St                               #6 Penn St.

#6 USC                                    #7 Washington

#10 Washington                       #8 Oregon

#15 Oregon                              #9 USC

Michigan has won by an average of nearly 30 points.

tOSU has beat a top 10 ranked team in ND.

Penn St. has won by an average of over 30 points.

Not easy moving teams ahead of other teams when everybody is winning and really doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Just saying

B1G TEN - 3 top 10 teams

PAC - 3 top 10 teams

SEC - 1 top 10 team

Big 12 - 1 top 10 team

ACC - 1 top 10 team

ND top 10 team

I'd say the PAC is well respected this season.  Oregon St. is ranked ahead of all 1 loss teams except Alabama and ND.

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2023 at 9:19 PM, Charles Fischer said:

No, this is not an expanded playoff this year,

You are correcto-mundo. My bad.  Should have done my research. Thanks, Charles.

On 10/4/2023 at 11:54 AM, Mic said:

You are correcto-mundo. My bad.  Should have done my research. Thanks, Charles.

Using the AP Poll and assuming that the field goes with 5 highest ranked champs and 7 at-large teams in the field, the B1G would have 6 teams in the 2024 playoff. Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, UW, OREGON, and USC. 

#2 Michigan as the presumptive B1G champ would have a 1st round bye along with SEC champ #1 Georgia, ACC champ #3 FSU, and #4 MW champ Washington State. #12 Utah would represent the B12 and knock out Alabama. 

Georgia and Texas would be the two SEC teams in the field. Notre Dame would be in the field as an independent.

The 6/6 to 5/7 change is likely with a Pac-2 and AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco in favor of the move to 5/7. 

#10 OREGON's 1st round game would be at #7 Penn State. Bring your long underwear. 

My guess, come 2026, when ESPN loses its exclusive playoff broadcast rights, a spot for the highest-ranked G5 champ will be preserved but otherwise, the field will be ranked as ranked by the Committee.

I also think we will see a 16-team field with no 1st round byes. The season for all teams would start on what is now Week 0.