David Marsh

Let's Discuss: Today's Other Games of Interest! (Spoilers)

Cam McCormick was like “Why is everyone so mad?”

• Haha 2

Arizona is playing to win right now. They are going after USC. 

They are getting pressure on Williams which makes me feel pretty good for Oregon's chances against USC later. 

Though at this rate USC may not be ranked. 

I have the ACC Network. Mark Richt was not kind in his analysis during the post game show.

• Haha 1

It’s one thing to keep running the ball when you should kneel. But giving up a 4 play, 74 yard drive in 24 seconds is  borderline point shaving.

• Haha 1

I see Justin Flowe is still an idiot who can't control himself from hitting the QB late.  

Absolutely horrendous decision, basically gifted USC a TD.

• Whew! 1
  • Haha 1

Watching the Cal game thanking all the gods that Justin Wilcox is not our coach. Invisible defense and Mario like in game coaching.

• Like 1

What is this “wrist” phenomenon? I don’t recall this fine young man doing this at Autzen Stadium.

IMG_2531.jpeg

A couple of comments:

First, for the first time this season Georgia looked like Georgia. They got off to a fast start offensively (about time) and they throughly outmuscled the second most physical team in the SEC. I had said that I thought Carson Beck grew up in the second half of the game at Auburn last week, and he was as poised and confident today as a three-year starter. And Kentucky is a good defensive team to boot.

Second, a guy on the same "other games" thread on Talking Dawgs site this evening remarked Cristobal's decision not to take a knee, run the clock and win the game was the most incompetent decision I have witnessed in more than 30 years as a college fan". "Have you ever seen anything, anywhere, as bad as this by a coach"? I quickly posted "Yes, while watching Oregon Ducks football when he was coaching there." It was unbelievable--some guys never learn! And be so very thankful that you were able to upgrade.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

It's one thing to do it once as a coach, it's quite another to not learn from such an awful decision, I can't even begin to understand how you can't make the decision to kneel the ball.  There are plenty of times you can understand a coach taking a radical decision as being aggressive (going for it on 4th down, going for two, all out blitz), this though is none of that, and if it's about developing a "toughness" culture, than that is just egotistic and self-destructive to the extreme.

Seems AZ is running out of gas. Their defense isn't talented and disciplined enough to execute all game. Those penalties are killing them right now.

Flowe has always made bonehead plays.  Not the highest football IQ on the planet

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 11:45 PM, kirklandduck said:

USC/AZ is a very interesting game right now.  Wildcats are really taking it them 17-7 right now.

The Wildcats are a scrappy bunch. Despite Caleb's best efforts, Zona just tied it up: 28-28. Fifita has no quit in him and I'm pulling for them. 

I'm going to have fun reading the USC home page tomorrow...

If Arizona would stop getting PAC12 reffed, this would be a different game.

• Applause 1

That was a crap late hit call on caleb

USC is garbage. Not impressed. They will lose 3-4 by end of regular season. 

• Thumbs Up 1

USC screwed up the chip field goal. OT.

Fisch is an absolute doorknob at game management. OMG. All they had to do was run the football and keep it in bounds for the rest of the drive. Instead the QB is hucking deep passes, and ends up settling on a 50 yard field goal his kicker can't make. And give the ball back to Caleb Williams with 2 minutes left.

But as I type this USC muffs the winning field goal. OMG.

Bad play by PAC12 this week perhaps with the exception of the Beavers.

Edited by Solar

I am getting Cotton Bowl flashbacks and am loving every minute of it.

USC is not a serious team.

Riley is not a serious head coach.

Caleb Williams is the most dangerous scorer in college football. Fortunately, USC's defense isn't very good. We'll find out.

• Go Ducks! 1

Okie should move to 8 Ducks 7 and USC drop to 10

AZ should have gone for 2 in the first OT . . .

21 pt dog on the road to the about-to-no-longer-be- the-No. 10 team.

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Mario Cristobal may have just made one of the worst in-game mistakes we've seen by a college football coach.

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck! Fool me once, OK? But fool me twice and who's the fool? Mario is too young to forget what happened just a few years back. At least I think so, maybe, huh?

On 10/7/2023 at 10:58 PM, Log Haulin said:

USC is garbage. Not impressed. They will lose 3-4 by end of regular season. 

It's going to be the battle of the defenses. If which USC doesn't have one. 

Oregon is going to get plenty of pressure on USC by only rushing four. And our runningbacks are going to have lots of fun.

The thing is that Williams might win another Heisman because he needs constant heroics which is is capable of. 

• Go Ducks! 1

I had to add this Tweet from the article Jon posted. One of my favorite Seinfeld episodes. It’s fitting because George was getting fired in this scene.