kirklandduck

What Was Scott Frost Doing There?

Could be he was just bored and wanted to catch a game...or not?

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Scott Frost was back at Oregon on Saturday to see the Ducks' 38-24 win over Washington State.

• Wow 1

Yikes! I hope he wasn’t interviewing for a job.

Can’t stand that guy.

EDIT: I could stand Frost as an analyst.

On 10/21/2023 at 7:12 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

Yikes! I hope he wasn’t interviewing for a job.

Can’t stand that guy.

EDIT: I could stand Frost as an analyst.

Yeah, he's been job-less since getting fired partway through last season.  I don't think DL's going to replace Will Stein, though it's definitely a possibility that he could be picked up as an offensive analyst.  Stein could use a seasoned hand giving him pointers.

• Applause 1

Thought it was interesting, and he’s definitely not just there to watch football. I really wanted to see him succeed at Nebraska, and I wouldn’t hate it if he came back to help with the offense! 

• Yikes! 1

UW may be shopping...

Maybe there's a GA position open?

Maybe was a guest of Tuioti.  Tuioti coached for him and Casey Rogers played under him.

I bet he asked if he could call one play, and it was to throw the ball on third down on our last possession.

• Haha 2

On 10/21/2023 at 11:52 PM, 2002duck said:

I bet he asked if he could call one play, and it was to throw the ball on third down on our last possession.

Though funny ... 

I hate to say it but that's something our current coaches need to stop getting cute with.

They did it against Washington when we had a lead and just needed to burn the clock out to win it. They passed it and it was not a great designed pass play either. 

• Thumbs Up 1

GA position only, you have to be able to recruit to coach at Oregon.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Maybe he could help Ty Thompson get his head on straight and coach him up as Oregon's QB coach/mentor for a couple seasons.  I wouldn't mind that - if Lanning feels he's needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe he wanted to see for himself that you really CAN recruit to Oregon.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would actually support the football program collaborating with Frost as a consultant on the move to the BIG. He may have useful insight on how the new conference operates, pitfalls to avoid, recruiting areas, etc. The new conference will come with an adjustment to their culture to an extent and I would imagine the existing teams will want to stick it to the new guys as much as possible. I would expect the conference to be protecting tOSU and Michigan at all costs and I think useful to pick his brain on how to fight on equal terms from the jump. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 10/22/2023 at 5:55 PM, CashDuck said:

I would actually support the football program collaborating with Frost as a consultant on the move to the BIG. He may have useful insight on how the new conference operates, pitfalls to avoid, recruiting areas, etc. The new conference will come with an adjustment to their culture to an extent and I would imagine the existing teams will want to stick it to the new guys as much as possible. I would expect the conference to be protecting tOSU and Michigan at all costs and I think useful to pick his brain on how to fight on equal terms from the jump. 

Good Point. I think we find a spot for him like Riley did for Kliff Klingsbury

Frost was not well liked within the confines of the HDC so there’s that.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/22/2023 at 11:08 PM, Solar said:

Good Point. I think we find a spot for him like Riley did for Kliff Klingsbury

Scott Frost is probably my least favorite. If you want someone to guide you into the B1G, get someone in a more successful program instead of a losing one! Oregon doesn't owe Frost anything, certainly not a position on the staff. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I would be very surprised to see him return to Oregon.   Not saying I have ANY insights but I would be surprised.  

Dan seems to have a certain profile he looks for in assistants and while I certainly don't know his full criteria, it just strikes me that Frost would not be a fit.  

Frost always viewed himself as the smartest man in the room and I can't help but think that would not fly with Dan.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/23/2023 at 8:16 AM, Augduck said:

Frost was not well liked within the confines of the HDC so there’s that.

Sorry, these acronyms are killing me.

HDC?

On 10/23/2023 at 4:49 PM, DUCKED said:

Sorry, these acronyms are killing me.

HDC?

Hatfield-Dowling Complex.

It was originally named after Len Casanova, (incredible Oregon coach) but they realized that calling ground zero for Oregon football, "the Casanova Complex" would not be ideal.

Hatfield-Dowling Complex

Hatfield-Dowlin Complex Oregon's University | ZGF Architects - Arch2O.com

Len Casanova

Len Casanova – Coaching | Oregon Sports Hall of Fame & Museum

Mr. FishDuck

What’s wrong with the Casanova Complex? Everyone of us is the greatest Ducks lover of all time, right?

Edited by Washington Waddler
extra word
  • Applause 1