Log Haulin

FishDuck Post Game Show

Lets move game comments here. So much to talk about. What an impressive victory

• Thumbs Up 1

I am salivating for the U$C game—it could be a bloodbath.

Whoever said on another thread that in the game against U$C, “Utah didn’t find its offense, it found U$C’s defense,” is a genius.

We can’t overlook Cal, though, it will likely be more competitive than U$C.

• Go Ducks! 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Most impressive stat for me was the Ducks OLine gave up no sacks and 1 tackle for loss. Game ball for me goes to the O line.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

Imp re essive stat, Ducks held Utes to 99 yards on the ground. 2.8 ypc. At one point in the 3rd it was 1.3 ypc. 

Comming in we Knew Utes would have to run to be successful. Just a great job by Lupoi and Lanning scheming this up. 

Defensive execution was outstanding

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

On 10/28/2023 at 3:55 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

I am salivating for the U$C game—it could be a bloodbath.

Whoever said on another thread that in the game against U$C, “Utah didn’t find its offense, it found U$C’s defense,” is a genius.

Cal leading SC 36-29 late in the 3rd

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2023 at 3:56 PM, Just Ducky said:

Most impressive stat for me was the Ducks OLine gave up no sacks and 1 tackle for loss. Game ball for me goes to the O line.

Great catch. Utes has 25 sacks coming in. Just a heroic effort by the O line.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2023 at 3:58 PM, Desert Duck said:

Cal leading SC 36-29 late in the 3rd

I hope Cal wins...It will keep OBD focused

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

I'm not an expert lip reader, but I could swear TT mouthed "just give me a pass play" there in the final minutes. 

On 10/28/2023 at 4:09 PM, Krsmqn said:

I'm not an expert lip reader, but I could swear TT mouthed "just give me a pass play" there in the final minutes. 

IMO, Lanning should have played Ty on the previous drive. No way was Utah goung to put 7 on the board today. D was to dominant.

On 10/28/2023 at 4:09 PM, Krsmqn said:

Followed by Lanning saying, "Next season."

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon played as well as they have on the road, in a tough environment, against a good, physical and well-coached Utah team. Dan Lanning said it was the first game that the team played a full 60 minutes.  Next up, Cal.

I wish Utah well the rest of the way.  They have a classy program.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ducks held Utes to 241 yards of total Offense. I was suspect of Utahs O but never saw the domination Ducks layed on them today.

Denied them the TD. Utes never threatened the goal line. Got inside the redzone but it never felt like they had a chance to cross the goal line.

Butch and Sundance were from Utah right . . . someone brought a knife (dull one at that) to a gun fight.

My game plan, on fire out of the gate, and lots of blitz's.  I would say the rest of our coming opponents will pause when stepping on the field when playing these Ducks.

The other problem is these Ducks are getting better each week. Nix wasn't rattled at all with all the false starts, just kept leading the team. Our defense was never rattled by a first down, just kept after the young qb. I think I might have sensed a little chaos defense, like it, actually loved it!

Utah is a good team, but were no match for the Ducks today.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 2

On 10/28/2023 at 5:11 PM, Haywarduck said:

My game plan, on fire out of the gate, and lots of blitz's.  I would say the rest of our coming opponents will pause when stepping on the field when playing these Ducks.

The other problem is these Ducks are getting better each week. Nix wasn't rattled at all with all the false starts, just kept leading the team. Our defense was never rattled by a first down, just kept after the young qb. I think I might have sensed a little chaos defense, like it, actually loved it!

Utah is a good team, but were no match for the Ducks today.

Nix was in total control today. He displayed complete ownership of the Duck offense. If that isn't Heisman, I don't really know what is.

The Ducks opening drive set the tone.  On that first drive, Oregon did whatever they wanted and it really laid the foundation for the game. I think it broke the spirit of Utah a little and then the floodgates opened.

The Ducks defense was incredible.  They were prepared and focused.  

I really believe that the team has bought into Lannings "Our next opponent is Oregon" philosophy.  This team seems physically and emotionally resilient, not something I would have said about past years.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

Are there any stat geeks out there who know the last time OR held THREE opponents to under 7 points in a season? Let alone in only 8 games?

Also, Portland State scored more on the Ducks than Prime, Ferd, and Utah did.

Just sayin…

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2023 at 7:42 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

Are there any stat geeks out there who know the last time OR held THREE opponents to under 7 points in a season? Let alone in only 8 games?

Just sayin…

IDK but Ducks defensive rankings should take a good jump forward.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 5:16 PM, Log Haulin said:

Nix was in total control today. He displayed complete ownership of the Duck offense. If that isn't Heisman, I don't really know what is.

My guess is that because our offense is so incredibly balanced, that Bo will be penalized for that in regards to the Heisman. 

Which would be totally wrong and a shame. 

Just sayin…

Surprisingly, we don't have to go back very far at all to answer your question. In 2019, we started off with 4 of our first 6 games holding the opposition to 6 points or less.

And even more amazing, in 5 of the first 6 games that year, we held our opponent to 7 points or less. And in the second half of that season, we held one more team to just 7 points. 

Btw, our first game of that 2019 season was against Auburn in Dallas where we lost 21-27. Anyone happen to remember who Auburn's freshman quarterback was?

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Applause 1

Just sayin…

And I had to look back further to see prior to 2019 when was the last time Oregon held 3 or more opponents to 6 points or less.

1961. 62 years ago. We held 4 opponents to 6 points or less. But that was way back when offenses scored nowhere near the points like teams do today. 

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Applause 1

On 10/28/2023 at 5:58 PM, Desert Duck said:

The Cal-USC game was exceptionally sloppy on both sides, but especially with Cal. Cal was often leading by a TD (or more, IIRC). The USC RB Marshawn (?) was critical to SC because he never quit until he was completely tackled - he went through numerous arm tackles. But,Cal and USC had more fumbles and loose balls than I can recall ever seeing in a PAC 12 football game in the last 6-7 years. But, after Cal fell behind, the Cal QB never quit, and he just kept passing or running the ball until Cal scored. Then, Cal decided to go for the win, but appeared to have not practiced such a play (or, perhaps they finally became ineptizoids).

OBD can definitely beat Cal, but don't under-rate them. Cal seemed to be so resilient against USC, but the USC defense was often unable to get off blocks and to then solidly tackle, and it caused me to give the Cal QB a lot more credit than he may have deserved. Another high performer was Cal's RB, Jadyn Ott (Sp?), but the gaps between the USC DE and DT were sizable and USC DLine and LBs seemed like they had never heard of sealing the edge (a gap between the right D-end and D-Tackle seemed to be often open).

One would have to watch the game (suggest an abbreviated version) to believe you are watching two 2023 PAC-12 FB teams play. There was no such thing as a solid tackle that I can recall - arm tackles galore. We should want to beat the pants off both of these teams, but we cannot play down to their level. Our Ducks greatest opponent is Oregon. Put on a clinic, and win these games going away.

VR, KCDuck1

Edited by KCDuck1
  • Thumbs Up 1