David Marsh

Wondering Where Kris Hutson Has Been?

247SPORTS.COM

Senior safety Steve Stephens IV says Kris Hutson has done a great job with the scout team of preparing...

Scout team apparently... He's played in 3 games so he has his redshirt and I fully expect him to transfer at the end of the season. 

But talk about the depth at receiver when a starter like Hutson gets lost in the depth. Hutson has been fairly solid the past few years and he just disappeared from the rotation this year. Probably in part his own decision in wanting to transfer after being beat out in the rotation. 

But also look at his continued buy in this season. He is working with the scout team when he was a starter thr past few years. If his intention was to transfer then he could have easily.just given up on the team but he's still there working and working a job that doesn't get noticed. 

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 7

I was wondering about him and Delgado. They can't even get on the field in a blow out. 

To me, you have to honor their efforts on the scout team by throwing them a bone during mop up duty. But again, this is from my very distant perspective...its tough to criticize this staff considering their success.

I can imagine that when my stud QB advocates for and ultimately lands his brother at my position, I might look elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/9/2023 at 6:47 PM, Legion said:

I was wondering about him and Delgado. They can't even get on the field in a blow out. 

To me, you have to honor their efforts on the scout team by throwing them a bone during mop up duty. But again, this is from my very distant perspective...its tough to criticize this staff considering their success.

Delgado has been injured by the sound of it.

Hutson has appeared in three games. I think he wants to keep his red shirt so might appear in one more. 

I mean I imagine he's good enough to be in rotation overall but he wouldn't see a ton of minutes because of the overall depth otherwise. So I think it's red shirtinn related to transfer at seasons end. I could be wrong though. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/9/2023 at 6:58 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

I can imagine that when my stud QB advocates for and ultimately lands his brother at my position, I might look elsewhere.

Regardless of the familial connection, Tez is a major upgrade over Hutson as a receiver.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Could be Tez just won the position outright and Kris is wanting to preserve his red-shirt. either to play again next year as a Duck (Troy Franklin my leave) or transfer. His production on the Scout team is both a testament to his willingness to help his team but also his smarts because he probably knows he's got to progress and learn more, get better, stay sharp, if he's to generate the interest needed to have another good team want him.

I wonder if Kenny Dillingham would be interested in having him come play for ASU and if so, if Kris would be willing to go to a team in the rebuilding stage?  I'd rather he stay at Oregon and be a Duck for the remainder of his career.  He could still be very productive for them.

Edited by Mic
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2023 at 8:22 AM, Mic said:

Kenny Dillingham would be interested in having him come play for ASU and if so, if Kris would be willing to go to a team in the rebuilding stage?  I'd rather he stay at Oregon and be a Duck for the remainder of his career.  He could still be very productive for them.

If he stays with the Ducks through this season he may get a ring or two for being apart of the team.

But I think if he wants to get the primary target or at least a top target for a team and make a run at the draft he may want to go to a team with a bit of a rebuild but with a solid quarterback and offense to get him seen. 

ASU wouldn't be a bad option for him in that regard. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a good thought...ASU wouldn't be a bad option...he has some experience in Dillie's system.

Also, it would help out Lanning by freeing up a scholarship (I feel bad even saying things like that, but that's just college football nowadays).

I think Troy is definitely off to the League. Especially with Bo out of eligibility. 

Still hard to fathom that Bo started for Auburn in the first game of his true frosh season and threw the Tigers winning TD.

On 11/10/2023 at 1:37 PM, Legion said:

Also, it would help out Lanning by freeing up a scholarship (I feel bad even saying things like that, but that's just college football nowadays).

Yes it is. and that's the sad reality these days. Whatever Kris does, I wish him well and good luck.  It would still be nice to see him remain a Duck.

'Cold hard truth, you're not going to start, and if you want a recommendation, don't want to sit in the portal like a lot of guys, you better keep working hard and I'll tell anyone who asks exactly what you have done if you transfer at the end of the season, your choice.'

One could question Tuioti's and Martin's son's getting scholarships, but they have been studly on the field. Same question could have been posed about Tez getting a scholarship, but he has been an effort guy.

Kudos to the coaches for dancing a tough line with scholarship choices, and playing time. The culture at Oregon is remarkable, and the effort awesome by all. We have a bunch of very talented individuals playing like a team, well done!

Big props to Kris Hutson.  It would have been easy for him to quit when he lost his starting spot but he hung around and is finding a way to make the team better, while also working on his game.

I wish him nothing but the best.

• Thumbs Up 2