Charles Fischer

WeAreSC Site: 'This Has SLAUGHTER Written All Over It'

There were some interesting quotes from the video below--some that dropped my jaw...that I'd thought I'd never hear from USC faithful.

They feel the best way to win is ball control and shorten the number of possessions, and stay close to Oregon until the fourth quarter.  Then win it with their passing precision.  They view the Washington game different than we do, as they think they should have won it.

"A fumble, and one sustained drive by SC that did not result in points. That was the difference, is all, against Washington. If those two drives end differently, then the game end differently."

Going into this game: "Getting to the Pac-12 Championship is conceivable."

They do get realistic about their chances in the video, but feel the new DCs at USC can, "make Oregon earn it. They will try to not give up the wide open stuff on the LOS. The new DCs can make it so Oregon will have to block us."

My head just about twisted off hearing that. They acknowledge how defenders are not even there at the LOS at times, and their goal is to make Oregon have to block them?  Whew!

"Lanning is going for the jugular; he is going to try to score 100 points to make a recruiting statement."  Yeah...it is gonna suck to be you.

I enjoyed this way-too-much!

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I hope that the Oregon AD expanded the scoreboards to add a 3rd digit this week…

On 11/11/2023 at 1:13 PM, Charles Fischer said:

“Lanning is going for the jugular; he is going to try to score 100 points to make a recruiting statement." 

• Like 1

I will accept nothing less than the complete annihilation of USC tonight. Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, as long as Oregon wins, I'm happy.  🙂💚

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oregon 56 USC 6, enough said

Just win, Oregon. Please, just win.  

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

After seeing the tape of the Washington game, this game looks more dangerous than I thought. 

If Williams can keep plays alive for 6 seconds, they have a chance to score on every possession, even against a good defense. 

I would love a blowout, but I will be happy with a win in which Oregon has "control" for the last 40 minutes or so. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I’m as excited about this game as you guys are!!!  I would love the see Oregon run USC out of the Stadium!  Sometimes it’s hard for me to stay up for the late game, being on the east coast.  Won’t have that problem tonight with the Ducks playing!

GO DUCKS!!!

• Thanks 1

Oregons balanced offensive attack is going to give USC a few choices. 

1. Sell out to stop the run ... And get beat by Nix passing it all day. 

2. Sell out to stop the pass ... And Bucky Irving has an amazing day. 

3. Try and stop both... And Oregon does what we it wants. 

I'm hoping that Oregon puts up at least 60 on the... But I dream of 70. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2023 at 6:03 PM, SoGaDawg said:

I’m as excited about this game as you guys are!!!  I would love the see Oregon run USC out of the Stadium!  Sometimes it’s hard for me to stay up for the late game, being on the east coast.  Won’t have that problem tonight with the Ducks playing!

GO DUCKS!!!

I got up at 3am, I am fading already. I hope the Duck end it Q1 so I can go to bed

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/11/2023 at 9:26 PM, Log Haulin said:

I got up at 3am, I am fading already. I hope the Duck end it Q1 so I can go to bed

It’s possible, if the play close to their A game. 

This game is really hard to read.  My guess (fear) is it's going to go down to the wire with USC's offense breaking the Duck's D and USC's D rising up and playing just inspired enough to let USC hang around with the opportunity to snatch the game away at the very end.

Or it could be a repeat of what ND did to them earlier this season.

That's what you get with an insanely 1-dimensional team that is really, really good at one thing (scoring) and really, really bad at the other (defense).  Even a slight departure from either norm has massive impact on how the game will go. 

Oregon pulls away in the 4th. Puddles better get ready for some pushups. Oregon 56 USC 30.

Don't count your Ducks before ...

Good thing Lewis wasn't as directionally challenged as the Ducks Lewis or Lewis and Clark may never have made it to Oregon.

You had 1 job! Free tuition, room, board, and maybe NIL for this? Come On Man!

I get no kick out of you!

On 11/11/2023 at 11:24 PM, Jon Joseph said:

You had 1 job! ...

Well, actually, he has three jobs: kickoffs, PATs, and field goals. But, yeah.

• Yikes! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Fortunately, Camden's miss didn't cost the Ducks the game, just 3 points.  Bo Nix also missed Terrence Ferguson wide open heading unimpeded for the end zone and threw to Tez Johnson instead, who muffed the catch.  This game was never gonna be a "slaughter" because the Ducks themselves weren't up to the slaughtering.  

Maybe they'll be in the mood for one against ASU but ASU might not be in the mood for it any more than USC was.  Football is funny that way.

Edited by Mic

On 11/11/2023 at 4:44 PM, Triphibius said:

After seeing the tape of the Washington game, this game looks more dangerous than I thought. 

If Williams can keep plays alive for 6 seconds, they have a chance to score on every possession, even against a good defense. 

I would love a blowout, but I will be happy with a win in which Oregon has "control" for the last 40 minutes or so. 

Monday morning and now we can look back and summarize.  

It turned out to be anything but a rout, tho it certainly looked like it might be after those 1st two possessions.  Williams did keep the plays alive for way too long, though O did get some good sacks and forced a few throw-aways.  And to your last line, the Ducks did have control for the last Qtr. although if Camden hadn't missed that FG it would have been a lot more comfortable for fans.  

This is the 1st game in a while the Ducks failed to cover.  I see a difficult game ahead even though ASU has been struggling (but on a roll beating UCLA) and I see a Civil War game that is going to be a toss-up.  If the Ducks are favored by more than -3 I'd be skeptical.  OSU could definitely ruin Oregon's playoff hopes if Oregon doesn't clean up the penalties.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Eeyore.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Ducks were up 36-14 when they stopped a 4th and 4 at mid field. Then the Pac 12 refs showed up and went all Pac12 ref.

• Thumbs Up 5

USC is 7-4 with Caleb Williams. Without Caleb?

OREGON recruiting has produced much better players on both LOS.

UCLA vs. USC is the Disappointment Bowl. UCLA is 6-4 with 3 OOC cupcakes no OREGON and no UW. I would not be surprised if Cal hands Chip a loss and Wilcox saves his job.

• Thumbs Up 2

There were multiple chances for Oregon to break the game wide open but they just kept stepping on their own toes (aside from that blasphemous phantom PI call).  The OL really seemed out of sorts with so many penalties, seems to be a recurring theme for them (particularly in higher pressure games).