MrBrooks

Some Favorite Beaver Memories?

There must be someone on here, I bet there are a lot,  that remembers Daily Immorald articles about Joe "Avocado"  during Civil War week?  

Winner is the the PAC 10 Champ and goes to the Rose Bowl.

Anytime we can break the rodent fans hearts is always high on the list of good memories. 

• Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Almost forgot…back to back years we shatter rodent dreams of a Rose Bowl. 

• Cool 1
  • Great post! 2

2017!  Coach was forgettable but the game wasn't.

69-10.

• Thumbs Up 1

The lady Oregon State fan screaming in the background really made this for me!

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

There have been many great Civil War games, but after all of these years, the one that I sadly cannot forget -- and believe me, I've tried, is that miserable game in 1983 and the 0-0 tie. 

It was a cold, crappy weather day, and we were about to leave at halftime, but sadly, decided to stick around just to see what would happen. That was a mistake. 

But what a difference a few decades make 😉. Over the past 15 years, we're 12-2 against the RiverRats. After this Friday, 13-2.

GO DUCKS!

• Thumbs Up 1

My favorite Beaver memories:  Well, I'd have to say watching the "Great Pumpkin' roaming the sidelines.  I kinda miss 'ol Dee Andros.  He was Oregon's watered-down version of Mike Leach. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing compares to the 2008 Jerimiah Johnson beat down of "Rose Bowl bound" OAC in the freshly-named Reser Rodeo Arena.

At age 59, and having seen every (and remembering most) Civil War games since the early-ish 70's, that game was soooooooo gooooooood.

I was sitting on my couch in suburban Washington, DC that night laughing.  Laughing more than I have laughed before or since.

Masoli, Jerimiah Johnson, Blount, Boyett.  These guys do not get enough run in modern day discussions among Duck fans.  In a lot of ways these guys were the OG's of the program we enjoy today.

What a final conference game for the OG of the OG's:  Coach MB.  Chip had a small part in that triumph too.

This game surpasses the Wisconsin Rose Bowl, the Colorado Fiesta, and the Florida State RB IMO.  Sheer joy.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Civil War  Highlights 2009 at Autzen Stadium.  Oregon 37 - Oregon State 33

• Salute 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

How bout Jorgy's TD to Osborn Thomas to pull out a 7-6 victory in great style.

• Applause 1

On 11/22/2023 at 6:07 AM, Desert Duck said:

There have been many great Civil War games, but after all of these years, the one that I sadly cannot forget -- and believe me, I've tried, is that miserable game in 1983 and the 0-0 tie. 

It was a cold, crappy weather day, and we were about to leave at halftime, but sadly, decided to stick around just to see what would happen. That was a mistake. 

But what a difference a few decades make 😉. Over the past 15 years, we're 12-2 against the RiverRats. After this Friday, 13-2.

GO DUCKS!

I was also at that game till the end.  As I recall the last play of the game Oregon ran a hook & lateral and got ran out at about the 13 yard line as time expired.  We've "come a long way baby!" (showing my age reference there)

• Great post! 1

On 11/22/2023 at 7:53 AM, Mic said:

He was Oregon's watered-down version of Mike Leach. 

Okay... that's just awesome right there. 😆 

And yes, I miss him too. 

• Cool 1

On 11/22/2023 at 8:14 AM, DC Featherbutt said:

Nothing compares to the 2008 Jerimiah Johnson beat down of "Rose Bowl bound" OAC in the freshly-named Reser Rodeo Arena.

I ended up going to this game with my grade school friend's father. He is a great guy and it's such a fond memory. In fact, you've reminded me that I need to reach out to him and say hello.

Not to mention that it was just one heluva game for all of the reasons you mentioned and more.

But Masoli trucking that Beaver over and into tomorrow, is still the one that jumps out to me the most. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

My first civil war was 1963 at Hayward field.  Ducks, behind Bob Berry, killed the Beavers 31-14.......and Mel Renfro didn't even play.  I'm always concerned that the barkrats come up with a superhuman effort and find a way to prevail.  So many great memories through the years....

Go ducks and cream em Friday

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

These games are always tough and OSU was always a worthy opponent.  They broke the hearts of a lot of Duck fans and the Ducks broke the hearts of a lot of Beaver fans.  And now it's time to break their little Beaver hearts some more.  Go Oregon!

• Thumbs Up 1

Back when I was still in high school, the beavis players were trying to pick up the Great Pumpkin (for a shoulder ride), and failed to keep his patookis off the pavement... does that count?

Edited by woundedknees
  • Applause 1

My favorite was 2010 at Reser.

It is the only Civil War I have attended in person. My wife and I returned from our Hawaii vacation that day, and just made it in time for the start of the game.

Very first play for OSU resulted in a sack by Casey Mathews. A nice start.

We won 37 - 10 and went to the first BCS championship game against Auburn. 

After the game, we stood at center field and took a selfie standing on the Beaver.

All in all, a great memory.

I posted this in another thread. My personal favorite play against Oregon State was Keenan Howry’s punt return for a TD.  It was a miserable day and both offenses were struggling.  Oregon was down by 3 at the start of the fourth quarter, until...

Immediately after Howry's TD, the rain started to come down even harder to the cheers of the Oregon fans at Autzen. It was like we were getting a little assist from someone up above.  

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

However, this moment was pretty special for the program and still brings tears to my eyes...

On 11/22/2023 at 5:53 PM, OregonDucks said:

However, this moment was pretty special for the program and still brings tears to my eyes...

I was there!

It was wonderful !!

Any time they are humiliated, and especially when they humiliate themselves.

psst-al-does-your-bra-ride-up-on-you-too.jpg.webp

• Haha 1

My favorite memory...2023.  When a new look, new attitude Ducks team showed the Beavers why they are in the Pac-2.

On 11/22/2023 at 10:46 AM, NJDuck said:

Civil War  Highlights 2009 at Autzen Stadium.  Oregon 37 - Oregon State 33

I miss this guys posts.  Best coverage back in the day!