GatOrlando

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I'm Grateful...

For this being the last year of the four team playoff.  The debate of Texas or Alabama. Best one loss squad. What are all of you thankful for?

*Of course I have personal thanks, but this is a football board. I hope you and your's have a safe, happy holiday today.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 3

Happy Thanksgiving, ladies and gentlemen!

May the football gods provide a feast for all Duck fans!

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

Football-wise: grateful for Dan Lanning and all his coaching staff.  Greatful for the wonderful season the Ducks have had so far.  Grateful for everyone on this board and for Charles and his friends making this a fun place to post and learn about football.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 4

This,

images-1.jpeg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 5:52 AM, Mic said:

Football-wise: grateful for Dan Lanning and all his coaching staff.  Greatful for the wonderful season the Ducks have had so far.  Grateful for everyone on this board and for Charles and his friends making this a fun place to post and learn about football.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

All of the above!

And I'm thankful for family gatherings, flight delays, ER visits after the morning "touch" football game and bickering over when to take the turkey out.

Overcooked turkey, three cousins that brought cranberry sauce and none a decent salad, nephews and nieces that will only eat drumstick and weird 2nd cousin Hubert insisting that everyone try his Rocky Mountain Oyster stuffing.

Far left uncle Fred and far right uncle Louie that just can't keep political opinions to themselves. Hearing about Aunt Tillie's colon operation at the table, for the fifth year in a row. Discovering that grandma Ethyl's teeth have gone missing in the mashed potatoes. And having to hide the Chianti from your half-in-the-bag step brother before he gets unruly again.

And I'm particularly thankful that this holiday comes only once a year, that the next day they have all gone back home, and that it is time to watch the Ducks kick some river rat butt!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 5
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Like 2

I'm thankful that my wife is in labor with our third baby! I'm going to have to order Ducks gear for my kids to wear and post a pic on the forum.

I'm also thankful for getting to take life lessons from how Dan Lanning leads the Ducks and the knowledge from this forum. 

P.S. Contractions are still super far apart... so I'm not being a bad husband by being on the forum haha. 

• Cool 1
  • Wow 2
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 11/23/2023 at 7:41 AM, WaterPoloDuck said:

P.S. Contractions are still super far apart... so I'm not being a bad husband by being on the forum haha. 

Sure you are.  The last thing your wife probably wants right now is her husband hovering over her while this important process begins. But stay close!  Oh, yeah. Stay close!  

Congratulations and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Bring in the New Year with a New Duck fan.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 7:41 AM, WaterPoloDuck said:

Whoa, will there be a tv in the delivery room if the big day is tomorrow?!  😄

Congrats WPD.

• Haha 1

Best advice, bring bagpipes to any family gathering. If anyone brings up a controversial topic, begins to pour that one too many, or just about anything you don't want, threaten to play the bagpipe.

giphy.gif

Thankful for a healthy family, friends that overlook my shortcomings, and one damn tough football team that makes me proud to be a Duck. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I like Thanksgiving. I hate Thanksgiving 

I like it because of gathering family and giving thanks for abundant blessings.  Yay Thanksgiving.

I hate Thanksgiving because of the yearly stoppage of relevant message board activity for 3 days.  No news.  No opinions.  No love.  No hate.  Just a desert of inactivity with a few holiday greetings sprinkled in.  Boo Thanksgiving.

We are in the middle of the juiciest time of year:  meaningful games, playoff fights, COACHES MOVING, hating the SEC, and peeing in stadium concourses.  We need a constant flow mainlined straight to the biggest vein, not Nurse Ratchett monitoring our morphine.

This year’s Thanksgiving menu:

Sides:

cranberry sauce (aka what is going on with Chip)

green beans with mushroom soup goo (sure glad we went to Tempe and not Tucson)

stuffing (Civil War - really good or really bad)

Bird Course:

turkey leg (JS to MSU.  A lock?  Super funny and happening at the perfect time)

Main Course:

Prime Rib (KDB will announce he is headed to A&M right after their loss to the Ducks) - extra yummy.

• Haha 1

A3854FFD-5098-41E2-BF34-2A5E2CAB87AB.jpeg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Like 1

I am thankful for this community of reasonable people, because most people online do not want civility.  I am grateful for people being a good sport with our rules and protocols.

It just makes it all more fun when you have a group of nice people, which is what makes it a very special place here.  Thank you everyone.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 6
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 3

Mr. FishDuck

I'm grateful for this forum (Thank You ,Charles and associates!), and especially thankful to see a BALANCED Duck team!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

All the above.

The article writers, photographers and editors.

And most of all, I'm not at EastBayDuckDad's house. (just kidding, I love a good train wreck).

• Haha 1

Elizabeth Celia was born at 12:54pm with lots of dark hair and blue eyes. She's happy and healthy and her mom is doing well. 

We got a new Ducks fan here y'all. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Applause 9

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Congratulations WaterPolo... as far as I'm concerned, yours just earned best post of the bunch!

• Thanks 1

Here's me and my little Elizabeth by the way. Since she's a Thanksgiving baby and on the bigger side, she's our little turkey. 🤣

20231123_213818.jpg

20231123_212454.jpg

• Salute 1
  • Cool 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1