VegasDuck

Bowl Game! What Opponent Do YOU Want to See?

How about Ohio State?

What about QB? Is Nix done? 

In honor of our OBD member in Costa Rica...Thomas....I choose...

Milroe runs, passes No. 8 Alabama to 42-28 victory over No. 13 LSU, Daniels  leaves with injury | | eagletribune.com

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Texas

Right now Bama is up on UGA by 17-7 at the half. Milroe is throwing all over the place on their D. The potential nightmare scenario with two 12-1 SEC teams and 13-0 Michigan and FSU getting in and a 12-1 Pac-12 champion Oregon getting left out may have played out anyway, leaving them to end up playing a 12-1 tOSU, Texas or even Georgia. 

As much as it grieves me to admit it. I want the Washington team that beat OBD yesterday to show up in the CFP. Maybe not to win it all, which would make the b*st*rds insufferable, but to at least play well enough to make the swan song of the Pac-12 a good one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Georgia. I want to see if the Ducks have closed the gap.

• Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

Honestly, I don't even care. 

For me, after 50 years of this, it was CFP or nothing. 

• Thumbs Up 2

For me it depends on whos still playin for the Ducks.

• Thumbs Up 2

I too don’t care who we play I just hope the players and coaches all stick to their dream and stay on focus.

Playing in a bowl game is not as important as it was before the BCS and holding a team together after such a huge disappointment for the players will not be easy.

We as fans will all be back next year and hopefully we don’t lose a bunch of players over this. This will be a major indication of how DL will do going forward. 

Im sure that WS will be a great play caller some day but he lacked creativity last night and Deboer made him pay for it. He opened up the offense only because he had to. If he’d have stretched that defense from the start I’m sure he would have been in the game at the start. IMHO

I'd like to see Alabama or Texas.  That would give Bo Nix incentive to come back for the bowl game and perform against a top SEC team.

• Like 1

I’m with 1Ducker1, it depends on who decides to play for Oregon in the bowl game. It would be interesting to play Georgia, but only if Nix and Franklin decide to suit up.

On 12/2/2023 at 8:29 PM, latracey said:

I’m with 1Ducker1, it depends on who decides to play for Oregon in the bowl game. It would be interesting to play Georgia, but only if Nix and Franklin decide to suit up.

That’s a good point. UGA without our best players could get out of hand. I wouldn’t mind a rematch of the 2015 Rose Bowl with FSU. They have a young QB like we will have. Also, I would like to beat Mike Norvell because his voice is annoying and he has cop hair.

• Haha 1

On 12/2/2023 at 3:41 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I thought about this one as well. The only problem is that the game would likely not be played by the 2023 versions of the teams that had such wonderful seasons and be a true measuring stick. 

I'd like to play Bama simply because we never have. Already played Georgia and Ohio State. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/2/2023 at 3:41 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I considered this one as well.. However with likely opt-outs, it is unclear what we might be measuring, if you get my drift.

On 12/3/2023 at 1:34 AM, Nevada Dawg said:

I considered this one as well.. However with likely opt-outs, it is unclear what we might be measuring, if you get my drift.

UGA has maintained a pretty solid standard when it comes to recruiting, player development and on-field play. I would like to see if Oregon’s recruiting, player development and on-field play has improved since September of 2022. Maybe we only lose by 3 scores instead of 6. Both teams will have big name opt outs and transfers, so it might be fun to see. 

Unfortunately, most sites are predicting Oregon/Bama in the Fiesta Bowl. I think Bama is playing the best football in the nation right now, so it might not go well. Especially with no Dorlus, Burch, etc.

I just hope Ducks make a NY6 game. Only for the reason it gives Oregon another month of practice. Clearly the Ducks need as much as they can get imo. Especially the coaching staff imo.

I would love to see Kirby and Dan face off again. Due to most stars sitting out it would be 2's v. 2's for the most part. That would be interesting imo.

I would also like to see Nix sit out and see Thompson get the nod. UGA has very good depth and their two's would be good competion to see how TT stacks up. The game is meaningless unfortunately. Only pride is on the line.

Ty Thompson might not be available either though. If Oregon gets a portal QB, and this is only my opinion to be clear, Ty should absolutely jump into the portal immediately. No reason for him to stay at Oregon at that point imo.

Ducks could find themselves without a viable QB in this game. The freshman haven't really played but a few snaps and I don't think any have thrown the ball in live game reps.

I will watch the bowl game but this season is disapointing imo. Ducks won 11 games but lost. I can't categorize Ducks as a 'great' team as a result. They are very good and right on the cusp. But imo, 'great' means something. 'Great' is a tear above where the Ducks sit right now.

On to 24' where I will cheer for Oregon as enthusiastically as I did in 23'.

GO DUCKS!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

The Ducks are a lock for a NY6 game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm seeing Missouri vs Oregon in the Fiesta Bowl.

I would imagine the call for FSU vs Ohio State or Georgia is getting pretty strong.

Except from some of FSU fans...they want the team to boycott any bowl they get.

I would like to see a full squad Ducks play either Penn St or Ohio St.

FSU/UGA has officially been announced for the Orange Bowl.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sad day for Duck fans,

What opponent do I want to see the Ducks play?

”LIBERTY!” . . . said no Ducks fan . . . ever.

Anyone but? Liberty

I feel for ducks fans here.  Liberty?  Talk about a no-win situation.  However, that does beat not going to a bowl game.  

Wow... this is amazing because I was so hoping that we'd get to play mighty Liberty in the VRBO Bowl.

Between this, and FSU getting utterly screwed, this is just more evidence showing what a pathetic joke CFB can be.

On 12/3/2023 at 1:17 PM, cartm25 said:

What opponent do I want to see the Ducks play?

”LIBERTY!” . . . said no Ducks fan . . . ever.

Liberty was my second choice... right after just about anyone else. 

And now we know what the powers that be in college football actually think of OBD.

Edited by Desert Duck