jrw

Transfer Portal Tracker: Updated list of Players to Leave Oregon Ducks via 2024 Portal

Oregon Safety Bryan Addison Enters Transfer Portal

WWW.ON3.COM

Oregon safety Bryan Addison has entered the transfer, according to a report from Matt Zenitz of 247 Sports.

Oregon Receiver Kris Hutson Enters  Transfer Portal

WWW.ON3.COM

Oregon junior receiver Kris Hutson, a two-year starter with the Ducks, has opted to enter the transfer portal.

Oregon safety Daymon David becomes latest to enter transfer portal

Oregon safety Daymon David puts his name into the transfer portal.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon safety Daymon David puts his name into the transfer portal.

It's all players who got buried on the roster this year, wish them well

Yeah, would not classify this as 'bleeding'.  Oregon is at 91 scholarship players.   There will be more and likely the guys who were down lower on the depth chart and maybe a surprise or two, in addition to the guys who declare for the draft.

Oregon junior CB Trikweze Bridges enters the transfer portal

Oregon junior cornerback Trikweze Bridges enters the transfer portal.

247SPORTS.COM

• Oh no! 2

On 12/5/2023 at 10:41 AM, NJDuck said:

Oregon junior CB Trikweze Bridges enters the transfer portal

247SPORTS.COM

This one's a bit of a surprise.

Can we assume these portal entries come as no surprise to the coaches?

Perhaps are even at the recommendation of the coaches?

Or, can they come out of the blue?

CB Byan Addison

CB Daymon David

CB Twikweze Bridges - also a senior night particpant

LS Keller Stafford

WR Ashton Cozart

WR Kris Hutson

WR Josh Delgado

Seniors

QB Bon Nix

OL Junior Angilau

DL Brandon Dorius

DL Popo Aumavae

DL Taki Taimani

DL Casey Rogers

DB Steve Stephens IV

DB Evan Williams

DB Khyree Jackson

DB Marko Vidackovic

DB Devin Morrow

LB Jamal Hill

LB Mase Funa

LB Elijah Williams

K Camden Lewis

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1

Well, the Seniors had better play (I expect most will) or this game's wide-open and the Flames, who will be at or near 100%, will do more than just make a game of it.  Come-on Oregon, a Fiesta Bowl win is a big win and ring to hang your hat on.  GO DUCKS!

On 12/5/2023 at 12:56 PM, HDuck said:

CB Byan Addison

CB Daymon David

CB Twikweze Bridges - also a senior night particpant

LS Keller Stafford

WR Ashton Cozart

WR Kris Hutson

WR Josh Delgado

Seniors

QB Bon Nix

OL Junior Angilau

DL Brandon Dorius

DL Popo Aumavae

DL Taki Taimani

DL Casey Rogers

DB Steve Stephens IV

DB Evan Williams

DB Khyree Jackson

DB Marko Vidackovic

DB Devin Morrow

LB Jamal Hill

LB Mase Funa

LB Elijah Williams

K Camden Lewis

You can definitely see why Dan Lanning recruited hard at DL and DB the last two cycles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry but I'm confused.  I can't seem to tell from rosters who has used up their eligibility.   There seem to be seniors who could return as they have another year, yet there are seniors who are finished.  Does a list exist that shows those seniors who have exhausted their eligibility opposed to those who could return for another year?

Thanks.

Oregon DL Tevita Pome'e enters the transfer portal

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Ducks defensive lineman Tevita Pome’e has announced he is leaving Eugene and will enter the transfer portal.

Former Oregon cornerback Trikweze Bridges commits to Florida

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

As a fifth-year junior, Bridges had 16 tackles and three pass breakups as UO’s No. 4 or 5 outside corner this season.

Former Oregon RB Dante Dowdell scheduled to visit Nebraska

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Former Oregon Ducks running back Dante Dowdell is expected to visit the Nebraska Cornhuskers after entering the transfer portal.

Former Oregon LB Keith Brown to enter transfer portal once again

One of the rather surprising additions to the transfer portal last year was Oregon Ducks linebacker Keith Brown, a native from the state who had just spoken to media members days before about his commitment to the team, and his intention to stay in Eugene and not enter the portal.

Instead, the former No. 1 player in the state of Oregon ended up transferring to the Louisville Cardinals, where he played in just four games a had 1 total tackle on the season.

On Thursday, Brown announced that he would once again be entering the transfer portal and looking for a new team...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Former Oregon Ducks linebacker Keith Brown announces that he will leave Louisville and enter the transfer portal again.

On 12/28/2023 at 4:21 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Former Oregon LB Keith Brown to enter transfer portal once again

One of the rather surprising additions to the transfer portal last year was Oregon Ducks linebacker Keith Brown, a native from the state who had just spoken to media members days before about his commitment to the team, and his intention to stay in Eugene and not enter the portal.

Instead, the former No. 1 player in the state of Oregon ended up transferring to the Louisville Cardinals, where he played in just four games a had 1 total tackle on the season.

On Thursday, Brown announced that he would once again be entering the transfer portal and looking for a new team...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Former Oregon Ducks linebacker Keith Brown announces that he will leave Louisville and enter the transfer portal again.

At some point, you just have to face reality. I hope that the young man can earn a college degree and prepares himself for life beyond football. 

On 12/28/2023 at 7:23 PM, OregonDucks said:

At some point, you just have to face reality. I hope that the young man can earn a college degree and prepares himself for life beyond football. 

I’ve noticed that most of the guys who transferred away from Oregon didn’t have much of an impact on the field for their new teams. Tre Benson and Kingsley Suamataia are notable exceptions. However, I think Dowdell will do big things.

Brown was not fast enough for the sideline-to-sideline defense that Lanning wanted from his linebackers.  Neither he nor Sewell had the speed, thus why Lanning took safeties, beefed them up, (Bassa and Jamal Hill) and made them linebackers.

• Great post! 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

BREAKING: EDGE Jake Shipley to enter the transfer portal

One of the veteran-most players on the Oregon Ducks roster has announced that he is leaving Eugene and looking for a new team to finish his college career with.

EDGE Jake Shiple announced that he plans to enter the transfer portal after spending four years in Eugene. During that time, Shipley played in 24 games, including 12 of Oregon’s 13 games in 2023. Shipley racked up 15 total tackles and 1.5 tackles for loss as a Duck.

Going forward, Shipley has one year of eligibility remaining.

Shipley is one of the few players who has stuck in Eugene after coming in as a Mario Cristobal recruit.

He was a member of the 2020 class, rated by 247Sports as a 3-star player, and the No. 929 overall in the class.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Ducks edge rusher Jake Shipley has announced that he plans to transfer after appearing in 13 games during the 2023...

One who will NOT be portal-ing ... T. Johnson.

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

A key Oregon safety will reportedly return in 2024.

• Whew! 1
  • Like 1

I can't help but wonder if Brown is/was another one of MC's 'he has a lot of stars so be must be good' evaluations.

No aspersions on Keith as he seems like a really good young man but I was never sure he was a fit at Oregon even when Mario signed him.   

Just my $.02

Wow! This is a shock...

Oregon freshman DB Cole Martin enters the transfer portal

Oregon freshman defensive back Cole Martin, the son of the Ducks' cornerbacks coach Demetrice Martin, has announced he will enter the transfer portal...

247SPORTS.COM

Freshman defensive back Cole Martin becomes the latest Duck to enter the portal.

• Oh no! 1

Big loss for sure....

I wonder if it was difficult playing for Dad. Often times, Dads are harder on their own kids. I do believe he got into most games and was doing great.

• Thumbs Up 1

Or...we have some incredible defensive back recruits coming in and coming up, and he felt the footsteps behind him?

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

How are scholarship limits playing into these decisions?

Like Charles mentioned, I like to think that the incoming DB recruits might leapfrog Cole Martin in the near future and that's why he's leaving.  That being said, he was a good young player with lots of potential so it does shock for the short term.  I'm sure he's going to land at a good program soon.

Is his dad leaving?

• Yikes! 1

I coached my kid and it was hard to get his attention on the field so I took another path and I think my kid was better for it. 

Hope coach isn’t leaving also.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/2/2024 at 7:36 PM, Just Ducky said:

I coached my kid and it was hard to get his attention on the field so I took another path and I think my kid was better for it. 

Hope coach isn’t leaving also.

Just Ducky, my husband would agree with you about coaching your own kid. Kid is hard!

I wonder if there is something else going on. I noticed on the Snap-Count report from the Fiesta Game, he only got 4 snaps. That is a pretty low number for him.

On 1/2/2024 at 6:22 PM, jrw said:

How are scholarship limits playing into these decisions?

I just read on OregonLive/Oregonian that "Martin’s departure leaves Oregon with 89 projected scholarship players in 2024." If that is the case, we will need to make more room. We will need more room for Portal Players too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Keep in mind that the number is when fall camp begins, and we will have more leave after Spring Football.

We have two other fast-twitch corners from last year in Daylen Austin, and Rodrick Pleasant, along with two really incredible corners brought in this year. One is the No. 1 JC of the year, and the other we stole from USC, which made them very butt-hurt.  Oh yeah...we have Jahlil Florence returning too.  They are inexperienced, but one of the most talented corner rooms ever at Oregon!

And he is 6'4" at corner?

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

This leaves little doubt players are talked to about playing time and their future in the program by coaches. Players aren't just doing the math themselves if a players son is leaving.

It also shows that if a player isn't seeing playing time coaches aren't behind the development a player is getting just through practice. Players need to get on the field if they are to advance in their sport. 

It would seem a coaches believe if you're not a starter by your sophomore season then you better transfer down. That is what I take from this transfer, maybe I am wrong? Makes sense if your thinking you want to make a NFL. Maybe it is also a position thing, he doesn't want to go where Lanning sees his talent at? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Boy, it sure is tough coming to terms with Transfer portal and NIL's. These kids wanted NIL and deservedly so. But, with that comes the Portal and 'Free Agency'.

In other words, it cuts both ways, right? This is reality whether I like it or not. It forces us into the win at all coat mantra every year. Oregon is not going to let its foot off the gas.

There are a ton of D-lineman that are great but on a team that isn't so, he's Portaled. QB's are in the same boat. Nix, Ward, Penix, and Jayden Daniels are proof of that. Qb's on sub par teams with over producing QB's.

Better believe Oregon can ALWAYS get a top notch QB through Portal. Portal is what it is. I have accepted it because I want to win a Natty.

Edited by Smith72
Spacing
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here is a listing of Oregon's 89 scholarship players...I just noticed this listing still included Cole Martin. Are we down to 88?

QB Dillon Gabriel, rSR (5-11, 204)
QB Dante Moore, SO (6-3, 210)
QB Austin Novosad, rFR (6-3, 200)
QB Luke Moga, FR (6-2, 190)

RB Noah Whittington, rJR (5-8, 208)
RB Jordan James, JR (5-10, 205)
RB Jay Harris, JR (6-2, 220)
RB Jayden Limar, SO (5-11, 200)
RB De'Juan Riggs, FR (6-0, 202)

TE Casey Kelly, rSR (6-3, 245)
TE Patrick Herbert, rSR (6-5, 255)
TE Terrance Ferguson, SR (6-5, 255)
TE Kenyon Sadiq, SO (6-4, 235)
TE A.J. Pugliano, FR (6-3, 220)
TE Roger Salaepaga, FR (6-4, 220)

WR Traeshon Holden, SR (6-3, 215)
WR Tez Johnson, SR (5-10, 160)
WR Gary Bryant, Jr., rJR (5-11, 185)
WR Justius Lowe, rSO (6-1, 180)
WR Kyler Kasper, rSO (6-6, 205)
WR Jurrion Dickey, rFR (6-2, 215)
WR Jeremiah McClellan, FR (6-0, 190)
WR Ryan Pellum, FR (5-11, 170)
WR Dillon Gresham, FR (6-0, 175)
WR Jack Ressler, FR (5-11, 195)

OL Matthew Bedford, rSR (6-6, 305)
OL Nishod Strother, rSR (6-2, 320)
OL Ajani Cornelius, SR (6-5, 308)
OL Marcus Harper, SR (6-3, 325)
OL Faaope Laloulu, SR (6-7, 315)
OL George Silva, SR (6-7, 320)
OL Josh Conerly, Jr., JR (6-4, 305)
OL Dave Iuli, JR (6-3, 330)
OL Michael Wooten, rSO (6-4, 310)
OL Kawika Rogers, rSO (6-5, 320)
OL Iapani Laloulu, SO (6-2, 325)
OL Gernorris Wilson, rFR (6-5, 295)
OL Lipe Moala, rFR (6-5, 320)
OL Bryce Boulton, rFR (6-2, 280)
OL Jac'Qawn McRoy, FR (6-8, 365)
OL Fox Crader, FR (6-6, 285)
OL Devin Brooks, FR (6-4, 290)
OL Trent Ferguson, FR (6-7, 300)

DL Keyon Ware-Hudson, SR (6-2, 300)
DE Jordan Burch, SR (6-6, 290)
DL Ben Roberts, rSO (6-2, 310)
DE Matayo Uiagalelei, SO (6-5, 270)
DL A'mauri Washington, SO (6-3, 330)
DL Johnny Bowens, rFR (6-3, 290)
DL Terrance Green, rFR (6-5, 315)
DE Ashton Porter, rFR (6-3, 265)
DL My'Keil Gardner, rFR (6-2, 290)
DL Aydin Breland, FR (6-5, 290)
DL Xadavien Sims, FR (6-3, 275)
DL Tionne Gray, FR (6-6, 295)
DL Jericho Johnson, FR (6-4, 340)

OLB Emar'rion Winston, rSO (6-4, 255)
OLB Blake Purchase, SO (6-3, 255)
OLB Teitum Tuioti, SO (6-3, 245)
OLB Jaeden Moore, rFR (6-4, 240)
OLB Elijah Rushing, FR (6-6, 251)
OLB Jaxson Jones, FR (6-3, 215)

ILB Connor Soelle, rSR (6-1, 230)
ILB Jeffrey Bassa, SR (6-2, 230)
ILB Jestin Jacobs, rJR (6-4, 245)
ILB Devon Jackson, rSO (6-2, 228)
ILB Jerry Mixon, SO (6-2, 230)
ILB Brayden Platt, FR (6-2, 240)
ILB Dylan Williams, FR (6-2, 215)
ILB Kamar Mathudi, FR (6-3, 220)

CB Dontae Manning, SR (5-10, 185)
CB Nikko Reed, SR (5-10, 180)
CB Jahlil Florence, JR (6-1, 193)
CB Sione Laulea, JR (6-4, 185)
CB Rodrick Pleasant, SO (5-9, 180)
CB Daylen Austin, rFR (6-1, 195)
CB Solomon Davis, rFR (6-0, 190)
CB Ify Obidegwu, FR (6-1, 185)
CB Dakota Fields, FR (6-2, 185)

S Kobe Savage, rSR (5-11, 207)
S Tysheem Johnson, SR (5-10, 195)
S Khamari Terrell, JR (6-1, 185)
S Cole Martin, SO (5-10, 180)
S Tyler Turner, rFR (6-0, 190)
S Kody Decambra, rFR (6-0, 188)
S Collin Gill, rFR (6-1, 215)
S Aaron Flowers, FR (6-0, 190)
S Kingston Lopa, FR (6-5, 190)

K Andrew Boyle, rSR (6-2, 200)
K Atticus Sappington, JR (5-10, 188)
P Luke Dunne, rFR (6-5, 225)

• Applause 1

On 1/3/2024 at 1:59 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

OL Jac'Qawn McRoy, FR (6-8, 365)

Daaaaaaaaamn, that is a big man.

DL Jericho Johnson, FR (6-4, 340)

Daaaaaaaaamn, that is a big nose tackle.

S Kingston Lopa, FR (6-5, 190)

Daaaaaaaaamn, that is a tall safety.

Daaaaaaaaamn, Dan Lanning is stocking the cupboards.

• Haha 3

Oregon TE Casey Kelly enters the transfer portal

Following the Oregon Ducks Fiesta Bowl win, the group of Ducks in the transfer portal has grown, and on Thursday, Oregon’s tight end room got a little smaller.

Ducks TE Casey Kelly entered the transfer portal on Thursday, after spending one season at Oregon.

Kelly played his first three seasons at Ole Miss, the alma mater of his brother Chad Kelly and uncle Jim Kelly — a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Casey Kelly will have one year of eligibility remaining.

Despite appearing in 13 of 14 games for the Ducks in 2023, Kelly didn’t have much of a role in the Oregon offense. Kelly finished the season with 5 catches for 43 yards and 2 TDs.

His size and strength made him a valuable goalline target for the Ducks, but it’s likely he wants a bigger role in his final season of eligibility.

For 2024, it seems likely the Ducks will return starting TE Terrance Ferguson for his final year as a Duck. Oregon will also bring back senior TE Patrick and standout freshman Kenyon Sadiq for his second season.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Casey Kelly, a former Ole Miss TE who transferred to Oregon, entered the transfer portal again on Thursday.

• Oh no! 1

I though the portal closed on the 2nd

I though the portal closed on the 2nd

Teams that played in a bowl game get a few additional days their players to enter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks

Former Oregon linebacker and wide receiver announce transfers to Washington State

Former Oregon Ducks linebacker Keith Brown, out of Lebanon, has announced he is coming back to the Pacific Northwest with the Washington State Cougars.

Brown was a Duck from 2021-22 before transferring to Louisville for the 2023 season. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out for Brown as he had an injury-riddled season where he played in just four games and just had one tackle.

Moving back home, so to speak, and playing for the Cougars, Brown will be looking to resurrect a once-promising career.

As a Duck, Brown played in 18 games with 36 tackles, one for loss.

He’ll also be joining receiver Kris Hutson in Pullman, who also announced he is transferring to WSU. In his four seasons a Duck, Hutson caught 80 passes for 936 yards and scored two touchdowns...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Former Oregon linebacker and wide receiver announce transfers to Washington State

Former Oregon running back Dante Dowdell commits to Nebraska

Former Oregon running back Dante Dowdell will continue his career in the Big Ten.

Dowdell, who entered the transfer portal last month, committed to Nebraska on Saturday. He has three years of eligibility remaining.

The 6-foot-2, 215-pound back had 17 carries for 90 yards and a touchdown this season.

Dowdell was a four-star prospect ranked No. 135 overall and No. 6 among running backs in the class of 2023, according to the 247Sports Composite.

Of the 12 UO scholarship players to enter the portal this offseason, Dowdell is the seventh to commit to a new school, joining receivers Ashton Cozart (SMU) and Kris Hutson (Washington State), safety Bryan Addison (UCLA), cornerback Trikweze Bridges (Florida), defensive back Cole Martin (Arizona State) and quarterback Ty Thompson (Tulane)...

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Former Oregon running back Dante Dowdell will continue his career in the Big Ten.

Former Oregon DL Tevita Pome'e announces transfer portal destination

Former Oregon defensive lineman and three-star recruit in the 2023 class Tevita Pome'e announced his commitment to the Oregon State Beavers on Monday afternoon.

Pome'e entered the transfer portal on December 8th and announced his commitment via Instagram.

247SPORTS.COM

Find out where the former 2023 recruit landed in the transfer portal.

Former Oregon Ducks edge rusher Jaden Navarrette commits to transfer to UNLV

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

A former Oregon edge defender will continue his career in the Mountain West.

Former Oregon outside linebacker Jake Shipley commits to North Texas

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Former Oregon outside linebacker will continue his career in the AAC.