Ktmguy2018

Duck Fan Choice: Would You Rather...?

Asking for a friend:

Buy a package to go to the Fiesta Bowl or spring for season tickets.

Significant other is giving those two options.  Keep in mind that marital harmony is hanging in the balance.

Your replies will be strictly confidential.  

Fiesta Bowl.  Baseball is boring.

LOL - good stuff

This obviously depends on if you're a "season ticket person" or not. Personally, I enjoy getting to no more than 1-2 games a season (usually just 1), as I generally prefer watching at home, and don't like to commit the majority of my Saturday to the cause. But, obviously, many fans want to be there for every game.

I have had great experiences at away games (Ann Arbor was probably my favorite thus far). It's fun to experience the atmosphere elsewhere, and it's just that - an experience, much like a great vacation. Whereas Autzen is always going to be there for you in the falls to come.

So, I'd probably be in the Fiesta Bowl camp on this, even with the somewhat disappointing opponent. One last chance to see Bo play college ball...

• Go Ducks! 1

Oh you mean season tickets for football next year?  Hmmm, one game vs Liberty, or 6-7 games vs tOSU, B1G, etc.  Revenge on BSU finally...

Season tix all day.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would say Season Tickets.

But, I live in Southern Oregon and do not have to fight the nightmare that is northbound I-5 on Saturday night in the fall.

If you live up north... ask for a third package option. One away game at B1G stadium of your choice and one home game of her choice.

Season tickets all day long. Looking at the extended forecast for Glendale it doesn't look all that great. If it were the semi in the CFP then that might be worth it. This game could very well be over by the mid 2nd qtr. Next seasons home games are great and 8 total. 

Season Tickets for sure!

"Buy a package to go to the Fiesta Bowl or spring for football season tickets."

Hmmm, the Gordian Knot.  Something that a true Ducks fans should never be asked to encounter.

Have you considered going to the Fiesta Bowl to meet a new spouse who would accompany you next Fall?

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2

For sure, season tickets!  First time in the BIG conference with OSU coming to town.

Season tickets…Fiesta Bowl is always fun, but there will be 8 games at Autzen next season.

tOSU and Washington are probably the marquee games. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There a couple of issues with choosing season tickets:

--The bowl game is a one-time expense, but required donation for the season tickets and the costs of the tickets could easily go over $2,000 a year.  EVERY year.  Are you up for that kind on on-going expense?

--The season tickets will most likely have a massive new fee associated with them to expand Autzen stadium to accommodate our B1G visitors. Years ago when the north side was expanded--I was hit with an extra $1,500 fee for my two tickets, and I would imagine it will be much higher this time around.

I always want people to buy season tickets to support Oregon Athletics and cheer OBD on, but I also want you to have your eyes wide open as you make the decision.

Oregon vs. Michigan in 2003_John Giustina.jpg

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I went to the Fiesta Bowl against KSU.

My beloved spouse came too. We had a great time and have many memories. 

It also was a good away time for just us, you know, strengthening the marriage. 

We also did season tickets for a couple years. I worked Saturdays so it was tough sometimes getting there.

We also had to sleep over for those late games. That increased costs greatly. 

So on the surface, choosing 1 game vs 8 or 9 seems a no brainer. 

One choice will be much more $$.

The other more relationship building. 

So for me, which is the greater need?

And which can you afford. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Season tickets would be my choice.

With the projected renewal of the Civil War being in Corvallis next year count on only 7 home games not the originally proposed 8 home games

There are plenty of good seats in Autzen that do not require a donation.

Several years ago I got tired of paying the donation and moved closer to the endzone.

The games are just as exciting and enjoyable in the cheaper seats.

The only thing I miss are the people that I sat next to for 15 years. It was always fun to see them each football season.

On 12/6/2023 at 9:20 AM, Ktmguy2018 said:

Asking for a friend:

Buy a package to go to the Fiesta Bowl or spring for season tickets.

Significant other is giving those two options.  Keep in mind that marital harmony is hanging in the balance.

Your replies will be strictly confidential.  

By "spring for season tickets" I think you mean season tickets for Ducks football games, no?  That's what I'd opt for.  More bang for the buck.

Yes, to clarify I was talking about paying for the bowl game or football season tickets.

Errrrr...I mean my friend was clarifying.

Edited by Ktmguy2018

I wonder if the same question was asked last year on a USC forum between season tickets and the Tulane game.

• Mic drop 1

As someone who dropped a dime or two on the PAC-12 Championship game (and watched them lose in heartbreaking fashion), I’d rather have multiple games at Autzen:

SEASON TICKETS

I am not renewing my season tickets, which seem to be going up in price every year, a trend that of course will continue. And then you’ve got required DAF contribution.

I just no longer can justify the expense. When you also factor in the cost of travel - I live in Ashland - you’ve got gas, meals, and the expense of 2 nights hotel if you choose to make a weekend of it.

And parking in the lot makes no sense, unless you want to spend 45 minutes or more jockeying to get out after the game.

But after going to the Pac-12 championship game last week in Vegas, I decided to watch it on TV when I got home.

While it was so much fun being there, I actually realized I missed a lot. On TV, you get great background info, replays galore, sideline views, injury reports (I didn’t pick up that Burch left and never returned), and so much more.

Yes, I know, they are two entirely different experiences, and both enjoyable.

I will be at the Ohio State game next season for sure and probably a couple more.

But no more buying season tickets to watch cupcakes like Portland State and Hawaii visit Autzen.

Can’t justify it.

• Thumbs Up 1