Steven A

Pac 2 Blocks "Normal" Distribution to the Pac 12

Jon Wilner continues his reporting,

The usual 15% December distribution has been withheld.

WWW.MSN.COM

Cancel the Civil War & Apple Cup until they settle their pettiness.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 12/11/2023 at 9:28 PM, chrisjenn99 said:

Overpaid relative to their value to their conference for DECADES, and now they want to steal 140 MILLION?

These bugs need to be stomped.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/12/2023 at 12:28 AM, chrisjenn99 said:

Why was the OSU game scheduled in the first place? Give up a home game for an away game. Schedule someone who is suing you so they can make more money to pay legal fees.

Schmuck!

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I love it when the heroes of snowflakes bite them on the tush.

Lets get out of this OAC pity now.  Please.

Beavs are in fight or flight mode. Ducks were in the same, got a life line and chose to fly. Beavs were left no choices in the matter. Their existence depends on it. 

I don't know if they are right or wrong. At this point it doesn't really matter how they got here. What matters to them is survival. 

Hopefully, if they survive, they will look back, inventory the situation and fix whatever it is that put them in a jamb.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/12/2023 at 7:40 AM, Log Haulin said:

Beavs were left no choices in the matter. Their existence depends on it.

Why does their existence matter to us?  It certainly does not matter to me.

Yes, we would do the same thing, so would UW, ASU, USC.  The 10 heading to other conferences did their legwork prior to this summer and had outs.

No doubt in my mind that if there was no Big-10 invite we would be headed to the Big-12 or like.  We had our poop in a pile.  We made ourselves marketable.  We are a producer, not a user.

OAC?  Not so much.

This money/lawsuit thing does not blow my skirt up in the least, but I have to question the mindset of the Oregon power brokers who bend over backwards to schedule poor little OAC at beandip arena and cancel a legit Texas Tech visit to Eugene.  Absolutely stupid move.  All the while they are planning to take our money for themselves.

More power to them, I quess.  Just don't reward the action with a Civil War that has little upside for us and gives them their biggest payday of the season.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Billionaires and Lawyers.  None of this matters to the fanbase except for giving a reason to moan and groan about something that opinions will have no effect on.  ALL this legal maneuvering is just a symptom of the larger system it operates under.  Two, three, ten years from now it will all be worked out, behind the scenes, large amounts of money (that most persons truly cannot accurately comprehend) will trade hands, and the desired results that the Billionaires and Lawyers pushed for will be realized. 

So I try to let it roll off my back (like water off a Ducks back) and try to appreciate and enjoy what OBD fandom has to offer me; and let go of "frustrations" that dampens that joy and entertainment in my life.  Highly suggest others try to do the same.  GO DUCKS!

• Thumbs Up 2

I agree with holding up the distribution. 

The demise of the Pac was a group effort, and until all the crap is ironed out, no need to give out money that may need to be repaid.

This is a typical bifurcated divorce . . .  status of Pac has been decided, now it is just a property settlement.

As they say or ask, "why are divorces expensive? Because they are worth it!"  And in the long run, it will be.  

Besides, once all the liabilities are taken care of, then the attorneys will get what is left so why worry.

• Thumbs Up 3

Smarter people than me behind the scenes know what truly is going on.

While I would be surprised that a court rules that distributions from the PAC media rights deal need not be made to exiting colleges.

Just can’t get too fired up about contract law that is completely out of my control.

If it is legal to take those monies, then just another reason Larry Scott, and his enablers, should take the blame for the smoking heap of ashes their legacy left behind. 

• Great post! 1

On 12/12/2023 at 8:04 AM, DC Featherbutt said:

Why does their existence matter to us? 

It doesn't. I does matter to them though. And their response and actions reflect that. It can be simplified to fear and Beavs have chosen to fight because they have no other options.

I can't blame them. If Ducks were in their shoes we would probably see the same.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Conceptually, I have no problem with OS and WSU holding distributions until there is a full accounting of debt and other potential liabilities.  That being said, that should also include OS/WSU taking no distributions.

It’s apparent that OSU and WSU are desperate to keep the PAC-12 conference name alive, even if everyone knows that it’s a shell of its former glory.  

I’m assuming that the PAC-12 would be liable for any damages awarded and not the individual member schools? If that’s the case, then the PAC-12 could just declare bankruptcy and liquidate. That is what they should do. OSU and WSU could join the Mountain West or form a NEW conference. 

I’m sure that this will be litigated.

On 12/12/2023 at 11:46 AM, OregonDucks said:

bankruptcy and liquidate

Probably not viable:

1)  Liabilities don't exceed assets.  That is why there is a fight for control.

2)  Who has the power to declare.  This is main issue No, 1A, who is in charge.

3)  Who gets excess after liabilities paid.  This is main issue No, 1B.

On 12/12/2023 at 11:18 AM, Log Haulin said:

I can't blame them. If Ducks were in their shoes we would probably see the same. 

Without doubt.

When the LA schools decided to leave, we were mad, and rightfully so. They were throwing a way generations of history and tradition. Now we are the ones we were mad at, ¿and we are mad at the ones WE left behind just because the are mad at us - and rightfully so? 

In every negotiated settlement, you always ask for more than you expect to get. Let the courts figure it out. To me, losing some of the revenue, especially future revenue, was always part of the cost of leaving. I never wanted to leave, but since we did, I'm not surprised that we will have to pay something for the decision.

I wonder how this forum will look in 10 years when the "Football Powers that Be" want a 16 team super conference? If is all based on revenue....

They look and see that Oregon is not in the top 20 markets in the country and they have this little 54,000 seat stadium.  

They do not have or ever will have the rabid fan base that the SEC and a number of the other top schools have. (Maybe because we have lives 🙂 )

We do not pack the stadium (54,000 approx) for our cupcakes but  Auburn got 87,000 for UMass.  

In 2022 Oregon was 19th in Revenue,  we would be left out in the cold.

"First they came for the Communist"

"I did not speak out".....

Just food for thought

On 12/12/2023 at 3:14 PM, Duckman60 said:

They look and see that Oregon is not in the top 20 markets in the country and they have this little 54,000 seat stadium.  

I have posted this many times, but Oregon has the 7th largest global audience in all of college football.  A bigger audience than Alabama, Georgia, USC, and yeah--Auburn.

This is why Oregon is coveted by all, and I predict our audience will grow significantly larger in the B1G.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks have one of the biggest fan bases in the nation. But where do they stack up among the most beloved teams in college football?

• Great post! 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/12/2023 at 3:53 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I have posted this many times, but Oregon has the 7th largest global audience in all of college football.  A bigger audience than Alabama, Georgia, USC, and yeah--Auburn.

This is why Oregon is coveted by all, and I predict our audience will grow significantly larger in the B1G.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks have one of the biggest fan bases in the nation. But where do they stack up among the most beloved teams in college football?

Thanks for that information, I want to state up front that I hope I am dead wrong about this. 

Looking at the list, Oregon and Notre Dame are the only schools that fan population is much higher then their state population. 

This would mean that many of these fans are not local which could imply they are not as connected to the team as home grown fans. 

In Notre Dames case they have an advantage because of their religious affiliation which could create a more loyal base.

I would  bet that most of the non local fans are really only football fans of Oregon not Oregon Duck fans like everyone on this board. 

Many of the non local fans fell in love with Chip Kelly's offense and cool Uniforms. 

I am concerned that these types of fan might be fickle and jump off the band wagon a lost faster then most of the fans from the other schools on this list. 

But like I stated before, I hope Fishduck is correct and I am shown in the future to be a total idiot!  Go Ducks!