Charles Fischer

Oregon Legacy WR FLIPS From USC to Oregon!

More coming, but Ryan Pellum, changed his mind from USC to Oregon just now.  A Rivals 4-Star, and offered by Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Arizona, Miami, Florida State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas and Washington!

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon flips USC 4-star wide receiver commit Ryan Pellum to the Ducks on National Signing Day

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

So this is Don Pellum's kid???

• Like 1

N.RIVALS.COM

Ryan Pellum - 2024 4 Star Wide receiver for Millikan (Long Beach, CA) on Rivals.com

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Didn't Dr Hilarius write that every time a USC verbal flips to Oregon...."an angel gets wings."  ??

• Haha 5
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Love it! Now steal Gatlin Bair away from his heavy Michigan lean to pull off the WR flip trifecta!

It's never too early to infuriate current and future conference rivals.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Junior Adams and Will Stein already putting, in that work as always. Let's Go!. It always feels so great, to get a flip from USC. You know they hate that    

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Bully!

dan-gif.484636

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

img_5178-jpeg.484647

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

IMG_2295.jpeg

Don Pellum as a player at Oregon...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

BREAKING: 4-star WR Ryan Pellum flips from USC Trojans to Oregon Ducks

One firework show apparently wasn’t enough for Dan Lanning and the Oregon Ducks. They got the spatulas out and flipped another one.

On Wednesday afternoon, 4-star WR Ryan Pellum announced that he would be flipping his commitment from the USC Trojans to the Ducks.

The 247Sports Composite rates Pellum as the No. 99 overall player in 2024, and the No. 19 WR in the nation. He gives a big boost to the Ducks’ 2024 class, which is ranked inside the top 10 in the nation.

Pellum is the second wide receiver to flip to the Ducks on Wednesday, with former Ohio State WR Jeremiah McClellan announcing earlier in the day that he would be signing with the Ducks instead of the Buckeyes.

The Ducks have been recruiting Pellum for a long time and the Millikan High School star from Long Beach, California, was also fond of the Ducks during that process.

Ultimately the efforts from Lanning and wide receivers coach Junior Adams were enough to persuade the blue-chip pass-catcher to flip to the Ducks.

Ryan Pellum is also the nephew of Don Pellum, a former Oregon coach who spent 23 seasons in Eugene, primarily as a linebackers coach...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Oregon Ducks landed a commitment from 4-star WR Ryan Pellum, who flipped from the USC Trojans.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 10:49 AM, JDuck said:

Nephew I believe….

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 12:55 PM, Vanducky said:

Love it! Now steal Gatlin Bair away from his heavy Michigan lean to pull off the WR flip trifecta!

It's never too early to infuriate current and future conference rivals.

With the NFL flirting with Harbaugh....a victory with Bair could happen, but we won't know for 3-4 weeks.

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/20/2023 at 3:49 PM, JDuck said:

Ryan Pellum is also the nephew of Don Pellum, a former Oregon coach who spent 23 seasons in Eugene, primarily as a linebackers coach. See article above,

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

What is amazing is that USC and UCLA the self proclaimed jewels of LALA LAND, have classes currently ranked 29th and 58th. 

Must be the smog. 

• Mic drop 1
  • Like 1

Love the jab to Lincoln Riley’s eye!

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 1:12 PM, Drake said:

Must be the smog.

From Dan's cigar!

dan-gif.484636

• Like 1

Duck fans celebrate again as Oregon flips 4-star WR Ryan Pellum from USC Trojans

As you would expect, Duck fans were once again thrilled to see a flip from Lanning, especially when it came at the expense of Lincoln Riley and the USC Trojans.

Here’s how they reacted on social media...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Duck fans celebrated their second flip of the day, this time taking 4-star WR Ryan Pellum from the USC Trojans.

• Like 1

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1

On 12/20/2023 at 1:19 PM, kirklandduck said:

Love the jab to Lincoln Riley’s eye!

"Isn’t recruiting wonderful? Pellum was the highest-rated commit to USC per Rivals rankings."

INSIDEUSC.BLOG

Four-star wide receiver Ryan Pellum had been committed to USC since June and was considered one of the prizes of the current recruiting class. But the Long Beach Millikan student stunned...

• Applause 1
  • Like 2

I need to go back to bed and wake up again. Dan and company are taking care of any weakness that could be forthcoming at all positions. Never seen anything like this in Eugene in my 75 years.

Crazy!!

My old brain just can’t keep up.

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 1:41 PM, Just Ducky said:

My old brain just can’t keep up.

You and me both Duck-Buddy!

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

I would be happy if they flipped the USC waterboy!  

"Was always my dream to be the waterboy at Oregon...that river running through town, all that rain...it's a waterboy's wish!"

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

How was Oregon able to flip former USC WR commit Ryan Pellum?

We talked to Pellum's older brother Romeo who broke down how the Ducks were able to flip the long time USC commit...

247SPORTS.COM

We talked to Pellum's older brother Romeo who broke down how the Ducks were able to flip the long time USC commit.

• Like 1

Good flip, but this tells me that Bair is most likely going to be a Wolverine. 

On 12/20/2023 at 4:04 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Good flip, but this tells me that Bair is most likely going to be a Wolverine. 

Not necessarily. Bair is going on a mission so he realistically won’t play for 3 years. 2 years gone and then a year to get back in playing shape. They really aren’t in the same class, even though they technically are. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The receiver room is loaded! Let the competition begin and never end!

On 12/20/2023 at 7:08 PM, Nautique Duck said:

Not necessarily. Bair is going on a mission so he realistically won’t play for 3 years. 2 years gone and then a year to get back in playing shape. They really aren’t in the same class, even though they technically are. 

A signed NLI for LDS’s used to mean something before the new transfer rules. Bair has no real reason to sign one because neither he nor the university will be beholden to it. Something tells me he’s going to end up at BSU or BYU in a couple of years. 

I would have rather had Xavier Jordan.  USC landed him.  I think he has more upside than Pellum.  At least we got one of them.